[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

On 4/23/2024 at 9:55 PM, stawns said:

They're so predictable........Hughes to miller, miller to Hughes.......Hughes to petey, perry to Hughes.

Let QH skate around and put his skills to the best use.  Create some chaos and confusion right now.  They're incredibly easy to defend.

Waaaaay too stationary

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RichterBelmont said:

No more doom and gloom here. Whatever happens I am going to support my team; win or lose. Let's just cheer them on and let them do their best.

I doubt anyone thought this season was going to be as good as it was OR that we were going to win it all. It's a process and I am liking the early returns. The direction that GMPA is headed looks bright. I am going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I suggest others do the same. Causes much less stress and anxiety.

Go Canucks Go!

We proved a lot of people wrong this season. At the core of this, no matter what happens, we're a good team that accomplished the mission of making the playoffs. 

The big takeaway is that when we're healthy, we can beat any team. Injuries have had an impact on the season and the playoffs. We all knew this could be the case.  We were actually fortunate to stay as healthy as we did this season. It could have been a lot worse.

We really need to focus on our goaltending situation next year and make sure we're stronger. We won't be able to run Demko the same way.

The team needs our support and positivity now more than ever.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Waaaaay too stationary

They should play Hughes at the half wall position where he can set up and control the play, Hronek at D to cover for any pucks going the wrong way and Miller in front of the net - miller is both physical and has some skill so he can pot those dirty goals in. Boeser and Petey cover the other positions. Hughes should be further deeper into the play with his puck skills not at limited at the blue line . 
Seems like something that should be worth trying out with the power play. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

They should play Hughes at the half wall position where he can set up and control the play, Hronek at D to cover for any pucks going the wrong way and Miller in front of the net - miller is both physical and has some skill so he can pot those dirty goals in. Boeser and Petey cover the other positions. Hughes should be further deeper into the play with his puck skills not at limited at the blue line . 

They should let him roam the way the oilers do with mcD.  Why have a skater like that standing still?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Maybe plant Big Z right infront of the net too.

Myers in and Juulsen out is a massive win for us. I'd argue bigger than Demko over DeSmith. Juulsen was garbage in the last game - 2 bad penalties, lost his man to let Forsberg waltz right in and threw a couple of massive hits on the PK which left him out of position. Meanwhile Myers was our best defenceman in game 1.

Hopefully getting on the road gets us back to playing our usual road game, simplify things and just get shots on net quickly. We don't need to get fancy. Hopefully DeSmith's game 1 jitters will have settled too.

We can't afford to go down in the series but you just know this Nashville team is bending, but once they break I think the flood gates will open up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1