[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

If the NHL really want to protect their own star even if it's not their favorites, they ought to make those type of call to deter the teams from targeting the star players in a dirty way, or unsportsmanlike conduct, they need to start call those to cut the crap  out of the game or they lose the control of the game quickly.  You do not want any thuggery in the game like 70's anymore.  The minute you let those, the other teams will copy those style quickly where we tried to get this type out of the game and the league allowed this with their non-favorite team like Canucks and it will be their own fault if 70's style ever creeps back in at any point in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, I've been hit in the face with a puck that ramped up my stick....twice....both times off the cheek bone....

At first you're stunned. Ears ringing...the whole nine yards....but....both times I was able to keep playing after a couple of shifts. Once I had to get a butterfly bandage and the other time, I just had to clear the cobwebs....

Long story short: Those usually look worse than they are.

OTOH, I've also taken two straight to the face off slap shots. Different story on those. Lots of stitches and wasn't able to come back out for either of those game....

Lol I hated that… always checking for the teeth after… 

1 minute ago, Rush said:

The Preds have been clowning some of our players. We definitely need someone to knock some sense into them or we need to blow them out. A win is key but nsh is definitely fighting dirty. They are going to have a tough game 5 in Vancouver tho. The crowd will energize the team. They know they are outmatched and are trying to do cheap shots to get the w.

Cant think of game 5 . Focus 1 shift at a time. 

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, I've been hit in the face with a puck that ramped up my stick....twice....both times off the cheek bone....

At first you're stunned. Ears ringing...the whole nine yards....but....both times I was able to keep playing after a couple of shifts. Once I had to get a butterfly bandage and the other time, I just had to clear the cobwebs....

Long story short: Those usually look worse than they are.

OTOH, I've also taken two straight to the face off slap shots. Different story on those. Lots of stitches and wasn't able to come back out for either of those game....

Post double wrote…

Edited by Northern_Nuck

4 minutes ago, Rush said:

If this logic is true then Q needs a big boy protective Dpartner. Someone who can crack skulls. I didn't like the take but since this take was made NSH has been going after Quinn. Wonder if this sparked their physical targetting.

well said, Big Z is probably ready to let loose..

Just now, luckylager said:

Forsberg needs some love too.

Silovs is holding his own. Hopefully he gets some offensive support from the boys this afternoon. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup I'm about ready for them to chip it in just to run the guy through the end wall.

Need more physicality here, or else more possession in their zone, more we keep their forecheck from running us the better.

exactly, dump and let Joshua hunt them down. Hell, let Zaddy carry the ply up ice and follow through at the end boards. We may take a few penalties but if we can wear on them and create some lingering physical issues it’ll be worth it over the long haul. We have 3 more rounds after this…I was at game 7 against BOS…this team will be in worse physical shape than that squad if we can’t control the physical tone 

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I've flung pucks at players and they've bounced off their heads/faces. I don't think it hurt that much.

(true story)

Challenge accepted, I will fling a puck at your face or your second and we will how it goes. Dodging is acceptable. You can have the second fling.

My second will contact your second to work out the details ... who is your second?

😆🤪

Edited by Rocket-68