[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

my thoughts on Petey's play:

He has been checked VERY tightly for the past few games. Last night was the first time in a while that he's started to have a little bit of room to operate. As our other players start to score, they'll shift their focus away from Petey and thus give him some time/room, then watch out for SUUUUUPPPPERRRR PETEY  to take over the game. 

image.gif.53ec4db0bac0815019b708a6dbd4dbe1.gif

Edited by Kragar

3 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

I appreciate your 'correction'; I am just probably a lot older than you and was thinking of earlier times.

It looks like a real good time to sit with the building full of fans (no Hab or Laff fans) and share the emotions etc.

Ugh, you know they would be there if we were playing one  of those teams, though.

• ThereItIs 1

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

On live tv, after a game?  Cmon, let's be realistic and honest 

So the f what. And shouldn't you actually be calling out Luke Schenn for that incident?  It was Luke that initiated it "on live TV".  He could have waited until they were in the dressing room.  Good thing we got rid of that shit disturber Schenn, eh?

The scant number of times Miller showed a little too much emotion in 5 years as a Canuck is laughable to bring up.  Before Tocchet, and even more ridiculous now.

I, and I think most fans, were very happy to see an actual Canuck show emotion on the ice after years of pablum leadership.

The only aspect of Miller's emotions harming the team was in skating back to defend after he or a teammate lost the puck. Which I suspect this was about.  Miller revealed that those incidents were also directly related to his own inner emotions because he was beating himself up about his flub, and down about the puck going the other way, instead of immediately re-focusing on defence and skating hard back.  He's learned since how to deal with that. 

The Miller "scandal" was almost completely a media created drama to sell papers (or clicks).  Because the Canucks were not known for showing any passion, win or lose, it was a shocking change to see a Canuck caring so damn much about winning.  This was something to talk about the next day on the radio. Using the good old FOX News tactic:  "We are only asking the question, but does Miller have a big problem?"  "Was signing Miller a mistake?" etc.

And like FOX News, they know that they will have a loud vocal minorty of people that will follow along down the rabbit hole any kind of controversial, or negative story.  And they will answer those questions with..."OMG...YES!!!" 

One of the dumbest, blown out of proportion "scandals" to ever stain our screens.  And dumber to fall for it.

After this happened the worst of the tabloid hucksters Elliot Friedman gleefully pronounced:

“I think one thing that’s going to be pulled apart is what happened at the end of the second period. And that was when Luke Schenn and JT Miller...” 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/canucks-miller-schenn-appear-confrontation-periods/

Elliot and the lowest local media scum like Sekeres took up the torch to see just how far and wide they could create chaos.  Sad how some fans fell for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

16 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So the f what. And shouldn't you actually be calling out Luke Schenn for that incident?  It was Luke that initiated it "on live TV".  He could have waited until they were in the dressing room.  Good thing we got rid of that shit disturber Schenn, eh?

The scant number of times Miller showed a little too much emotion in 5 years as a Canuck is laughable to bring up.  Before Tocchet, and even more ridiculous now.

I, and I think most fans, were very happy to see an actual Canuck show emotion on the ice after years of pablum leadership.

The only aspect of Miller's emotions harming the team was in skating back to defend after he or a teammate lost the puck. Which I suspect this was about.  Miller revealed that those incidents were also directly related to his own inner emotions because he was beating himself up about his flub, and down about the puck going the other way, instead of immediately re-focusing on defence and skating hard back.  He's learned since how to deal with that. 

The Miller "scandal" was almost completely a media created drama to sell papers (or clicks).  Because the Canucks were not known for showing any passion, win or lose, it was a shocking change to see a Canuck caring so damn much about winning.  This was something to talk about the next day on the radio. Using the good old FOX News tactic:  "We are only asking the question, but does Miller have a big problem?"  "Was signing Miller a mistake?" etc.

And like FOX News, they know that they will have a loud vocal minorty of people that will follow along down the rabbit hole any kind of controversial, or negative story.  And they will answer those questions with..."OMG...YES!!!" 

One of the dumbest, blown out of proportion "scandals" to ever stain our screens.  And dumber to fall for it.

After this happened the worst of the tabloid hucksters Elliot Friedman gleefully pronounced:

“I think one thing that’s going to be pulled apart is what happened at the end of the second period. And that was when Luke Schenn and JT Miller...” 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/canucks-miller-schenn-appear-confrontation-periods/

Elliot and the lowest local media scum like Sekeres took up the torch to see just how far and wide they could create chaos.  Sad how some fans fell for it.

I didn't bring it up, I was responding to someone else who did.  Nonetheless, you don't control what I discuss on here anyway.

My opinion on miller hasn't changed........when things are going good, hes great, when they're not he's a negative presence.  

8 hours ago, tas said:

not everybody can afford the streaming package, so there's no judgment there, but trying to form an opinion or analysis based on things you read here is like asking a person that's both drunk and illiterate to summarize a book for you. 

Actually the best explanation I've ever read... It all depends on the eyes that sees....

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didn't bring it up, I was responding to someone else who did.  Nonetheless, you don't control what I discuss on here anyway.

My opinion on miller hasn't changed........when things are going good, hes great, when they're not he's a negative presence.  

Yeah, I know.  Friedman and Sekeres are way ahead of me on that.

54 minutes ago, Gurn said:

And there are people bitching about the bitching

Heck there are even a few of us bitching about the bitching of the bitching.

8o92z4.jpg.0735b09568b091f3e2cd9615abc3bae5.jpg

Meta level is now bitching, about the bitching, of the bitching about the bitching, of the bitching.

440979166_10160881883065549_381716527649

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd almost just have Podz and Mik with Petey since those 2 have some decent size.  Then move Hogs back to the 4th line to feast on Nashville's bottom part of their roster.

I like the idea of Hogs on line 4, but I can't help but think a big reason that Petey is so cold is because Mik is the grim reaper of offense.

2 hours ago, Devron said:

How bout them Canucks? 

Setting records and winning 

Great game. DeSmith got it done! Happy for him. Hard fought battle. 

Up 2-1. Doing the impossible. Disrupting the narrative!

Good team. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

When I was in my later teens and playing high level hockey and baseball, I was a lot like Miller and my will to win just made my teammates miserable and play worse.  The true road to success in a team sport is chemistry and cohesion.  One player can't carry a team

Lol, I’ll go tell my middle blocker (top 5 in BC at 15U girls volleyball) that she’s not carrying our team by scoring majority of our points lol

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I like the idea of Hogs on line 4, but I can't help but think a big reason that Petey is so cold is because Mik is the grim reaper of offense.

Yeah, but I feel we need either that line or the 4th line to contribute.  If Petey's line isn't gonna do it, then maybe Hogs can take advantage as the 4th line

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JIAHN said:

So, honestly Alf. If he plays like this next year in the playoffs, you will be fine with that, hey? It is just this year, because, you know, he is only making 7.35, so he does not have to play like a 11.6 player......so you are good with that?

I don’t share your concern about Petey. If you look at his overall production with the Canucks, he’s well worth his new contract. He’s just going through some rough patch. Practically every star player has these periods in their career. Yes, he’s currently not producing to his contract level points wise. But that will come back, I have no doubt about it. This last game showed that he’s still contributing to the overall team success in other ways.

• Cheers 3