[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Now a wee bit of negativity; Our highest paid player has to learn how to find his scoring touch, not only in this round, if we win it, but further on down the line.

Pettersson has to get going. Rick is reluctant to employ the 649 line because he wants two, out and out scoring lines, I get that.

I hear folks say; Petey needs to be a game changer. Well he's matured enough that he should have and be running his own line. Bark orders

on the ice and and on the bench. He's pretty silent, at least from what I see on TV. Can't see nothin watching the little snippets from practices.

He's fine on the powerplay, needs to be more aggressive five on five, IMO.

I predict Pete first star next game. 4-3 final. 3 point night for Petey. He's going to start taking advantage of mismatches. Book it! Nashville is pushing the ocean right now only to be swallowed by the wave. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I bought his practice worn hoodie. I'm going to burn it. (not really)

I didn't like him going for Garland. Maybe it's carry over from the mean girls period referred to earlier?

wasn't Garland daring him to punch him in the face? 

I might miss him more if JR/PA hadn't created such a solid d group for us. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

Josi played  over 30 min last game .

Forsberg, O'Reilly - over 25 min, McDonagh 25 min less 1 sec.

Is this sustainable?

This is what happens when you get behind in the game, you have to play those guys more trying to catch up. Being down 2-0 the preds had top press to get back in it.

The Canucks have scored first in a lot of games but that was the first time they did it this series. Get up on the Preds they dont have the firepower to come back very often without playing their stars to death and that will wear them out. The strategy for us is to get the lead and crush Josi at every opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm sure the players and Tocchet will be prepared for Nashville's desperate attempt at winning game four.

What kind of a sick pos films this instead of keeping the cat away from the owl? People are such crap. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

A bit understated is the fact that Nashville is riding their Top players hard. Gotta wonder if they will run out of gas soon, Canucks have been balancing the minutes well.

Noticed that too. Josi played over 30 minutes tonight. He’s a damn good player, but not sure if it’s sustainable going forward. 

Thankfully Tocchet is doing a good job of balancing minutes 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

wasn't Garland daring him to punch him in the face? 

Yes, I loved it.

Garland's so awesome.  And he was the one who skated between Schenn and Miller so maybe his loyalties weren't with Schenn.  Maybe the team wasn't all pointing a finger at Miller and some knew he was important to them. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

I meant Pettersson with his big, shiny new contract for next year; but I think you knew that..😅

In regards to JT; he's the best. 9️⃣

Funny thing is, the season prior to his big contract, many here/CDC were complaining about him, saying he's not worth it, and Nux should trade him before the contract starts.  

You make educated judgement in signing a guy long term, betting on his future performance.  Who knew JT would score more than 99 pts or more again. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What kind of a sick pos films this instead of keeping the cat away from the owl? People are such crap. 

I won't look based on your response.

I hate people when they'd rather TikTok than intervene in stuff. I can only imagine (but don't want an image that'll stick)

13 hours ago, Devron said:

Cause he played good but didn’t score so it’s kinda like meh to folks 

Devron...he is going to be a 11.6 million dollar player a year.........they can not be just OK

He did noting special off the powerplay........nothing!

Everybody want to make excuses for him.......he got a second assist........wow

11.6 Million dollar players need to be dominating......at least once every 3 playoff games....where was that? In any of the 3 games played so far?

Excuses............

• Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Devron...he is going to be a 11.6 million dollar player a year.........they can not be just OK

He did noting special off the powerplay........nothing!

Everybody want to make excuses for him.......he got a second assist........wow

11.6 Million dollar players need to be dominating......at least once every 3 playoff games....where was that? In any of the 3 games played so far?

Excuses............

Petey is 11.6 next season. He’s 7ish this year and is playing fine. We are winning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

A few good rushes, couple shot attempts, was active on the powerplay and was in on both goals but only the one assist. Solid shot block and some reverse hitting.

He elevated and tweaked his game noticeably from the first two games.

I think there is a segment of fans or users here who happily complain or rip the guy but don't follow that up with acknowledgement of good aspects of his game. The hate is honestly lame and counterproductive.

Really? He is a 11.6 million dollar player, Mike! Do you think he is playing like a 11.6 million dollar player? Or even a 8.0 million dollar player?

• Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is 11.6 next season. He’s 7ish this year and is playing fine. We are winning. 

That's the beauty of this team.

They're ALL able to contribute and lift others up when needed. 

Some teams rely on that one superstar....ours is currently off yet we have other players very capable of stepping up. And Petey IS doing things out there, even if the flashy dangles aren't there. He's trying.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The same type of people that that take selfies of themselves Rioting after a hockey game!    Any other questions?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Upvote 1