[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Game 2

52 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Man this season has been a blast...but with this kind of news, it certainly feels very deflating and a bleak immediate future for our playoff hopes.

What a wild 48 hours from Demko missing game 2, to doubtful for the series, than doubtful for round 1 and 2, now doubtful for the full postseason. Such a rollercoaster ride of information. 

I can only imagine what its like for all the players...Demmer was the backbone of this team. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

...I believe you babe..

image.jpeg.6355714c01ab01bb879faa87d0f83ffc.jpeg

Good for her? I don't care if posts thirst traps, I care whether she'd got hockey reporting chops and it seems that she's been doing it for a while. 

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man this season has been a blast...but with this kind of news, it certainly feels very deflating and a bleak immediate future for our playoff hopes.

What a wild 48 hours from Demko missing game 2, to doubtful for the series, than doubtful for round 1 and 2, now doubtful for the full postseason. Such a rollercoaster ride of information. 

I can only imagine what its like for all the players...Demmer was the backbone of this team. 

I guess time will tell. 

What we know from the Canucks is he's week to week, but I recall Hughes going from day to day to week to week. Wasn't Demko's injury more serious than they let on too? My understanding is that the Canucks give fuzzy timelines around injuries under this new management, so what week to week actually means could be anyone's guess.

Could be two weeks, could be six, could be more. 

Edited by Coconuts

37 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

She used to write for the Athletic and generally has some pretty solid takes.  I don't know what sort of connections she has to Vancouver (if any). But she's not just some girl off the street, she's covered hockey for awhile. 

Yeah, but she’s a Canes beat reporter, I’m going to take Dhali’s word over hers. This is getting stupid, I’ve heard, I’ve heard, and they’re all basing it off Woodley’s speculation from where/when he thinks the injury occurred. It’s like a bad game of telephone amongst the hack social media reporters, all using each other as their sources.

Edited by arsenalian
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Yeah, but she’s a Canes beat reporter, I’m going to take Dhali’s word over hers. This is getting stupid, I’ve heard, I’ve heard, and they’re all basing it off Woodley’s speculation from where/when he thinks the injury occurred. It’s like a bad game of telephone amongst the hack social media reporters.

Clout chasing is real! Anything for hits and likes.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Good for her? I don't care if posts thirst traps, I care whether she'd got hockey reporting chops and it seems that she's been doing it for a while. 

I guess time will tell. 

What we know from the Canucks is he's week to week, but I recall Hughes going from day to day to week to week. Wasn't Demko's injury more serious than they let on too? My understanding is that the Canucks give fuzzy timelines around injuries under this new management, so what week to week actually means could be anyone's guess.

Could be two weeks, could be six, could be more. 

Sorry bro, Didn't mean to offend your friend..She must have a direct line to the Nucks coaching staff..Good for her.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pears said:

Elite mind games if he comes out and plays game 4.

Game 5 back home...

Whole team comes out to U2 Streets...

Then the music cuts out , lights dim...que 

Undertaker theme music... Out walks Demko. Total badass.

The Undertaker Sport GIF by WWE

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Yeah, but she’s a Canes beat reporter, I’m going to take Dhali’s word over hers. This is getting stupid, I’ve heard, I’ve heard, and they’re all basing it off Woodley’s speculation from where/when he thinks the injury occurred. It’s like a bad game of telephone amongst the hack social media reporters, all using each other as their sources.

Dhaliwhal isn't really saying anything different though.  It sounds like it's not a short term thing regardless of who's saying it 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hill stepped in as a back up last year a did pretty darn well. Darcy Kuemper won it with Colorado the year prior. You can be successful in the playoffs with mediocre goal tending. But that team in front needs to be prepared for the battle that 4 NHL playoff rounds will do to you mentally and physically. 

• Like 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

Dhaliwhal isn't really saying anything different though.  It sounds like it's not a short term thing regardless of who's saying it 

Dhaliwal has since said he was told to not believe all this noise. Again, the above is based on Woodley’s speculation, based on him watching a clip. This whole shitstorm is all based on the same Woodley speculation from 2 days ago.

