[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

Roberts

37 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

justwin.jpg

The Benning era of negativity and doubt around this team ends tonight. We automatically think worse case scenario because of the years of the Benning era. 

We are in a new era folks! Let's have faith this team is different from all of those. Have faith and believe!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Wing said:

My expectation for Petey in this game is pretty low. Just can't see how he will suddenly get out of his funk (I'd be very happy to be wrong).

But i do have faith in our ability to bounce back as a team, have enough of the other players show up to win this game. 

Petey is capable, maybe he needs some swagger back, so here, have some !!!!!

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

2 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'd like to see them have a "really good 60 minutes"...but that's just me I guess

What they need is to have a good first 10 minutes, then a good second 10 minutes, then a good third 10 minutes…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Rush said:

The Benning era of negativity and doubt around this team ends tonight. We automatically think worse case scenario because of the years of the Benning era. 

We are in a new era folks! Let's have faith this team is different from all of those. Have faith and believe!

Benning era negativity lasts until the OEL caphit is gone.  
He fucked us for years to come.  
I hope that twit is enjoying his retirement 

Edited by D.B Cooper

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

Thatcher played 2 full games and if the reports are true 55 mins of the third game before he happened to tweak his knee again right at the end.  

Thatcher is a pretty smart dude-he’s going to make a sound decision based on the information he has from medical staff and how he feels.  He’s not the type to get “pushed” around so to speak.  

Pushed wasn't the right word.  But I think its easy to assume that the player wants to play.  And especially for the playoffs, would push himself, and convince himself, that he's ready, maybe before he is. That's human nature.  Its up to the team doctors to say "whoa there....lets make sure about how much stress you can actually risk on the injured knee yet".  After the initial injury Thatcher and the medical staff thought it was possible to be back by the Calgary game if he just followed these sets of exercises etc. That was the Big Plan.  I'm sure Thatcher also had that date in his head.  No one wanted to deviate from that.

But based on the Canucks medical staff's history of players getting re-injured soon after coming back, I'm a little suspect.  I can't imagine the pressure that staff feels from both sides, Tocchet and management on one.....and the eager player himself on the other.  But sorry, they have to have bigger cojones, and just do their job.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Benning era negativity lasts until the OEL caphit is gone.  
He fucked us for years to come.  
I hope that twit is enjoying his retirement 

I hope every time he goes out, Benning's beer would be served warm and coffee is served cold.

He did more damage to the team than Mark Messier. Those stupid contracts and inability to manage the cap is going to hamper our contending window in the forseeable future. Benning sucks, and if he ever has the guts to step into Rogers arena and they show him on the Jumbotron, I hope the crowd sarinate him with the boos.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I thought there was folks asking why the Canucks too so long to put Demko back into games? As Demko was practising a week prior to his first game.

Those folks are unimportant. They know nothing. Wishful thinking. I was one of them.

The team doctors are the ones that should call the shots, not management, coaches, or us fans.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

3 of the four western series are split after two games. 

We got this. 

And after tonight, it's a very good possibility that 3 of the 4 Eastern Series will be at 3-0. Kind of amazing the differences between each conference in depth of teams. Feel like the West is much deeper from 1-8 than the East is.

Feel like I'm one of the lonely ones who isn't worried. I believe we got this. We did everything but score last game. Couldn't buy one. Sometimes it goes like that, but I haven't seen their goalie look all that impressive. Hes shaky and gives up loads of rebounds. I think the difference so far has been shot blocking. We need to move the puck around quicker to pull them out of position and then get quick wristers off and cash in on the rebounds. Get greasy ugly goals. 

I believe! LFG Canucks!:towel:

• Vintage 1

At the start of the season, people were fine with Demko getting a projected 55-60 games. We were glad to have DeSmith to handle the rest. All was good.

Demko was given a clean bill of health and cleared to play by doctors. He was a key difference maker this season in our success.

Demko is a starting goalie. He wasn't going to play less than the projected 55-60.

None of that is Tocchet's fault.

Going forward, however, now that we have more definitive information with Demko's late injury in the season, and the playoffs, he needs to be managed more precisely next season for sure.

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

Petey generally likes onto hold the puck and look for plays.  I hope he can speed his game up a little and let go some quick shots/create some chaos/rebound chances.    Might be getting in his own way a little bit.

Pretty much sums it up, but he's always been a low shot guy.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So, it's been reported that it's his knee? Or that the injury is month to month? Just looked for reports (not assumptions) of either and nothing. At this point, based on Tocchet and Clark's statement, Demko is week to week. 

And I have some property on Burns Bog I'd like to sell you.

Seriously, even IF he returned for the Conference final, which would be a month,.....if Casey can hold the fort......He'd take a number of games to get back in the groove, and would also be battling his confidence, when say extending, or collapsing, his knee, about not re-injuring it again. He would not be the same as mid-season Thatcher. 

I hope i am proven wrong, but from where I am looking, taking into account the Canucks history on handling injuries, we have to just accept he won't be back and get behind Casey 100%.  And if he miraculously comes back, while we are still in it?.......I'll eat a big plate of crow with a huge grin on my face.

I think one of our 3 big D are gonna crush someone so bad tonight they don't play again this series, Big Z had a couple guys leaving slow, big Myz can cream em in the corners, and big Sooos gonna flatten some pancakes to ight. I think this game gets ugly. Petey scores a hatty all on the PP 

9 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I'm leaving work an hour early just to try and make it for puck drop. Gonna try and squeeze in a beer run and take the dog for a walk too.

Sir you just achieved Boss level for getting er done , way to go boss! 

• Cheers 1

From a lot of the interviews I've hear from players it sorta feels/seems like them saying - Our fuckin' fans are crazy, Let's get the fuck outta here so we can play hockey and get boo'd! ..That's when we are at our best. 🙃

• Haha 1