[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

51 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah I don't think we can call the lotto line relevant when it's thrown out quickly for a shift at a time. Give them a whole game, Mik Lindholm Hoglander could be a good checking match up line and then Joshua Blueger Garland get back together, Lafferty Suter Podz/PDG for the 4. It might be the charge Petey needs to get scoring and all 3 of them for that matter. I don't see many reasons not to try it really. That checking/matchup line should do alright Lind/Mik are great defensively and Hogs has the speed to for check and help score. Let's go Canucks, they just gotta win one of these road games keep it even after #4.

Absolutely! Its the opinion that a healthy Lindholm gives the team. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

If I’m the Canucks I don’t change much. Keep shooting. Especially Zadorov and Hronek. Break some ankles until the pucks go in. No way Nashville can keep up their 40 shot blocks 

Exactly this.  Also crash the net more. Get in there for the greasy goal. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Pobably for morale support. 

No way he would leave his teammates now.

That being said all the trainers and even Clark are with the team so I’d imagine he’s already started his rehab.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

38 pages of mostly nonsense.

We're 1-1....Petey is good...give your nuts a tug.

Great post. I'd put an emphasis on non, capitalize it - NON - and then draw it out like NOOOOOONsense. 

But you're right. It's 1-1. Petey is good. We need him to break out. He is doing other good things but we need his offense badly. Hopefully something pisses him off enough to get going.

#tugging

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

If I’m the Canucks I don’t change much. Keep shooting. Especially Zadorov and Hronek. Break some ankles until the pucks go in. No way Nashville can keep up their 40 shot blocks 

Burkie has it right, just keep grinding teams down. 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this.  Also crash the net more. Get in there for the greasy goal. 

If P1 continues to suck I'd try Zadorov at the front of the net to replace Boeser. Bruins used to do it with Chara

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, NucksNation said:

I think the only way Petey breaks out of this slump is he just goes full shooter mentality. Hog the puck and just shoot everything, don’t even look for a pass. 

If it isn't an injury, I think something needs to piss him off to get him going - in game or outside. If I remember correctly, it seems like something pissed him off during a game last slump and he started to play better. 

• Like 2

If Nashville wants to block shots, I say keep blasting bombs at them. We have some very hard shooters and we either cause some pain and suffering or get the puck through and get a scoring opportunity. Blocking that many shots is not sustainable.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

If P1 continues to suck I'd try Zadorov at the front of the net to replace Boeser. Bruins used to do it with Chara

Wouldn't hurt to try at all. They need to get to work on the other side of those blocks. 

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

How many playoff series have we seen the stars on each side cancel each other out and the depth make the difference? I’d honestly say it’s over 2/3z. During his funk he has been pretty responsible for the most part but last game he made a few big mistakes and because he is the highest paid player in franchise history and he hasn’t dominated a game in a while, it is magnified. 

This is a good point. The people here sh!tting on Petey are pretty poor fans imo.

Here you have a team playing in it's first playoffs in a decade and it's 1-1 series is tied. Yet a handful of goofs have decided that they single out this player two freaking games into the playoffs. That's just being a hater pure and simple. Like others have stated, Miller has one point, Hronek has done nothing special, Garland and Joshua have had one or two good moments but otherwise haven't stood out, Hoglander is missing in action, Lindholm has made a couple good plays but also invisible, even Hughes has been average by his standards. Oh yeah, did Boeser even dress in either game? Then there is the goalie situation. It's been a back and forth physical series where no one player has been great or horribly bad.

It's the freaking playoffs. Give the players a break they're playing 100%. Yes Petey missed an open net and had a turnover leading to a goal. It happens ... it's one game, fans should be giving their team a chance in a 7 game series, especially 1 tied 1-1 in which we've absolutely dominated most of the play. Has Petey struggled a bit? Sure it's called playoff hockey but it's a 7 game series, not a 2 play series.

This is the hockey playoffs ... game 3. Get behind your team and players you clowns!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DannyG27 said:

No need to panic yet. They have shown this year that they usually bounce back after a loss or a bad game. I wonder if the pressure might be less as well due to them not playing at home.

It's great to have the home crowd behind you and cheering you on but I'm sure it adds extra pressure as well. Pettersson I think just needs a goal to get going.

Nashville will change their game plan as well next game. They went full on defense due to the fact they got the early lead and were desperate to steal a win from us. But blocking 30+ shots isn't sustainable. You will start to get injuries and if you want a long postseason, you don't want to have your players get injured within the first couple of games of the first round.

I am cautious now as we as Canucks fans have seen this story go the wrong way for us in the past but at the moment no panic. If they lose next game and it is a lacklustre performance then we can start to panic. But even then it will only be 2-1, Preds still have to win 2 more games. We shall see how this goes.

There's panic after every goal scored upon us. Lol. Even when Demko is in net. It's ridiculous. 

Like I said earlier above, it seems to me Petey needs to get pissed off and angry about something to get him going again. Something needs to happen to draw that out in him and renewed motivation. I remember that happening in a game the last slump he was in and he seemed to feed off that. I think it was a dirty hit or crosscheck on him. 

The dynamics of being on the road and opposing fans could very well provide a renewed spark.

Imo, we need to crash the net more, work behind their D, get rebounds, get physical.

Don't focus on the panic. Just get it done!

56 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

If Nashville wants to block shots, I say keep blasting bombs at them. We have some very hard shooters and we either cause some pain and suffering or get the puck through and get a scoring opportunity. Blocking that many shots is not sustainable.

This is also a sound strategy. Just wear them down. You're right, it's not sustainable. 

On 4/24/2024 at 7:09 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

The Preds were on their heels for huge swaths of the game. Adding Myers back in will most definitely help. He and Zadorov have been two of the best players in the series so far, with Zadorov being the best player yesterday. 

Miller was trying his hardest to make something happen, as was Hughes. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of Nashville players are nursing injuries from that shooting gallery.  

This.... keep hammering them... they will feel the pain, and it'll only get worse for them. 
Canucks were by far the better team, and it wasn't even close. 

Canucks keep playing like that their puck luck will change and they'll win. 

• Cheers 1