[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

Every Western team dealing with question marks in net. I don’t see one standout. Are they throwing in the towel because of it?

Yes Demko was a game changer for us but this team has a lot of game changers and good players. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, madrigal77 said:

Thanks.

They are all guessing though.

So a goalie writer makes a comment based on just watching the TV feed with no inside knowledge of his medical condition.  No MRI record, physical exam, etc. 

Then it cites this guy: “Feels accurate. Maybe late second round,” a source said about Woodley’s reporting.   

So a guy guessing about another's guess, but is more optimistic. Oh, so Demko may be back in late round 2!

Then a third soruce worried about season-ending surgery. 

I think we can just assume he won't be back in round 1 and just focus on winning Round 1.   See what happens.  Really sucks, especially for Demko.  Guy deserves to compete for the cup. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Return of the Two Towers.

Mik on EP line is good.  Hope it starts to click. Hoggy needs to get going too.  All three of them need to be better. 

I know the analytics weren't spectacular in January but I still believe the lotto line should to be put back together for this series. Toch has earned my trust and I am good with what he decides but some rationale for my view are as follows:

EP Miller Boeser 

Mik Lindholm Hogs

Garland Blueger DJ

Laff Suter PDG/Podz

1st line: lotto line reunited for two main reasons - get EP going and increase our goal potential

2nd line: Nashville has one real line and Lindholm/Mik's main strength is defense (right now anyways) - play to their strength and shut down Forsberg's line. Suter is strong on the details. Hogs has a strong possession game and he can focus on being a bull dog.

3rd line: get the freaking band back together

4th line: play steady and bring energy

5 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I know the analytics weren't spectacular in January but I still believe the lotto line should to be put back together for this series. Toch has earned my trust and I am good with what he decides but some rationale for my view are as follows:

EP Miller Boeser 

Mik Lindholm Hogs

Garland Blueger DJ

Laff Suter PDG/Podz

1st line: lotto line reunited for two main reasons - get EP going and increase our goal potential

2nd line: Nashville has one real line and Lindholm/Mik's main strength is defense (right now anyways) - play to their strength and shut down Forsberg's line. Suter is strong on the details. Hogs has a strong possession game and he can focus on being a bull dog.

3rd line: get the freaking band back together

4th line: play steady and bring energy

The lotto line hasn’t worked for a while because teams have ramped it up and they have no forechecked besides Miller. Boeser can barely keep up with playoff speed and Petey doesn’t move his feet. 

On 4/24/2024 at 8:11 PM, Gawdzukes said:

No shit hey. You're in the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. Tied 1-1 after a 109 point season you spineless waste of skin. 

You're not even going to cheer on your team because we have a backup goalie in. Brain dead idiots.

Fuck him/her whatever and the horse they rode in on...

That is not supporters but folks who just want to say, I was there... 

Its a blessing folks like this stay away... the boooo brigade. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Every Western team dealing with question marks in net. I don’t see one standout. Are they throwing in the towel because of it?

Yes Demko was a game changer for us but this team has a lot of game changers and good players. 

I haven't watched playoff hockey for so many years, that as long as the Canucks are playing, I won't throw in the towel. I wan to enjoy every minute of this playoffs long or short.

That being said, it sucks to lose Demko especially if every other Western team dealing with question marks in net. With a steady and healthy Demko, that could just be our advantage to come out on top. It just sucks to lose our Ace in net after just the first game.

