[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I dunno, I feel like the Canucks have drawn a line in the sand here.  He simply has not played like a top line dman in the second half.  

It’s not a bad thing. If we scored 70 points like his pace indicated we’d be in trouble. I think they find common ground. Lots of recent signings will help with that too. He’s not getting 8 million AAV from anyone 

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

That the kicker because he is and probably long term. But everyone is allowed to voice their dreams 

Just like me. Never said they weren't. You don't have to like what I say. Happy Hronek all day long.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just like me. Never said they weren't. You don't have to like what I say. Happy Hronek all day long.

Happy Hronek. I was just enjoying the laugh with you 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Played great structurally but as you said, you can't ignore moving it up the ice. I dunno why the team thinks it's more advantageous to give away possession and then change vs holding possession in their end and then changing. 

Possible theory, if you change when Pred has the puck, you lose structure.  If you want to pressure, you need to do it at the start of the shift and cycle it and force the Pred to be on heel and then being forced to change due to their time in defensive zone.   You don't want to have any breakdown in the neutral zone.

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s not a bad thing. If we scored 70 points like his pace indicated we’d be in trouble. I think they find common ground. Lots of recent signings will help with that too. He’s not getting 8 million AAV from anyone 

I mean, ideally, he takes $6m for two years to prove he's worth a big money deal, but that'll never hapoen

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I dunno, I feel like the Canucks have drawn a line in the sand here.  He simply has not played like a top line dman in the second half.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

63FFE88C-F02B-4AE7-A6BC-6E18F4F063F1.gif.ee2779b99a4edba666441d48b286e778.gif

christmas books GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

I mean, ideally, he takes $6m for two years to prove he's worth a big money deal, but that'll never hapoen

Probably not. But not a bad gamble for him he’d be 28 and a UFA 

Just now, Baratheon said:

All this contract talk is offseason stuff!  We’re in the playoffs right now.  A month from now a players’ position could be completely different than it currently is.  

We won the game!

Confused What Am I Doing GIF by MCDM

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

All this contract talk is offseason stuff!  We’re in the playoffs right now.  A month from now a players’ position could be completely different than it currently is.  

Good point sorry for getting pulled into that talk.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Probably not. But not a bad gamble for him he’d be 28 and a UFA 

It would take him to UFA and he'd have total control, I agree.  But he can just go to arbitration, get his one year deal and then ufa, so it's just wishful thinking 

• ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He wasn't on the first pp unit first 2 games - Garland was.  Lindholm replaced the elf

Regardless, it took way too long. Lindholm is the best choice as many have been calling for. You score more on the PP if you win more draws.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The likely Vezina winner has allowed 14 goals in three games…

This Jets/Avs series is not what I expected at all.

It's about what I expected.  The Avs have always been the team to beat, imo

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The likely Vezina winner has allowed 14 goals in three games…

This Jets/Avs series is not what I expected at all.

Jets falling apart.  The more playoff experienced team Avs, VGK are showing their strength.

ugly win but a win is a win.. they need to figure out how to play offence and get some shots on net.. i'm willing to bet we are in the top 3 for the fewest shots on net for the first 3 games.. i think the fewest shots on goal in a series is like 61 in a 4 game sweep.. i dunno what kind of adjustments are being made on our end but we are getting fewer and fewer shots on goal each game.. game 1 20 game 2 18 game 3 12.. we are fortunate to be leading the series and we need some serious adjustment for game 4 so we can go home up 3-1