[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Elliotte saying that was weird and you never see it. (The gang up on Petey)

Except Nashville, where God knows what happens in them there hills and back woods.

Have some respect for the game. You scored...go celebrate and f off.

Deliverance GIF

• Thanks 1

Here is a delusional dream:

1) Is there anything in the CBA that says -> "only a player can play in a game" and "a Player is defined as -> ,insert definition>"

Does anyone know, point 2 afterwards in a bit

Edited by Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Did anyone see the scowl on Mrs. Petey's face when they panned to his parents? She did not look pleased at all. C'mon Petey, do it for Mom. 

In all seriousness, if there's a way the Canucks can trade Petey in the off season, I think they need to consider that. This is his time to shine in the playoffs. He's been whining about wanting to be on a winner and be in the playoffs. Well, here you are Elias. Do something. Even if he's trying, that's sad. 

Canucks need to fire more big shots from the point. Let the Preds block, bang 'em up. Eventually one will go in.  

That’s what pisses me off the most about Petey. He’s been whining about wanting to be on a winner forever then signs a huge contract and has been the worst player on the ice almost every game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

BTW, I've been hit in the face with a puck that ramped up my stick....twice....both times off the cheek bone....

At first you're stunned. Ears ringing...the whole nine yards....but....both times I was able to keep playing after a couple of shifts. Once I had to get a butterfly bandage and the other time, I just had to clear the cobwebs....

Long story short: Those usually look worse than they are.

OTOH, I've also taken two straight to the face off slap shots. Different story on those. Lots of stitches and wasn't able to come back out for either of those game....

I've flung pucks at players and they've bounced off their heads/faces. I don't think it hurt that much.

(true story)

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Why do I get the feeling that if the Canucks were to target and rough up Nashvilles stars as much as the preds are doing to the Canucks stars that the Canucks would be getting tons of penalties that Nashville is not getting?. 

Goes without saying. That’s why they hesitate to retaliate. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Next hard hit on QH, clean or not, should result in targeting Forsberg. You have to fight fire with fire, especially when it starts to decimate your roster in the playoffs. Target their stars, they will get the hint.

Yup I'm about ready for them to chip it in just to run the guy through the end wall.

Need more physicality here, or else more possession in their zone, more we keep their forecheck from running us the better.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

They took it to the alley cause their Mom refs are drinking in the saloon and didn't notice they were gone.

The Preds have been clowning some of our players. We definitely need someone to knock some sense into them or we need to blow them out. A win is key but nsh is definitely fighting dirty. They are going to have a tough game 5 in Vancouver tho. The crowd will energize the team. They know they are outmatched and are trying to do cheap shots to get the w.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Zadorov and Myers need to fuck Saros right up and crush Josi. Fire with fire. No mercy. 

You have to wait for the opportunity and lower the boom.  Can't start running around looking to hit people.   

11 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Maybe it’s just my imagination but it feels like they have toned down their physicality a bit, I can’t help but wonder part of their plan to get more shots on goal is to take less penalties and taking less penalties in their mind means being less physical. 

They're definitely passing up on hits now. 

Not a good trend because Nashville's breakouts are looking extremely easy to do.

3 minutes ago, Rush said:

If this logic is true then Q needs a big boy protective Dpartner. Someone who can crack skulls. I didn't like the take but since this take was made NSH has been going after Quinn. Wonder if this sparked their physical targetting.

Quinn just isn't used to having such little time. Playoffs it's almost as the game gets quicker and the rink shrinks by a few inches. 

Quinn has to fight through it and learn to play even quicker. He will figure it out.

Just now, luckylager said:

In game or during last?

Last game he got slashed on the blocker hand. They showed his finger was nic'd up. They said it's a hand injury now. Apparently he practiced ok yesterday but I think it might have been that play.

• Thanks 1