DeSmith or Silovs?

mmkk

Silovs looked really calm out there.  Casey has been great but not calming.  Casey couldn't play today.  Casey is older and Silovs is the future.  Casey has been a solid back-up throughout this year overall, but shakey at times in the last half.

So now who do we play in game 5 if Casey is good to go?

My bet is that they go with Silovs from here on unless he wobbles.  Why.....because getting him this experience now if he's no worse than Casey will pay huge dividends possibly for next season with our salary cap issue.

The future for the next few years clearly is going to be a silovs and Demko tandem.  For as great as Demko is we need to do better limiting his games to not over work him. Nothing wrong with that ... Not every goalie can do 60 plus games a year

I'd like to see silovs now the designated back up with desmith as 3rd.

Can't see silovs going back to Abby at this point 

Casey has 3 more playoff games played the media gassin casey like hes this huge vet that has seen it all my vote is silovs he handles pressure is ice cold and his rebound control is much better run with the kid this is exactly how binnington started his legacy 

I like either in short amounts.

You don't want to platoon starters in a playoff series (see boston) but in this case we have a solid backup and a promising young goalie. Both are better in small samples so you may as well rotate them unless one has a meltdown.

If casey is 100% tonight then go with him, and we'll hopefully close it out. If not then start arturs again in nashville. 

I think pdg/podz/juulsen could be the same.