[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

19 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

lol at Nylander telling Marner to “stop f***ing crying bro, this isn’t f***in junior”

Haha even Kelly Hrudey the nicest man on the planet gave it to him on the intermission panel. I was sticking up for Marner the past few games... I am no longer doing that. 

It's never been great in leaf land, but now its become a complete train wreck. 

8 hours ago, Bob Long said:

But Calgary fleeced us. Fleeced. FLEECED!!!

And some people wanted Tanev; we'd be down 0-3 if we even made the playoffs with Tanev probably sitting out injured and no Big Z to lay down The Law.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Most players see a production decline in the playoffs. There are generally less goals scored because there are less powerplays, tighter checking, more fatigue/injuries, and higher quality competition. 40 points in 50 games is pretty good. It outpaces both Sedins.

That is absolutely correct, and that is my point. Some players are amazing regular season players when its regular season hockey. When playoff hockey starts they cannot adjust there game to maintain that regular season points level. I would also say both Sedins, as much as I love them, are not the best comparisons as its no secret they struggled a bit in the playoffs to. 

Which is fine, if your playoff PPG slips, make damn sure you make up for it in other ways. He doesn't, and add it all up equals a poor (All around) playoff performer. 

24 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Most players see a production decline in the playoffs. There are generally less goals scored because there are less powerplays, tighter checking, more fatigue/injuries, and higher quality competition. 40 points in 50 games is pretty good. It outpaces both Sedins.

I wouldn't bother, there's an irrational hate boner for Toronto here. I am willing to bet most of these chaps haven't watched any of their games. Their blueline is and has been an AHL blueline for years and they haven't had a real goalie since Andersen. Nylander is fine and is a good player in the playoffs. If he were on our team he'd be beloved.

9 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Odd start time. But tomorrow is my day off, so I don't care. I'll just have to smoke my bacon tonight after work instead of tomorrow afternoon.

So that's what you call it.

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

And some people wanted Tanev; we'd be down 0-3 if we even made the playoffs with Tanev probably sitting out injured and no Big Z to lay down The Law.

Big Z has been really good.  I hope we can keep him. I bet Brenden Dillon replaces Cole next year.  Could be an interesting D group if they cant/dont keep Hronek.

Edited by AngryGoose
changed my mind about Tanev
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Leaf fans and their media really melting down all over Twitter/X .. 

Thats what happens when you stack up your forward lines, and neglect the defense. The it doesn't matter if the other team scores 5 goals, so long as we score 6 motto does not work... Ask Edmonton. There window is closing fast if not closed completely and its going to be a hard decade waiting for the contracts to expire. Like you have arguably one of the best forward groups in the league last year, so instead of building your deference up a bit, you sign Domi, Bertuzzi, and Reaves in free agency....

• Cheers 1

The Vancouver Canucks gregarious goaltender got up and flashed a smile at the hulking Nashville Predators winger, who was assessed a minor for interference. On Saturday, he got an additional US$2,000 fine for his intent and aggressiveness.

The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Was the hit an intentional addition-by-subtraction ploy, an accidental-on-purpose ploy that often surfaces in the Stanley Cup playoffs? With Thatcher Demko sidelined by injury, was McCarron trying to take out the backup and leave the net to rookie Arturs Silovs? Who knows?

Testosterone levels are sky high in the post-season and momentum swings mean everything. But this?

“It’s a little sensitive, we’ve already got a goalie hurt,” Canucks head coach Rick Tocchet said Saturday after practice. “Sometimes, there are collisions. I get it. But instead of going straight, he (McCarron) did that one thing at the end. That separates.

“While it was accidental, it wasn’t accidental. Listen, I played a hard game. I don’t want to rip on players, but he put his shoulder into Casey.”

What we do know for sure is the manner in which DeSmith dealt with the blow landed a psychological punch.

He could have gone after McCarron or the referees. He could have dropped F-bombs or swung his stick. However, that’s not DeSmith. Never was. Never will be.

“He’s not an uptight guy,”  Tocchet said after DeSmith backstopped a 2-1 win in Game 3 with a 29-save performance. “He always has a smile on his face and it’s infectious when he comes in. 

• Desmenko 2

12 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The Big Question is: Is this the game Petty Breaks out and toughens up?   hello-there.gif

He plays tough enough. He initiates hits and takes them bouncing right back up too.

For whatever reason he does bambi on ice frequently sure. But I wouldn't say he's not tough.

Last game you could see him much more focused, smarter puck distribution and carrying the pick more. Had one assist and carried the puck on the second goal.

It would do a world of wonders if he sniped one ( at least ) and I have a feeling its coming here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Hoping for a very strong effort from the boyz tonight - I expect it to be the toughest game of the series so far - so will need the best effort from the good guyz.  Though I was happy they were a bit more defensive conscious, I am hoping they can also get some quick counters as well-  should the Preds continue to press

As usual, the Canucks will need to maintain discipline + patience but most importantly, keep the elbows and sticks down when finishing checks in case the ticky-tacky calls return.  Perhaps someone in the bottom six (or Petey) will be the hero (hopefully) as we will need everyone for this one.

Lets rock Boyz!

justwin.jpg

7 hours ago, Goalie Interference said:

Don't forget Coles, and soucy for that matter. Coles was criticized frequently during the regular season. I admit I wanted Jullsen in. But in Game 2 Juulsen was nervous, made some critical mistakes. Cole was better in Game 3 than I've seen him all year. That experience really counts for something once you hit the playoffs

I know I was pushing for Juul's bit yes he did look nervous especially when he lost their best scorer behind the net. Creech even pointed it out. "He should have kept his body between that shooter and the goalie." Which I agree with. It was a too obvious mistake. Bit I would still use Juul's on the 4th line to help clog up the middle. 

6 hours ago, Googlie said:

Little Scottish village I grew up in had a travelling grocery store (Co-op) but not motorized, horse and wagon.  Every time horse took a dump adjacent to our house it was my task to shovel the shit and put it on my father's manure heap for fertilizing his vegetable garden.

Did I say I hate horses?

I did a cash job once when I was younger, shoveling out horse stalls. In the winter. Dam, couldn't get out of there fast enough. Left my favorite shovel there by accident. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah, this is why you watch the games and don't just google stats. What are JT Miller's playoff numbers? Feel free to google them too. Lemme know how good they are. By your metric, he might not be a playoff performer.

Go Away GIF

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I wouldn't bother, there's an irrational hate boner for Toronto here. I am willing to bet most of these chaps haven't watched any of their games. Their blueline is and has been an AHL blueline for years and they haven't had a real goalie since Andersen. Nylander is fine and is a good player in the playoffs. If he were on our team he'd be beloved.

It's so fun to watch the crying and handwringing by the eastern media especially the CBC panelists Lol. They spent all season kissing Leaf's back side and now all they have left is a worn out chapstick.

And Juice is taking it all in stride LOL.

Top 4 contract heavy team is such a poor cap strategy. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I did a cash job once when I was younger, shoveling out horse stalls. In the winter. Dam, couldn't get out of there fast enough. Left my favorite shovel there by accident. 

I did 40 stalls a day from the time I was 10 until about 18....,.......except I didn't get paid 

• Confused 1