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

So with demko out we're cooked as we needed him to steal a series or three.  We were never given much of a hope, our season was a shock, tocchet's a pure defensive coach whose teams don't score, we fluked our way to the division win because we got edmonton early, pettersson's a weak minded bambi, quinn hughes does nothing but score, jt miller whines and disappears, hronek was an overpayment, mikheyev is a bust, suter is a 4th liner, boeser has lost his aim, soucy is weak, desmith has never been a starter, the kuz trade ruined our creativity and fun, our lack of a powerplay coach is dooming us, our lines are wrong but they play together too short, tocchet can't use timeouts, we only shoot from the point, we always give up dumb pens, we should have acquired scoring and size at the blueline, garland's too small, we don't have enough canadians, we don't have an elite forward, our goal song is wrong, we're wearing the wrong jerseys, the nhl is against us, the refs are against us, lindholm will disappear, myers will cost us, cole is too slow, acquilini is too cheap to hire good medical staff, our travel schedule is too much, nashville with their winning streak is elite and we just fluked the first half of the season rather than sucking early. We should just be happy we got a win and nashville will wrap it up quick.  

That's pretty much the kitchen sink of negativity. Easy to digest. It's always been right through 52 seasons. You should just save yourself the trouble, ignore the game, sleep or stream a tv show.

Or you can hope.  A fool's hope maybe, but consider trying it. More fun hoping and cheering than feeling the zero satisfaction of being correct online.

I always have hope. Maybe Silovs can go beast mode and take over. I don't have much faith in DeSmith. Apart from a few games in the first half, he's been mediocre at best. Did not look good in relief after Demko got injured other than the Edmonton game.

• Cheers 1

On 4/24/2024 at 8:18 PM, Nucker67 said:

Can't blame him for not wanting to spend $700 to watch the Canucks poop the bed, and they did. I feel bad for the fans that had to shell out crazy money to watch that. 

What.... its a fucking sport. There is no guarentee, what happens next. What the point of competing, if you know the result in advance. 
Canucks played a good game, but didn't have any puck luck... its how it goes. 
If folks are going to throw in the towel after a bit of adversity, then good riddance... 

I tell you this, if Canucks goes on to the bext round everybody will be screaming for tickets regardless of a few shit results. 
if folks can't take a defeat the should find another past time. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

17 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Feeling good about our defence.

But rest of the line up not so much. Which is bizarre to say out loud.

I am curious where hoglanders energy is?

Does he need to go 4th line 10 Minutes / night and just go all out for those ten minutes and maybe score a random goal and get under Nashvilles skin?

Or do we stick with the Petey Hoglander duo and hope for the best?

Or could be try splitting a game where Suter centres the fourth line and splits time with hoglander with Miller-Boeser?

Do we try to help Petey since hes struggling and try him and lindholm together again and reunite our lifeline Joshua-Blueger-Garland?

Its just an idea:

Hoglander/Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Mikehyev

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Lafferty / PDG-Lafferty-Hoglander (this line wouldn't play much)

Maybe its too much tinkering. Just getting nervous.

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Feeling good about our defence.

But rest of the line up not so much. Which is bizarre to say out loud.

I am curious where hoglanders energy is?

Does he need to go 4th line 10 Minutes / night and just go all out for those ten minutes and maybe score a random goal and get under Nashvilles skin?

Or do we stick with the Petey Hoglander duo and hope for the best?

Or could be try splitting a game where Suter centres the fourth line and splits time with hoglander with Miller-Boeser?

Do we try to help Petey since hes struggling and try him and lindholm together again and reunite our lifeline Joshua-Blueger-Garland?

Its just an idea:

Hoglander/Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Mikehyev

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Lafferty / PDG-Lafferty-Hoglander (this line wouldn't play much)

Maybe its too much tinkering. Just getting nervous.

For the record, if Tocchet doesn't want to put all the eggs in one basket and go 649, I do think Hoglander will work better with Miller and Boeser.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, HKSR said:

No you're just arrogant because stats and analytics is just as important, if not more important than your amateur hockey career.  

So I'm arrogant because I see hockey a certain way and express my opinions, but you're not when you do the same and personally insult at the same time?

I don't feel the need to run down the way you approach the game and even think there's a place for it, but for some reason you feel the need to run down mine, why is that?

Is it a negative that I devoted decades of my life to a sport I love?  Or is that something you don't have and wish you did, so you pretend it doesn't matter?

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1