[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I loved the commitment to the defensive side.

I know it's cliche however Defense wins championships.

This is true in all three of the team sports I follow.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm is showing his value in the playoffs.  And so is Zadorov and Joshua.  Hronek not so much.  I’d rather keep Lindholm than Hronek so we can have 3 great lines next season.  We can go hard after Tanev or Matt Roy to replace Hronek and play with Hughes next season and then trade Hronek for picks/prospects…

Absolutely no sin in refreshing/recycling the Bo assets. Be wonderful to win it all in the meantime!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He’s shown his worth in both his defensive acumen and face off dominance.

Although the Canucks were shite in the dot tonight. Shite. 36.7%. Not good. 

Although I heard someone say Canucks were waved from the dot 21 times to Nashville's 5.  Makes it easier to win against the lesser proficient 

• Vintage 1

DeSmith was solid. Defence played well and didn't allow many high quality chances until the latter half of the third when preds were pushing. That said, we benefited from some luck this game, as did the preds last game.

And holy hell, how the f*** did it take this long to replace Suter on the PP.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm is showing his value in the playoffs.  And so is Zadorov and Joshua.  Hronek not so much.  I’d rather keep Lindholm than Hronek so we can have 3 great lines next season.  We can go hard after Tanev or Matt Roy to replace Hronek and play with Hughes next season and then trade Hronek for picks/prospects…

Hronek is not worth what he’s looking for. He’s provided nothing in the first three games of the postseason. Nothing. Zadorov, Myers, Cole and Soucy have proven more. I didn’t mention Cap because he’s the best defenseman in the game. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hronek is not worth what he’s looking for. He’s provided nothing in the first three games of the postseason. Nothing. Zadorov, Myers, Cole and Soucy have proven more. I didn’t mention Cap because he’s the best defenseman in the game. 

And completely disappeared, offensively, in the second half of the season

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I am always a bit " scared " to comment on trades and who we should keep. 

I don't get to watch the games so I can only go on peoples comments on this board.

From what I have gathered Hronek does seem to be a bit weak defensively.

We need a solid Defensive D- man to partner Hughes.

It seems like Lindholm is starting to play like we all hoped he would, and when it really matters. 

Players who elevate their game when it matters are the players you really want on your team.

If he keeps this up, it makes sense to prioritise keeping him and selling high on Hronek, getting assets for the future. 

So hope that Tom becomes that right hand puck moving D- man that can drive a second pairing, and play on the second PP unit.

I know that's a few years away but it's still within our window if we plan right.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Staying firm on their offer is the right move. I’m gonna guess they offered something around 6.5 long term.

His value has only decreased in the second half of the season.

For me, at this point, $6.5m is even a bit high.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1