[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

4 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Man Colorado looks good. I agree with Bieksa, Makar is the best d in the game. Just as good as Hughes offensively and skating wise, but can also hit and play physical and better defensively. Still think Hughes wins the Norris this year tho. Hoping Hughes also heard what was said and it lights a fire under him tonight. 

Makar is probably the better defensemen, but Hughes had the better season imho. Hughes = Norris.

• Cheers 1

I was worried about this series because I felt the pressure of expectations might be too much for the inexperienced on this team.  But now... 3 sting goalie!!  Few will give us a chance now.  

I THINK WE'LL PLAY BETTER. 

Silovs has that 'it' factor... He's shown (all be it lower levels) to thrive off of pressure.  I'm excited! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Run their goalie! 

And back the fuck over him afterwards just to make sure!

GO CANUCKS GO! WIN THIS GAME!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Makar is probably the better defensemen, but Hughes had the better season imho. Hughes = Norris.

This is spot on. Unless you are a hopeless Canuck homer it’s pretty clear that Makar is overall the better D-man. Could this change in the future in favour of Hughes, maybe….but it’s doubtful he’ll ever have the physical profile of Makar.

But you are damned right that Hughes had the better past season and should be hoisting the Norris.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Man Colorado looks good. I agree with Bieksa, Makar is the best d in the game. Just as good as Hughes offensively and skating wise, but can also hit and play physical and better defensively. Still think Hughes wins the Norris this year tho. Hoping Hughes also heard what was said and it lights a fire under him tonight. 

Hughes is better defensively because he passes the puck to move it up the ice whereas Makar skates the puck up the ice. Hughes is in better defensive position because of this difference in their game. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

This is spot on. Unless you are a hopeless Canuck homer it’s pretty clear that Makar is overall the better D-man. Could this change in the future in favour of Hughes, maybe….but it’s doubtful he’ll ever have the physical profile of Makar.

But you are damned right that Hughes had the better past season and should be hoisting the Norris.

Actually the plus minus shows Hughes is far superior defensively, and so does the eye test. 

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

The race isn't Hughes and Makar, it's hughes and josi 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, looks like we're gonna have to go back to goalie tandem era. Split games evenly to reduce getting hurt.

New age shit - run 3 goalies on the roster

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is better defensively because he passes the puck to move it up the ice whereas Makar skates the puck up the ice. Hughes is in better defensive position because of this difference in their game. 

They say Hughes is more important to his team with his contribution than maker is to his. Him being buried behind the plethora of other stars. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, gwarrior said:

Not injured because of the hit he took? BULLSHIT!!!!!!! one of our guys better run saros over!!!!!!!! Kill that sum bitch!!!!! 

Seems to be from a slash to the hand he took later in the game but nothing confirmed.