IMG_4160.jpeg

Well it’s safe to say Demko is out for this series at least which is all that matters right now. How to win the series and beat the Preds. We shouldn’t be worried about the second round because we’re not there yet. Time for the guys on this team to step up. Nut up or shut up. 

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Your post makes no sense. 

You say in 3 years Petey and Hughes might "possibly be at their very best" which is an unknown. 

You say "if" Miller is scoring 80-90 pts, he might be a better trade value. 

You talk about the OEL cap hit and the upcoming raises required for Hronek, Joshua, Zadorov. You also acknowledge Petey's new cap hit next year. You forget that Quinn will probably be the highest paid D man after 3 seasons. 

Right now, Canucks are a top 5 team in the league and division champs. 

Right now Miller is scoring 103 pts (not 80-90)

Right now Hughes leads all d men in pts. 

Demko is 28 and one of the top goalies in the league at a bargain contract and has 2 more seasons left at that price. 

Petey (as much as we harp on him) scored 89 pts while making 7.35m this year

Boeser just hit a career year and has 1 year left on his contract. 

This is all before new big contracts kick in and we're forced to lose some players. 

I'm not gloom and doom to say our window is only open now and will close in 2-3 years. Our management has done an amazing job with guys like Podz, Hogz, Lekkermaki, Willander ready to come in through the system and take big roles but to say our true contending timeline is 3 years away is just stupid. 

Are we waiting for all the stars to align perfectly? Will that be our 1 shot at our cup? 

Like how much more perfect does it need to get? 

What if I told you in 3 years, Miller is an 80 pt player. 

Petey stays a 90 pt player while making 11.6m

Hughes is a 90 pt player on his final year before UFA with multiple Norris trophies under his belt and will become the highest paid d man in the league. 

We let Myers go and Z is now making 4.5m

DJ is making 3.25m and playing as he is now

Hronek is making 7.5m and playing the same

We lost Boeser and replaced him with Lekkermaki who is learning the ropes and putting up 50 pts

We lost Garland to UFA 

Podz is comfortable in a 3rd line role putting up 40 pts. 

We let Lindholm go this summer

Willander is playing steady bottom pairing and learning the ropes

Does that sound like a contender? 

It could be if we made other trades to bolster the lineup but that's my point. It's still a big UNKNOWN. 

Like how is that situation better than the current situation (before Demko got injured) 

It really isn't and to kick the can down the road for an unknown is beyond stupid. 

It's like folding AK suited and hoping you'll get dealt pocket Aces in 3 years. 

If you never folded AK suited, I want to play in your game lol

Honestly though if the Canucks play hard and get the first goal we will take this serious

we are the better team

Nashville can’t be lucky every single game…

And we’re gonna destroy them taking all those shots

they’re gonna get injured blocking all those shots…

there’s no way they can stand up to that garage and the pressure that we’re applying on them

we’re going to win the series even with our second string or third string goaltender

we’re by far the better team…

23 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Free Podkolzin.

I don't care that he isn't fully polished yet...I just want to see him taste playoff hockey. 

He'll freakin work his but off. He's listen to Tocchet as well. Guy can skate like blazes too. Hit? That too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Free Podkolzin.

I don't care that he isn't fully polished yet...I just want to see him taste playoff hockey. 

Then PDG is out. I would say Podz is in our future plans more than Di Giuseppe is. Whether its on the team or a sweeter for a trade next year. Either way two inexperienced 4th liners is not want you want for a playoff run. 

I think our only hope now is that Silovs is a hidden superstar. I don't think DeSmith is that guy, he looked real shaky in his first game. We'll of course give him another shot but if we lose the next game (or 2 in a row) then it's Silovs' shot.

He was alright during the regular season but he does have some young-Demko big-championship game potential.

Sometimes rookie goalies step in and steal the show and to be honest he's our last chance at any sort of cup run. Don't wait until we're down 3-1, if we lose tomorrow it's Silovs' net.