[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

30 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Horseshoes running out. 

Maybe being healthy throughout the season ain't a good thing. The injury bug always hit. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Every Western team dealing with question marks in net. I don’t see one standout. Are they throwing in the towel because of it?

Yes Demko was a game changer for us but this team has a lot of game changers and good players.

The bottom line is, imo, if the team needed demko to go anywhere in the playoffs, they're not a contender anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

So with demko out we're cooked as we needed him to steal a series or three.  We were never given much of a hope, our season was a shock, tocchet's a pure defensive coach whose teams don't score, we fluked our way to the division win because we got edmonton early, pettersson's a weak minded bambi, quinn hughes does nothing but score, jt miller whines and disappears, hronek was an overpayment, mikheyev is a bust, suter is a 4th liner, boeser has lost his aim, soucy is weak, desmith has never been a starter, the kuz trade ruined our creativity and fun, our lack of a powerplay coach is dooming us, our lines are wrong but they play together too short, tocchet can't use timeouts, we only shoot from the point, we always give up dumb pens, we should have acquired scoring and size at the blueline, garland's too small, we don't have enough canadians, we don't have an elite forward, our goal song is wrong, we're wearing the wrong jerseys, the nhl is against us, the refs are against us, lindholm will disappear, myers will cost us, cole is too slow, acquilini is too cheap to hire good medical staff, our travel schedule is too much, nashville with their winning streak is elite and we just fluked the first half of the season rather than sucking early. We should just be happy we got a win and nashville will wrap it up quick.  

That's pretty much the kitchen sink of negativity. Easy to digest. It's always been right through 52 seasons. You should just save yourself the trouble, ignore the game, sleep or stream a tv show.

Or you can hope.  A fool's hope maybe, but consider trying it. More fun hoping and cheering than feeling the zero satisfaction of being correct online.

Post of the playoffs right there! This a thing of beauty. Should be pinned for all eternity!

So on point! 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Every Western team dealing with question marks in net. I don’t see one standout. Are they throwing in the towel because of it?

Yes Demko was a game changer for us but this team has a lot of game changers and good players. 

Excellent perspective. We have other game changers. It takes a team. Time to dig deeper. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The team needs a certain center to get his game going.

Yes and stop making blind passes out of the zone while the team is trying to mount a comeback.  Talk about momentum killer

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I think we can just assume he won't be back in round 1 and just focus on winning Round 1.   See what happens.  Really sucks, especially for Demko.  Guy deserves to compete for the cup. 

This right here. Don't think about any other round.

I'll also say ...

One game at a time. Don't think about the series. We just need a win tomorrow. Then think about the next.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yes and stop making blind passes out of the zone while the team is trying to mount a comeback.  Talk about momentum killer

Every pass has to be deliberate. I like how very few Preds try to stop Zadorov when he carries the puck out of the zone with a head full of steam. 

7 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol 3 years from being a contender when they are division champs and a top 5 team in the league and separated from first place by 5 pts... 

Oh wells, I guess they can only go for it when they are presidents champs. That seems to go really well for all the past cup winners. 

He's not wrong on that though. The logic is reasonable. If Miller is still scoring 80-90 points in 3 years he'd still be a main contributor but it's also quite possible the traded assets may be better value in 3 years right when Petey and Hughes are possibly at their very best. We don't know yet, that stuff is in the future.

Add the OEL hit the next 2 years, plus raises to Petey, Hronek, Joshua, Zadorov, etc., and it surely makes that timeline difficult. Now that Demko is currently hurt as well maybe our true contending window is 3 years away. We'll see what happens. Personally I'm enjoying the hockey and the team so I support what we've done.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This is just it. Still a little surprised at how bleak and negative so many posts are here about the Canucks all of a sudden.

It would do fans a better service to enjoy the ride and put less time and effort into complaining and over analyzing the Canucks goaltending at current, the inability of the power play and the constant ripping of Pettersson who is an easy target for various reasons from his salary, his body language, giveaways, his lack of production through the first two games of the series. 

Getting on the road will help the team focus, play a hard road game and hoping this translates into higher percentage plays with the puck and a simplified game, would not at all surprise me to see Petey score on the Powerplay in game 3 while Vancouver wins and takes a 2-1 series lead. But from a lot of the vibe here its almost depressing and a defeatest attitude.

The Canucks are a top team, really you got to enjoy the ride instead of pretending to be hockey analysts or knowing more than the coaches and so on. The team is very likely on pace to win at least a couple rounds in the playoffs after a breakout season. 

Another excellent post and perspective that's much needed. 

You're exactly on point about getting on the road and simplifying things. This is a good thing. The dynamics will be different and force them into a more focused, acute mindset and to dig deeper to offset the home advantage and adversity. 

I've been saying this a lot today but I think Pettersson needs something that makes him angry/pisses him as motivation. That may very well happen on the road.

We're a top team for a reason. Of course, due partly because of Demko but also because of our team game. 

I'm more of just look game to game. Focus on getting the win tomorrow. Get some positive momentum back without Demko. 

• Cheers 1

The Canucks breakout season on top of where the team is at right now has slammed open " the window " for the team to be Playoff to contending team for years to come. Demko is supposed to be a part of this scenario however Silovs is his heir apparent and the team is pretty set in goal for the long term no matter how Demko's injury or seemingly continued injuries play into this.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

But this chicken little stuff is no fun to read when the last game had soo many great elements to it even if it was a loss.

We're laying the body. We're going to break them down. LFG.

Yeah I'm not sure what some folks are expecting. Playoff hockey is filled with adversity, and the games are incredibly difficult and close. Our series has lots of drama, unique elements, and it's excitement is building in a very even battle between two really good teams. It's 1-1. Don't throw in the towel. This is why we're fans. Enjoy it, embrace it!

• ThereItIs 2