[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

Roberts

4 hours ago, NucksNation said:

I really don’t understand why they’re not unloading bombs on the Nashville defenders. Half their team could be out by game 5 if the Nucks did that and they want to keep blocking that many shots. 

Hronek would kill guys with his bonbs. I'm flummoxed by Tocchet with so many alternate choices and him standing pat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I don't know what the profit margins are in radio, but man this seems cheap. 

Add the fact that Aquaman would allow our team to be outdone by the Laffs in this regard and it's just damn embarrassing. I get SN cheaping out but ol' moneybags stands to make massive profits off a deep run. Should be showing support any way he can and this seems a super cheap way to do so

• MillerTime 1

24 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just throwing out there, we're playing Preds in game 3 tonight....

By the time this series is over, MacKinnon and Makar could be laying in a hospital bed nursing injuries... they may not even go through against Pegs. 

Point being, maybe we shouldn't be so down beat, until we know, what is in the next Chapter. 

One game at the time... 

I'm talking about what that Avs team was in 2021-22 when Kuemper was the backstopper for the Cup run.  We look back now and they had 5 guys on a 90pt+ pace!  Ridiculous depth and offence.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

This. Start firing missiles at the soft bits. No Mercy. 

I wonder if the players should automatically skate to a Nashville player looking to dig out/win puck battles immediately after Hronek releases a bomb and a Nashville player goes down blocking a shot. 

I think it'd be human nature to pull a flamingo if you just got hit hard with a puck and while in pain another one is whizzing by you. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To change the luck. I've shaved my playoff goatee. I really can't grow beards anymore. I just find it itches way too much.

I like the look. I just want wins.

Luck REALLY doesn't change until you shave off your eyebrows. Post pics! 😉

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yeah well, I knew when Tocchet said "day to day", then management said "week to week", that it would be month to month.  Just based on history of this clubs response to injury.

There is a disturbing history on this team of presuming a player is ready to be back and pushing them in early. I hope there is some accountability ie. Demko.   I can't give team doctors a pass on this.  This new injury, coincidentally just happens to be in the same knee as the one they had been working on, examining closely, monitoring, for 6 freakin weeks.....failed in the first game back. 

Man I feel for Thatcher. This was going to be the pinnacle so far of his career, no disrespect to the Bubble Cup team but this team is better suited to go far.  Played all season for this moment to shine.

So no pass for the docs

What about Demmer? I'm sure he had some say in it. For all we know, it was him who insisted he needed to get out there before season's end so he was back in his groove for game 1

Easy to blame random elements when we don't have all the details

Fact is, he's out for now and the rest of the team are gonna have bring their A game every night just like they were gonna have to when he was in

Just

Win

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

And after tonight, it's a very good possibility that 3 of the 4 Eastern Series will be at 3-0. Kind of amazing the differences between each conference in depth of teams. Feel like the West is much deeper from 1-8 than the East is.

I am pretty sure the Cup will go to a Western Team this year, for pretty much that reason. Almost any of the 8 Western Teams can beat pretty much 6 or 7 of the Eastern Ones.. and depending on the luck factor, a really good Western Team may face a not as good Eastern. Just my thoughts, not saying I am right. 

3 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Did The Province fired all their competent editors? Shouldn't it be "role"?

image.png.d6036709fb5effbbceea6685d5c99617.png

Editors and proofreaders are pretty much a thing of the past. Modern journalism uses spell check like a crutch and then just shrugs their shoulders 'cuz they no that ppl jus reed 4 comprehension now n don rly care bout gramr n speeling'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wash said:

Go Canucks go!  Not a fan of the 4 PM start, but need to make it work!

I agree with you, but, the game is in the Central time zone and most will start as if it was in the Eastern time zone. The Stars home games did start as if it was in the Pacific time zone to accommodate the doubleheader. Games in the Mountain time zone will start as if it was in the Pacific time zone. Overall, viewers want doubleheaders during the playoffs when it is possible to do so.

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

I'm sure they are calling it except they didn't get to travel there..Prob will be doing play-by-play watching a screen like us..

This is the case as per the article.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

It wasn't Benning who bought out OEL

Meanwhile OEL has Tampa on the brink of elimination, up 3 - 0

He should have never been a Canuck. 
Possibly the worst trade in franchise history, maybe second only to Neely. 
And OEL doesn’t have Florida up.  
He barely plays 15 min a night and that is with PP time.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You forgot "Deadish" ....................if Demko doesn't come back soon!

3 hours ago, mmkk said:

The motto of the game.

Finish. Punish. Demolish. Accomplish.

Careful what you ish for

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To change the luck. I've shaved my playoff goatee. I really can't grow beards anymore. I just find it itches way too much.

I like the look. I just want wins.

For this important game i suggest you cutting pubic hair😝