[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

Roberts

2 hours ago, TopCheese said:

Gotta get inside on saros to many wasted shots outside hashmarks peteys gotta walk in and roof it not waste it on a pass

Or this .....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yeah well, I knew when Tocchet said "day to day", then management said "week to week", that it would be month to month.  Just based on history of this clubs response to injury.

There is a disturbing history on this team of presuming a player is ready to be back and pushing them in early. I hope there is some accountability ie. Demko.   I can't give team doctors a pass on this.  This new injury, coincidentally just happens to be in the same knee as the one they had been working on, examining closely, monitoring, for 6 freakin weeks.....failed in the first game back. 

Man I feel for Thatcher. This was going to be the pinnacle so far of his career, no disrespect to the Bubble Cup team but this team is better suited to go far.  Played all season for this moment to shine.

How do you blame the doctors for this? His original timeline was 3 to 4 weeks, they held him out for almost 6 to be safe. It wasn’t the first game back, it was the third, he was clearly fine. It’s crazy to just assume it’s the doctors fault, especially since it is a new injury. What do you want him to do, never play so there is no chance he can ever get a new injury??? Show me the ‘disturbing history’ of rushing a player back only to get reinjured. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Benning era negativity lasts until the OEL caphit is gone.  
He fucked us for years to come.  
I hope that twit is enjoying his retirement 

It wasn't Benning who bought out OEL

Meanwhile OEL has Tampa on the brink of elimination, up 3 - 0

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Dude said:

Desmith is going to have to be massive for the first 5 minutes at least.The Preds will be coming hard.Also our big players are going to have to hit hard again to start like game one.Make Nashville pay for play in the o zone.

I agree. The amount of hits in Game 2 was down and could go up.

The first half of the first period will be important for the Canucks, so show their strongest push and their plan on getting shots on Saros.

Vancouver plays more better when they are checking hard, getting opponents to cough up pucks, and have more Ozone time. 

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Avs won the cup with Keumper posting .902 save percentage ... DeSmith can take on the Preds!  we just need the guns to start firing straight (and a bit o PP magic)!

Nice! Let's get it done!

Believe!

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 2

Let’s getter done tonight boys! 4-2 Nucks! 
Petey has a break out game and desmith has a solid outting!
Nashville will bring it but we’ll weather the storm! GCG! 🥳🍻

To quote Pat Quinn: That’s when we started to become a really strong team. It was ‘we’ instead of ‘me’. You don’t win without it.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

44 minutes ago, kilgore said:

And I have some property on Burns Bog I'd like to sell you.

Burning Kenan Thompson GIF by Paramount+

Seriously, even IF he returned for the Conference final, which would be a month,.....if Casey can hold the fort......He'd take a number of games to get back in the groove, and would also be battling his confidence, when say extending, or collapsing, his knee, about not re-injuring it again. He would not be the same as mid-season Thatcher

The closest thing I've heard that resembled an official report (unless something official has just been stated) speaks to the injury being week to week. 

I hope i am proven wrong, but from where I am looking, taking into account the Canucks history on handling injuries, we have to just accept he won't be back and get behind Casey 100%.  And if he miraculously comes back, while we are still in it?.......I'll eat a big plate of crow with a huge grin on my face.

The team is who I cheer for. Whoever is out on the ice, playing their asses off. That's who I support. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Avs won the cup with Keumper posting .902 save percentage ... DeSmith can take on the Preds!  we just need the guns to start firing straight (and a bit o PP magic)!

The Avs were extremely loaded that year...

All on pace for 100+ point seasons:

Mackinnon

Rantanen

Kadri

On pace for 90+ point seasons:

Landeskog

Makar

Not to mention guys like Nichushkin, Burakovsky, Toews all with 60 to 70 point pace seasons.

Canucks have nowhere near that kinda firepower to overcome mediocre goaltending.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's out month to month based on what report? He's traveling with the team, not using crutches or a brace. Walking just fine. Until it comes out from the organization itself, the news from the press is just speculation. 

Based on other reports that have come out this year stating day to day going to week to week and ended up taking over a month (here's looking at you too, Soucy). 

Absolutely pure speculation, but the club hasn't been exactly great with timelines this season.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Mackinnon

Rantanen

Kadri

Landeskog

Makar

Not to mention guys like Nichushkin, Burakovsky, Toews all with 60 to 70 point pace seasons.

Canucks have nowhere near that kinda firepower to overcome mediocre goaltending.

Hey im not thinking cup here, im thinking they should be able to get by the Preds...ill worry about the Kings 🙂 next round!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Darius said:

Hey im not thinking cup here, im thinking they should be able to get by the Preds...ill worry about the Kings 🙂 next round!

Oh ok, fair enough.  Personally I think we have what it takes to beat the Preds.  We just gotta keep pushing.

• Cheers 2

-Myers back in the lineup will help, our size on Defense in game 1 was a difference maker

-EP has to step up, I'm expecting a big game from him.

-Keep firing shots.  Nashville blocking 40 shots a game is going to take a big toll eventually.

-I may be alone here, but I don't think Demko is that hurt, I think he will be back if this goes 6 or 7.  If he was real hurt he would be back in Vancouver getting treatment, not travelling with the team.  Whether it's gamesmanship or I just have a tinfoil hat on, I think there is a reason the team has been tight lipped about his injury.

4-2 Nucks, LFG!

https://globalnews.ca/news/10452209/vancouver-canucks-nashville-predators-game-3/

" I love getting booed "

"It's nice to be the villain "

Rick Tocchet 

Lol. You guys better win this series or you're all going to be the villains and booed in Vancouver all summer long. Many fans will lose their minds if we lose to NSH in 1st round. 

Edited by WHL rocks

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mackinnon

Rantanen

Kadri

Landeskog

Makar

Just throwing out there, we're playing Preds in game 3 tonight....

By the time this series is over, MacKinnon and Makar could be laying in a hospital bed nursing injuries... they may not even go through against Pegs. 

Point being, maybe we shouldn't be so down beat, until we know, what is in the next Chapter. 

One game at the time...