[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | April 26th, 4:30PM PT | Round 1, Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)

Roberts

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the process does matter. Hey they won. That’s great but this isn’t a recipe for success long term. Hopefully it’s a one off and they play to their capabilities next game. Take the pressure off DeSmith a little.

Game 1 1994 vs NYR they dominated us , mclean stood on his head and we won.  Nobody cares, all that matters is the score.

Most of their shots were perimeter shots.

deserve.jpg

• Cheers 2

I think earlier in the game the Canucks have a pretty good chance of winning a challenge for goaltender interference. He definitely couldn’t extend his leg to stop it. But it was too risky at that point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

what an odd game!  I don't think I've ever witnessed a game where SO many bounces have gone OUR way. pucks off skates, etc and just wide of our net.  

and to be honest I was in udder shock that Joshua wasn't given 5 and a game for that first period hit. not that he deserved it, but you know those paid off refs and all. 

Bullshit... bounces were not going Canucks way... in fact the Preds got a couple lucky bounces which were nearly goals, but were stopped by good Canuck plays.

What Pred shooters are doing is choking.... especially O'Reilly.... he has shot wide so many times I can't count them.

Just now, J-23 said:

We deserved it since we missed 4 empty nets in game 2.

I concur whole heartedly... would've been nice if EP40 could've at least gotten an empty netter even to make up for his missed nets

• Huggy Bear 1

Well the process does matter. Hey they won. That’s great but this isn’t a recipe for success long term. Hopefully it’s a one off and they play to their capabilities next game. Take the pressure off DeSmith a little.

We out played them and game 2 and it didn’t go in for us. 80 shot attempts. The process is fine 

39 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Pettersson has had a great game.

Set up two tap ins... which were missed...  nearly put another in... has played well defensively.

He is keeping his line in the O-Zone.

Your stretching it.

He's in survival mode.

As long as he keeps his mistakes to a minimum that's all we ask.

His form will come back. 

After his post partum contract depression goes away.

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Game 1 1994 vs NYR they dominated us , mclean stood on his head and we won.  Nobody cares, all that matters is the score.

Most of their shots were perimeter shots.

deserve.jpg

Ya it’s great they got the win. I just hope they play a whole lot better next game for DeSmith’s sake.

Just now, high flying Vee said:

Peterson with a very strong defensive effort

Yeah he looked good out there. If he wasn’t in a slump people wouldn’t say anything

Ya it’s great they got the win. I just hope they play a whole lot better next game for DeSmith’s sake.

no doubt, hopefully they push a little more in the next game

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

gives me a lot of confidence going forward ...excellent job tonight

Though I don't want to see the team sit back as much as they did, it's really reassuring that DeSmith can steal one for us in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah sucks winning game 3 of the Stanley cup playoffs. Not to mention not even seeing playoff hockey for years. But ya didn’t feel like a win 

With 12 shots on goals. With Canucks failing to maintain offensive pressure. I don't know about you but that works against the Preds, but that's not going to work against better teams.

10 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Yes!!!

Now could someone please give me a quick rundown of the game hilights please 

and did Petey show up ?
ugh, only good thing about leaving Hawaii is finally getting to watch the games and post on here during it 

DeSmith played well. Special teams was good - 2 PP goals. Killed all PKs. Third period defensive shell. 12 shots total.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sheffy said:

With 12 shots on goals. With Canucks failing to maintain offensive pressure. I don't know about you but that works against the Preds, but that's not going to work against better teams.

Yeah but we’re playing the Predators and we won.

2 minutes ago, sheffy said:

We only need to worry about one game at a time. Canucks won the game, now they work on more shots in game 4. Positive is Special teams were great and DeSmith - those are two VERY big positives for the Canucks.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Though I don't want to see the team sit back as much as they did, it's really reassuring that DeSmith can steal one for us in the playoffs. 

This is very true because before this game it’s been hard to not feel a bit of defeat with Demko being injured. Every other team is using their starting goalie and of course purs gets injured on a year we could go far so it was nice seeing DeSmith steal us a game. 

• Cheers 1