[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

He’s getting heat because people are impatient. They want it all and they want it now. Not everyone understands what it is to struggle . Personally I think he brings a lot to the team even while his point production is waning. 

He’s generally good defensively , draws penalties and draws the oppositions resources in guarding him. 

My point is why just Petey?  Miller was god awful last night and boeser is completely invisible.   

It's pathetic, imo 

28 minutes ago, Canuck-Oni said:

I don't want to psychoanalysis Petty but I'm wondering if he is enjoying the gaming / streaming lifestyle moreso than hockey at the moment.

Gaming / streaming is easy..hockey is HARD. Hard on the body, mind, etc.

Steaming he can have a plethora of followers who LOVE him and don't complain or bitch at him like fans. Less pressure.

He could make more money steaming if he became popular...

Ah, all speculation and unsubstantiated musings.

Andy Griffith GIF

• Haha 1

For the record, Petey is my favourite Canuck, but in no way did I want the team signing him to that deal.  They should have traded him and taken the boatload of assets and pivoted.

Moving Season 5 GIF by Friends

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

My point is why just Petey?  Miller was god awful last night and boeser is completely invisible.   

It's pathetic, imo 

Not true if you believe in analytics.  Miller and Boeser are near the top in CF%, FF%, XGF%, HDCF%, etc.  Petey was in the bottom 5 for the Canucks in all those categories.  Worst part is Petey was even worse in game 1 than game 2.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20232024&game=30172

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's pathetic, imo 

Miller was pretty bad, but Boeser is just too slow to make much of an impact 5 on 5 in the playoffs imo. 

I think they should use Brock as a shooter on the pp again. He doesn’t get his shot blocked much. Throw Miller in Petey’s spot and Petey can be net front for tips. 

7 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

He’s getting heat because people are impatient. They want it all and they want it now. Not everyone understands what it is to struggle . Personally I think he brings a lot to the team even while his point production is waning. 

He’s generally good defensively , draws penalties and draws the oppositions resources in guarding him. 

Would you still say that if we were talking about McDavid or Matthews? If you think that he played well defensively last night ,then , I don't know what to say about that. :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

I think the only way Petey breaks out of this slump is he just goes full shooter mentality. Hog the puck and just shoot everything, don’t even look for a pass. 

Thats going to be hard to do when he pretty much treats it like a "hot potato" when he gets the puck on his stick. 

Just now, stawns said:

It's pathetic, imo 

Miller shows immense emotion every night , he looks engaged, tries for long odds plays, wears his heart on his sleeve. Obviously people will accept that as doing his damnedest to win. He get a buy for his physicality and showing up more often than not. When he’s off he’s proven that next game he’ll usually be there. In short, Miller had paid his dues. 

Boeser slides under the radar for the most part because he rarely makes glaring errors. He plays a safe low risk  game. 

They are all great players and it’s typical that one is going to draw more ire regardless of their collective play. 

Pettersson kind of sewered himself with demands to “win”. Some people simply put their own target on themselves. 

• Cheers 1

It's pretty hard to defend Petey right now. 

Bottom 5 on the Canucks in all the major analytic categories including CF%, FF%, HDCF%, xGF%, etc.

1 of only 4 forwards without a point this post season.

1 of only 2 players with a negative +/- and actually the worst +/- on the entire team with a -4.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm saying you can't use the argument that he's fair game because he's making $11m........ he's not.

Regardless, what kind of person is so insecure and fragile that they need to do that kind of thing towards a player on a team you cheer for?

I've advocated hard for miller to be traded, but it was never because I thought he was a trash player and even if I thought that, id never shout it from the rooftop.  

Do you admit that you were wrong, in that Miller shouldn’t have been traded? 

Asking for an Admin friend. 

@-dlc-

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Would you still say that if we were talking about McDavid or Matthews? If you think that he played well defensively last night ,then , I don't know what to say about that. :classic_biggrin:

Reread my post and pay attention to what I wrote. For starters I said “generally” plays well defensively. That means … for the most part but not always. 

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not true if you believe in analytics.  Miller and Boeser are near the top in CF%, FF%, XGF%, HDCF%, etc.  Petey was in the bottom 5 for the Canucks in all those categories.  Worst part is Petey was even worse in game 1 than game 2.

I believe my eyes.  If you think Boeser has been better than Petey then I have a bridge to sell you.

Miller was good in game one, but awful last night 

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's pathetic, imo 

Probably because he did some blind passes to nobody that resulted in a goal against.  Much like how Miller got heat last year for doing the same thing.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Do you admit that you were wrong, in that Miller shouldn’t have been traded? 

Asking for a Admin friend. 

Nope, I still would have traded him at that point.  I think this team has holes and they need a trade where one top line goes out and multiple good pieces come back.  Miller would have been a prime candidate for that.  Petey would have been too

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I believe my eyes.  If you think Boeser has been better than Petey then I have a bridge to sell you.

Miller was good in game one, but awful last night 

Lmao.  In other words you don't believe in facts.  Your opinion trumps all.  Oh boy...

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Probably because he did some blind passes to nobody that resulted in a goal against.  Much like how Miller got heat last year for doing the same thing.

Miller threw 4 blind passes out of the ozone last night as they were trying to mount some kind of comeback.

Just now, HKSR said:

Lmao.  In other words you don't believe in facts.  Your opinion trumps all.  Oh boy...

Analytics work in baseball because it's not a fluid game where your teammates directly influence your own numbers.  That's not hockey........there's no context to analytics and therex a boatload of context to a hockey game.

They can provide some pieces to an overall picture, but not to an individuals impact, imo.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To Petey's credit he does agree he was bad and the reason or at least a big part of the reason why they lost last night... He's taking accountability so he agrees he wasn't good and he needs to be better.

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Analytics work in baseball because it's not a fluid game where your teammates directly influence your own numbers.  That's not hockey........there's no context to analytics and therex a boatload of context to a hockey game.

They can provide some pieces to an overall picture, but not to an individuals impact, imo.

Ok you do you.  Petey's zero points (1 of only 4 forwards on the canucks) and team worst -4 also slap you in the face, but ignore that too.