[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You have to go big picture though.

You consider what he HAS done (before he made the big bucks) and project what he's likely to do again.

To take a snippet when he's obviously "off" isn't fair. And his contract hasn't kicked in yet...time will tell. Just as people were wanting to write JT off down the road....let's see what happens.

Petey is his biggest critic and his mental game is likely his biggest hurdle. Experience will help with that.

Yes, he needs to do more.

And probably will.

I tell you Deb, I want to start seeing a lot more. I love when he is on, but man, a 11.6 million dollar player is not suppose to have so many "off" games.

But, I sure hope you are right!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Devron...he is going to be a 11.6 million dollar player a year.........they can not be just OK

He did noting special off the powerplay........nothing!

Everybody want to make excuses for him.......he got a second assist........wow

11.6 Million dollar players need to be dominating......at least once every 3 playoff games....where was that? In any of the 3 games played so far?

Excuses............

Listen, players don't always progress in a straight line. I don't think anyone is saying EP isn't struggling, it's fairly obvious. But ffs I'm tired of the wah wah wah. He has for the most part shown signs of being an elite player since his first Calder winning season. Heck, even the first half of this season the hockey world was dumping on the Canucks for not getting this extension done. Sucks he struggling right now but his contract isn't based on his last three months played. Give this time, it's not always straight lines. Can you figure out something less obvious to dump on than EP's struggles ffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is 11.6 next season. He’s 7ish this year and is playing fine. We are winning. 

yes, Alf, I know how much he is paid now, but his new contract is suppose to reflect his current play as well as his potential......because if his potential is paid off of his past play, well then, he has to pick up his socks! Because if you think there is a magic switch that he will use next year to magically become a driver of play......well, I sure you are right!

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The same people that Riot after a hockey game!    Any other questions?

This makes no sense. People can make a choice. Animals act on instinct. To put two animals into a staged fight scenario is beyond disgusting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Wow that was one hit how long ago? Lol I'm talking about the playoffs here,

Now... he's playing positionally awesome this year but he's still shy to hit. If he could learn to do what Z does we'd have the scariest D in history. I'm not trashing him either. It's just one part of his game he could step up. Where's the Myers from the Minni series (also years ago) 

Did you see what he did to Scissons for getting to close to our goalie in game 1?

Edited by MattJVD

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I tell you Deb, I want to start seeing a lot more. I love when he is on, but man, a 11.6 million dollar player is not suppose to have so many "off" games.

But, I sure hope you are right!

Petey needs someone like Hyman with him, a bigger player that can help create space thats also dangerous. 

Yes I know, but 11.6 mil, but even Mcbaby has help. 

I love Hogs but he's not there yet. He's still trying to figure his game out this series, and Mik (who I like) doesn't have the burning speed he had pre-injury. 

It looks to me like Tocc is willing to move Petey around from line to line more now, so maybe thats how we get more out of Petey because moving him around makes it harder to game plan him. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

yes, Alf, I know how much he is paid now, but his new contract is suppose to reflect his current play as well as his potential......because if his potential is paid off of his past play, well then, he has to pick up his socks! Because if you think there is a magic switch that he will use next year to magically become a driver of play......well, I sure you are right!

We are winning and Petey is contributing. Them’s the facts. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I won't look based on your response.

I hate people when they'd rather TikTok than intervene in stuff. I can only imagine (but don't want an image that'll stick)

it's honestly nothing, deb. no animals were harmed in the filming of the clip. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Listen, players don't always progress in a straight line. I don't think anyone is saying EP isn't struggling, it's fairly obvious. But ffs I'm tired of the wah wah wah. He has for the most part shown signs of being an elite player since his first Calder winning season. Heck, even the first half of this season the hockey world was dumping on the Canucks for not getting this extension done. Sucks he struggling right now but his contract isn't based on his last three months played. Give this time, it's not always straight lines. Can you figure out something less obvious to dump on than EP's struggles ffs.

Rekker, there is no one more hoping for Pettersson to come out of this funk and play to his potential, than me. I have been a Canuck fan since their inception, I want Pettersson to play lights out. I have a hockey back ground and have also played for  60 years....sad as that is! I know what skill is, and I have never argued Pettersson does not have elite skill. But saying that, you have to use that skill to your pay grade, and if you expect to be paid 11.6, you had better bloody play like you do. That is not whining on my part, that is honest observation. That is where I am coming from.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Petey needs someone like Hyman with him, a bigger player that can help create space thats also dangerous. 

I love Hogs but he's not there yet. He's still trying to figure his game out this series, and Mik (who I like) doesn't have the burning speed he had pre-injury. 

