[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

We dominated game 2 and were very unfortunate to not win. Shout out to their defense who blocked tons of shots though. 

i’m not worried, we’re playing the right way, and DeSmith is more than capable. 

we need more from EP, and we’ll get it.  once he turns it on, we’ll be unstoppable. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Dallas loses again at home to go down 0-2. 

That Vegas team is the one to beat in the West. I don't see any weakness. Maybe speed will put them on their heals? 

LA beat the Oilers by taking advantage of poor Oiler team defense. It is still the biggest weakness with that team. 

42 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well I would but.....

I would have put in the word 'proverbial' but i was being a poet. 

Maybe ...'pull your knickers up' for those that are 'sans-berries'.

That said, I wasn't talking about fans like you. 

You rep our positive, optimistic, lets' F'ing Go! club, very well.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

38 pages of mostly nonsense.

We're 1-1....Petey is good...give your nuts a tug.

Well you're mostly correct.

A lot of nonsense. Yes we are 1-1 so that's no big deal....

But clearly Petey is not good, and hasn't been good for 2 months.

Not only is he not close to playing like his former self, but he is also playing pretty poor defensively too.

So I have no issue reading posts where people are being honest about his poor play

I have a sneaking suspicion that Petey is going to explode one of these games for 2-4 goals. 

All this fiddling around changing sticks, flex etc needs to stop. pick a stick and, pardon the pun STICK with it. 

12 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Bruins just won their game tonight because they won the special teams battle.

If Canucks dormant power play started to produce, there would me much less chatter about certain players letting the team down. 

It’s priceless all the Leafs fans whining about Marchand and officiating. When we complained in 2011 it was “whining”, when they do it now it’s of a “genuine concern and the integrity of hockey and the league”. I don’t know, sounds more like whining to me. Suck it Leafs nation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

our chances of winning without demko are about the same as the oilers beating us without mcdavid

Well then I like our chances as McDavid has been pretty MIA in the games against Canucks for the last 3 years. Our guys just seem to know how to shut him and Drai down, even in the bad years. Honestly I’d be more concerned about Hyman. Also, I do know it would be a tall task, post above was just tongue in cheek, obviously will be tougher without Demko. I do like our chances against Edmonton, even with Desmith. Beyond that though, not so much.

Yeah I don't think we can call the lotto line relevant when it's thrown out quickly for a shift at a time. Give them a whole game, Mik Lindholm Hoglander could be a good checking match up line and then Joshua Blueger Garland get back together, Lafferty Suter Podz/PDG for the 4. It might be the charge Petey needs to get scoring and all 3 of them for that matter. I don't see many reasons not to try it really. That checking/matchup line should do alright Lind/Mik are great defensively and Hogs has the speed to for check and help score. Let's go Canucks, they just gotta win one of these road games keep it even after #4.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, XxNaslundxX said:

Yeah petey fked up multiple times. We all agree with that. I dont think theres a point in psychoanalysing the guy wants or needs. Guy has to turn it on, plain and simple. 

Desmith is starting game 3, i get that casey has had some good games. But if the goal is the cup, silovs feels more likely to pull a jordan binington or an aidin hill then desmith. I know our chances took a big hit with demko going down. But i think if thats the case then we have to risk it for the buiscuit

I agree,  but will trust what Ian Clark, Cheech and Woodley have all said. You can’t just throw Silovs in to the wolves, you need to let the veteran have a shot. Then if he poops the bed next game, you put Silovs in and go with the hot hand going forward from there and if the younger tender takes the reins and runs with it great. Throwing Silovs into this high pressure situation could really set him back if he has a bad game or let’s an early goal in. I mean look what happened the last game he was in, he did not look good in the Arizona Utahs game. .778 save % and that wasn’t even a high pressure or even meaningful game. So gotta be careful with this. If we lose game 3, put Silovs in for game 4 to see how he does.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

No need to panic yet. They have shown this year that they usually bounce back after a loss or a bad game. I wonder if the pressure might be less as well due to them not playing at home.

It's great to have the home crowd behind you and cheering you on but I'm sure it adds extra pressure as well. Pettersson I think just needs a goal to get going.

Nashville will change their game plan as well next game. They went full on defense due to the fact they got the early lead and were desperate to steal a win from us. But blocking 30+ shots isn't sustainable. You will start to get injuries and if you want a long postseason, you don't want to have your players get injured within the first couple of games of the first round.

I am cautious now as we as Canucks fans have seen this story go the wrong way for us in the past but at the moment no panic. If they lose next game and it is a lacklustre performance then we can start to panic. But even then it will only be 2-1, Preds still have to win 2 more games. We shall see how this goes.

Edited by DannyG27
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DannyG27 said:

No need to panic yet. They have shown this year that they usually bounce back after a loss or bad game. I wonder if the pressure might be less as well due to them not playing at home.

It's great to have the home crowd behind you and cheering you on but I'm sure it adds extra pressure as well. Pettersson I think just needs a goal to get going.

Nashville will change their game plan as well next game. They went full on defense due to the fact they got the early lead and were desperate to steal a win from us. But blocking 30+ shots isn't sustainable. You will start to get injuries and if you want a long postseason, you don't want to have your players get injured within the first couple of games of the first round.

I am cautious now as we as Canucks fans have seen this story go the wrong way for us but at the moment no panic. If they lose next game and it is a lacklustre performance then we can start to panic. But even then it will only be 2-1, Preds still have to win 2 more games. We shall see how this goes.

Great first post!.

10/10

Surprised nobody else has touched on it much... but I'm actually quite concerned that Myers has the flu.  It's no joke... the flu could drastically change the outcome in a series.  Just ask the St Louis Blues when they played us several years ago.  It was literally a flu bug that took down the Blues and the Canucks moved on. 

If Myers was sick on Tuesday, I'm gonna bet there will be other Canucks feeling it around Game 4.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, LunarPoetry said:

If you actually have 43 years playing/coaching and really believe that trading Miller was best for this team.....just wow

Can you prove that it wasn't?  How do you know they wouldn't have got an asset back who exploded into superstardom a year or two down the road and led the team to the Cup?  

One thing I do know is that Miller is aging and their window, with him playing this kind of hockey, is short.

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1