[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is better defensively because he passes the puck to move it up the ice whereas Makar skates the puck up the ice. Hughes is in better defensive position because of this difference in their game. 

Speaking of homers, lol.

I love Hughes as much as anyone, but when Bieksa (who probably goes to bed wearing his Canuck underoos) says Makar is the best D in the league when he’s at the top of his game, well that speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Speaking of homers, lol.

I love Hughes as much as anyone, but when Bieksa (who probably goes to bed wearing his Canuck underoos) says Makar is the best D in the league when he’s at the top of his game, well that speaks volumes.

Big Z said Josi is the best.  No wonder he pounded him whenever he can. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Dhaliwal said lower body 

I remember that 2004 series. Cloutier ripped his ankle apart in I want to say game 3? Hedberg came in and got the win. But then he got shelled in game 4 and Alex Auld played the rest of the way. Canucks got ok goaltending that series, but Kipper was outstanding, and so was Iginla and that was the difference. 

I think another consideration in the decision to start Silovs is simply load management of deSmith.  Without having to say anything negative to him or about him, this is the perfect reason to let him sit for a game.  We saw in the regular season that deSmith is a very capable backup but that he falters a bit when having too much workload.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Big Z said Josi is the best.  No wonder he pounded him whenever he can. 

No way I’d want Josi rather than Makar OR Hughes. Big Z just wants to hit Josi because he’s Big Z. 😄

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Speaking of homers, lol.

He's trying to be pc.

We all know it's Hughes.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ha Ha very funny. I think Toc is simply taking a chance with a fresher goalie. I'm sure DeSmith could / and should, play. Guess we find out in 3.5 hours..

Serious or not it's a good time to get a game for Silovs. We'll need to prepare both goalies for if we move on. 

Edited by Inkidu

13 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Not injured because of the hit he took? BULLSHIT!!!!!!! one of our guys better run saros over!!!!!!!! Kill that sum bitch!!!!! 

A get a penalty that puts the momentum in favour of Nashville like that penalty did for Van.  No better way to make them pay than scoring a goal

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They always put the Miller line second, why? Pretty obvious it's the top. Oh! I get it. It's based on salaries..😝

The lines don't matter.  JT still gets paid more now.