[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

Elliotte saying that was weird and you never see it. (The gang up on Petey)

Except Nashville, where God knows what happens in them there hills and back woods.

Have some respect for the game. You scored...go celebrate and f off.

• Cheers 2

Did anyone see the scowl on Mrs. Petey's face when they panned to his parents? She did not look pleased at all. C'mon Petey, do it for Mom. 

In all seriousness, if there's a way the Canucks can trade Petey in the off season, I think they need to consider that. This is his time to shine in the playoffs. He's been whining about wanting to be on a winner and be in the playoffs. Well, here you are Elias. Do something. Even if he's trying, that's sad. 

Canucks need to fire more big shots from the point. Let the Preds block, bang 'em up. Eventually one will go in.  

Just now, -dlc- said:

Elliotte saying that was weird and you never see it.

Except Nashville, where God knows what happens in them hills and back woods.

seemed like he was also referring to no one doing anything about it, that has me worried.

Why do I get the feeling that if the Canucks were to target and rough up Nashvilles stars as much as the preds are doing to the Canucks stars that the Canucks would be getting tons of penalties that Nashville is not getting?. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

So to those comparing McDavid....would he get a call here? I'm certain he would.

During a goal celebration as he's minding his own business?

440847446_10160883561265549_395667295888

I can't see the justification for no call there. Right in front of the ref, clearly looking at Petey then throws a check. Petey not playing great but the stripes allowing some serious liberties to be taken against him. Reminds me of the Sedins in being a star but never getting star treatment from the league.

• Thanks 1

Preds going super physical in the first, and refs have put their whistles away. We got our one second power play, as did Nashville. Game four, and we still haven’t had more PPs in a game than the Preds. They must be a pretty clean team over there.

Hughes looked more winded than ribs (hopeful thinking maybe) 

Petey is trying too hard. First goal was because he went out of position trying to get the puck. He needs to trust the system and his teammates. The system will create opportunities for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Did anyone see the scowl on Mrs. Petey's face when they panned to his parents? She did not look pleased at all. C'mon Petey, do it for Mom. 

In all seriousness, if there's a way the Canucks can trade Petey in the off season, I think they need to consider that. This is his time to shine in the playoffs. He's been whining about wanting to be on a winner and be in the playoffs. Well, here you are Elias. Do something. Even if he's trying, that's sad. 

Canucks need to fire more big shots from the point. Let the Preds block, bang 'em up. Eventually one will go in.  

What could we even get for him? There’s no secrets in this league. 31 other teams have seen how his play since the all star break has been. 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Except Nashville, where God knows what happens in them there hills and back woods.

So you've never been there once eh lol

Should be called unsportsmanlike conduct 

1 minute ago, NZCanuck said:

I can't see the justification for no call there. Right in front of the ref, clearly looking at Petey then throws a check. Petey not playing great but the stripes allowing some serious liberties to be taken against him. Reminds me of the Sedins in being a star but never getting star treatment from the league.

Agreed , the lineman looked directly at the ref like “you gonna call this??”

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

For Fuck Sakes, Leave Quinn alone!

image.gif.8552d0c65d61fdbe6b71c3a75ed0b0e2.gif

If this logic is true then Q needs a big boy protective Dpartner. Someone who can crack skulls. I didn't like the take but since this take was made NSH has been going after Quinn. Wonder if this sparked their physical targetting.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Why do I get the feeling that if the Canucks were to target and rough up Nashvilles stars as much as the preds are doing to the Canucks stars that the Canucks would be getting tons of penalties that Nashville is not getting?. 

Hate to say it but you take out a Josi, ROR or Forsberg and NSH becomes a much weaker team very quickly. Tit for tat.

• Thanks 1

Big Z's the guy.

He's already started the process...that last chance he had.

Definitely. 

Zad The Impaler is certainly giving no quarter to any Pred and flying coast to coast. 

Even more impressive for a guy his size. 

• Like 1

BTW, I've been hit in the face with a puck that ramped up my stick....twice....both times off the cheek bone....

At first you're stunned. Ears ringing...the whole nine yards....but....both times I was able to keep playing after a couple of shifts. Once I had to get a butterfly bandage and the other time, I just had to clear the cobwebs....

Long story short: Those usually look worse than they are.

OTOH, I've also taken two straight to the face off slap shots. Different story on those. Lots of stitches and wasn't able to come back out for either of those game....

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Good start, then Nashville started to take the game to the alley.

Playing in their end is going to be even more important.

They took it to the alley cause their Mom refs are drinking in the saloon and didn't notice they were gone.

• Haha 2