[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That is one terribly put up temporary fence…not bolted to the ground…I could lift that up and walk under it

If anything that fence is more dangerous than the statue…because you know people will try to get under or over it and still find a way to hurt themselves.

Sometimes natural selection needs to take its place…

Plus, anyone who sees it happen gets a free laugh.

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That is one terribly put up temporary fence…not bolted to the ground…I could lift that up and walk under it

If anything that fence is more dangerous than the statue…because you know people will try to get under or over it and still find a way to hurt themselves.

Sometimes natural selection needs to take its place…

but is it enough for them to absolve themselves of any legal responsibility should some moron accidentally maim himself? I suspect that's the primary (only real) concern. 

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Honestly I'd think some dogs would be better drivers than a lot of humans.

Dogs are definitely better people than most humans, that’s for sure. Dogs and horses. Most humans can take a walk. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think the flu has been affecting the Canucks the last few days culminating in their trouble pushing the pace in game 3.

I predict it will start affecting NAS tomorrow night and the Preds will have their worst game of the series in game 5.

If Canucks win tomorrow, I predict the series will be over in 5.

Is there any official word that a flu is going around?

That'd be even more impressive that with the flu, no demko, still up 2-1 

Feels like a good time to apologize to Myers. I give him a hard time. But he played one hell of a game last game. He played more than Huggy. But I also imagine that had a lot to do with the 5 PKs we had. But still. Myers was great, Zadorov was great for the 3rd straight game imo. I am really not as worried about Demko's absence as others. At least for this round. I am excited for game 4. Lets quiet their barn again.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dogs are definitely better people than most humans, that’s for sure. Dogs and horses. Most humans can take a walk. 

Horses are awesome too. I envy folks that get to have them as part of their daily lives.

Well maybe not the shoveling part, but the rest.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Horses are awesome too. I envy folks that get to have them as part of their daily lives.

The shovelling part and the picking up after your dog might be that bad parts. But Dogs and Horses far more make up for it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Is there any official word that a flu is going around?

That'd be even more impressive that with the flu, no demko, still up 2-1 

When go clubs ever say publicly they have injuries or give excuses like the flu? Absolutely our guys have the flu bug. But they won’t say they do. Or use that as an excuse. 

Heck I've met a camel in a petting zoo. Scratched him under his chin, and he looked like he was the happiest camel in the world. He would smile, rear his head, than put his chin on my hand. My girlfriend at the time said. "I honestly can't decide on laughing or being jealous of the camel..." Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biggest game of the year, go up 3-1 and we'll play with our swagger to close it out at home. Lose and it's anyone's series.

Would be nice to play more aggressively, more forecheck and not defend and dump pucks all period long - that's hard to watch and rarely works. We're lucky the Preds don't have many offensive weapons and got away with it in the last game but can't keep that up. 

You know shots will be an issue again so our key is the PP and PK yet again. Would be nice to see our middle 6 stronger 5 on 5 though. Most importantly, Saros is very beatable this series and he and DeSmith are pretty much a wash right now.

Predicting a 3-1 win, Petey with two massive goals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Spent so many years on my horses. Cash served me the longest-20 years. Old Alf is tearing up. Time for more scotch. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Biggest game of the year, go up 3-1 and we'll play with our swagger to close it out at home. Lose and it's anyone's series.

Would be nice to play more aggressively, more forecheck and not defend and dump pucks all period long - that's hard to watch and rarely works. We're lucky the Preds don't have many offensive weapons and got away with it in the last game but can't keep that up. 

You know shots will be an issue again so our key is the PP and PK yet again. Would be nice to see our middle 6 stronger 5 on 5 though. Most importantly, Saros is very beatable this series and he and DeSmith are pretty much a wash right now.

Predicting a 3-1 win, Petey with two massive goals.

Can you imagine how insane Rogers Arena will be if the Canucks are up 3-1.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I've got three girls....not a hockey fan amongst them.....(although they know I am one and buy me Canuck stuff every Christmas and birthday)

I remember the night that Matt Cooke scored with 5 seconds left to tie game seven against the Flames....I had just put them to bed, so I did the quietest possible "YES!" while jumping out of my seat and pumping my fist in the air.....

A few minutes later go to check on them and they're wide awake, with huge grins on their faces.....

Great story. Love that 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Heck I've met a camel in a petting zoo. Scratched him under his chin, and he looked like he was the happiest camel in the world. He would smile, rear his head, than put his chin on my hand. My girlfriend at the time said. "I honestly can't decide on laughing or being jealous of the camel..." Haha.

Must've been a Wednesday....

image.gif.c3b86d2ce61754b0d61d9feeb30688df.gif

• Haha 2