It looks to me like Tocc is willing to move Petey around from line to line more now, so maybe thats how we get more out of Petey because moving him around makes it harder to game plan him. 

FK.....I hope you are right, Bob! I hope you are right! 🍺

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

Rekker, there is no one more hoping for Pettersson to come out of this funk and play to his potential, than me. I have been a Canuck fan since their inception, I want Pettersson to play lights out. I have a hockey back ground and have also played for  60 years....sad as that is! I know what skill is, and I have never argued Pettersson does not have elite skill. But saying that, you have to use that skill to your pay grade, and if you expect to be paid 11.6, you had better bloody play like you do. That is not whining on my part, that is honest observation. That is where I am coming from.

Petey isn’t on 11.6. The fact is he’s just over 7. He’s playing fine and we are winning. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties. 

7 minutes ago, tas said:

it's honestly nothing, deb. no animals were harmed in the filming of the clip. 

It’s friggin’ disgusting that a person would film animals in this scenario instead of keeping the cat away. And it’s highly likely that owl was injured. It’s a disgusting video made by a disgusting person. Animals aren’t toys. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Petey isn’t on 11.6. The fact is he’s just over 7. He’s playing fine and we are winning. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties. 

So, honestly Alf. If he plays like this next year in the playoffs, you will be fine with that, hey? It is just this year, because, you know, he is only making 7.35, so he does not have to play like a 11.6 player......so you are good with that?

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, some need shots to score and to see success. But that's only part of the story.

Pathetic? OK, what about only scoring ONE goal and losing despite a kazillion shots? Is that better?

The last team to win a playoff game with only 12 shots was the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2017. They beat (history loves irony) the Nashville Predators and Pekka Rinne. 

Oh, and who won the Cup that year??? The Penguins.

Pathetic indeed….

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This makes no sense. People can make a choice. Animals act on instinct. To put two animals into a staged fight scenario is beyond disgusting. 

I agree!   That is the problem with the "Tick-Tock" generation.  They all believe 15 seconds of fame and number of views makes them "whole" persons & popular.

Completely distorted view of reality and so glad I never grew up and lived my life in that shallow world of distortion and shallow humanity.   

Good luck to them all because for those old enough, you can clearly see where things are headed for society!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I won't look based on your response.

I hate people when they'd rather TikTok than intervene in stuff. I can only imagine (but don't want an image that'll stick)

It's safe to watch. No nasty outcome but just what could've happened

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

At this point it would be nice to see Podz on Peteys wing.

At least just to add some heft to that line.

Maybe Podz, Petey, Hogz could cause some damage?

I’d say Mik but he has lost all offensive ability it seems.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

So, honestly Alf. If he plays like this next year in the playoffs, you will be fine with that, hey? It is just this year, because, you know, he is only making 7.35, so he does not have to play like a 11.6 player......so you are good with that?

I agree EP looks ordinary so far in the playoffs.  BUT Like some others have mentioned, EP needs to gel with a winger.  Like Miller and Boeser combo.

Hogz is good but I seem him more like a Garland type of winger.  Good in the corners and can stick handle in a broom closet.

Confident management will address that in the offseason.  They were looking at Guentzel but the price tag was too high.  Maybe they can sign him in the summer.  Need to trade some bodies out to make room.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Devron...he is going to be a 11.6 million dollar player a year.........they can not be just OK

He did noting special off the powerplay........nothing!

Everybody want to make excuses for him.......he got a second assist........wow

11.6 Million dollar players need to be dominating......at least once every 3 playoff games....where was that? In any of the 3 games played so far?

Excuses............

No excuses. He sucked in the first 2 games and played solid this last game. The PP assist is nothing burger

I’m just not crying about it like a lot of folk. Winning is what matters to me and I know he’ll find his game. I’m just glad there’s no more contract stuff for him because same thing happened to him last time is contract was up 

I just enjoy watching hockey and am real about what I saw last game 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! It’s fun to win. But it takes sacrifice to win enough to be a top club. And there are some players who just find it too uncomfortable to make those needed sacrifices because it’s not fun to them. Miller leads the group into the battle and it isn’t comfortable. But that’s what it takes to win. There are some players who refuse to be uncomfortable. JR/PA move those guys out. Then there are players who do even better when pushed out of their comfort zone. JR/PA bring those guys in. Miller, and guys like him, are hugely important in getting players to move into that uncomfortable area where winning happens. 

It's no longer a country club anymore... Miller is a big part of the reason why it's not.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 2