[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

Roberts

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'd like to see them have a "really good 60 minutes"...but's just me I guess

I think he means really good five-10  minutes and monster 40 minutes and beast mode 10 minutes 

• Like 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

Yeah well, I knew when Tocchet said "day to day", then management said "week to week", that it would be month to month.  Just based on history of this clubs response to injury.

There is a disturbing history on this team of presuming a player is ready to be back and pushing them in early. I hope there is some accountability ie. Demko.   I can't give team doctors a pass on this.  This new injury, coincidentally just happens to be in the same knee as the one they had been working on, examining closely, monitoring, for 6 freakin weeks.....failed in the first game back. 

Man I feel for Thatcher. This was going to be the pinnacle so far of his career, no disrespect to the Bubble Cup team but this team is better suited to go far.  Played all season for this moment to shine.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Let's be honest, he's out month to month and not week to week. It seems every week to week injury has lasted months with the crew that reports the timelines this year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Let's be honest, he's out month to month and not week to week. It seems every week to week injury has lasted months with the crew that reports the timelines this year.

But it's also the playoffs.  Players will play with injury if they can. Not season ending, otherwise they will say so.  After game 1 of oils vs Canes SCF, McTavish said Rolobitch was done.  They don't need to hide the news.  

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yeah well, I knew when Tocchet said "day to day", then management said "week to week", that it would be month to month.  Just based on history of this clubs response to injury.

There is a disturbing history on this team of presuming a player is ready to be back and pushing them in early. I hope there is some accountability ie. Demko.   I can't give team doctors a pass on this.  This new injury, coincidentally just happens to be in the same knee as the one they had been working on, examining closely, monitoring, for 6 freakin weeks.....failed in the first game back. 

Man I feel for Thatcher. This was going to be the pinnacle so far of his career, no disrespect to the Bubble Cup team but this team is better suited to go far.  Played all season for this moment to shine.

I thought there was folks asking why the Canucks took so long to put Demko back into games? As Demko was practising a week prior to his first game.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

We can win with either of the backs ups in net ... But to do so we need at least 3 goals per game in offence.

With Demko out the probability of winning with less than 3 goals for is slim. 

In game 2 if the combo of Petterson , miller , Brock ,Hughes and Lindholm had between them scored 2 measly goals we where well placed to win ... Or at least a 50/50 shot to win in OT

Demko gives us a chance to win 1-0 or 2-0 games ..... Our back ups normally give up 2 to 3 per game but with our offence there is zero reason why we can't win .... So long as our offense shows up

So I disagree that overall we play better when Demko is in net .... It's more like Demko gives us a better shot at winning when our offence doesn't show up

If our offense shows up all three goalies are good enough to take this team deep in the playoffs.

Edited by Sapper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Canadian health care for you. It’s in shambles. We can’t attract high end talent anymore. They all go to the states where they don’t have to deal with govt funding to make money. They can just go private.

Tanner Pearson last year with his hand.

Heck even going back to the Cody Hodgson crap show. We have a long history of terrible player assessments…

On a lighter note…thank god the doctors in Vegas miraculously cure Mark Stones spleen! Just in time for playoffs. We need some of that magic over here lol

I feel bad for Dallas. Hertl, Hanafin, Mantha…all big boys added at TDL. 

I still feel we could beat Vegas tho. Just have a gut feeling we would oust them in a series and kick those cap circumventers to the fucking curb!

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Gotta rush home after work and come sliding in the house sideways for this one.

The boys will take this one. They deserved the last one and will adjust.  Nashville won't be able to keep up the pace of blocking shots without it taking a toll.

My boss and I are both leaving 30 mins early to catch the start of the game.

Perks of having a boss who's a major Canuck fan  :towel:

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So, it's been reported that it's his knee? Or that the injury is month to month? Just looked for reports (not assumptions) of either and nothing. At this point, based on Tocchet and Clark's statement, Demko is week to week. 

• Sad 1

So frustrating for us to play so we’ll all season for this and first game we lose our starter and probably shorter playoffs. We would be saying if only we had Demko we could’ve gotten past so and so.. 

• Wiener 1

30 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He's out month to month based on what report? He's traveling with the team, not using crutches or a brace. Walking just fine. Until it comes out from the organization itself, the news from the press is just speculation. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's out month to month based on what report? He's traveling with the team, not using crutches or a brace. Walking just fine. Until it comes out from the organization itself, the news from the press is just speculation. 

also, why give Nashville any kind of game planning? putting out misleading reports is what I'd hope JR would do. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Strictly based off my personal experience working in the industry and what little information we are being spoon fed, it sounds like it's 4-6. Exactly like the last injuries timeline was. That is the easiest and simplest way to estimate a knee ligament injury. We don't even know it's ligament for sure, but based off what I saw and the way they are handling the injury, it's a safe bet.

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Thatcher played 2 full games and if the reports are true 55 mins of the third game before he happened to tweak his knee again right at the end.  

Thatcher is a pretty smart dude-he’s going to make a sound decision based on the information he has from medical staff and how he feels.  He’s not the type to get “pushed” around so to speak.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

My expectation for Petey in this game is pretty low. Just can't see how he will suddenly get out of his funk (I'd be very happy to be wrong).

But i do have faith in our ability to bounce back as a team, have enough of the other players show up to win this game.