[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I’d defer to Ian Clark on that one. 

It thought DeSmith might have had the flu, but Tocc confirmed after the game that he was scratched with an injury.  It's obviously not that serious as he was still listed as the EBUG, did he hurt himself in yesterday's practice? For Abby's sake as well I hope he recovers quickly, or Sawchenko will get called up to be the EBUG leaving Abby with goalie #4.

Just now, Rook said:

Where’s all those that spent the last 2 hours ragging on our team now?? Oh yew of little faith!!! Makes this win that much more satisfying!

I mean they kinda deserved it for the first 2 hours.

• Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

The thing that some haven't paid attention to is that we have good goaltending beyond Demko and DeSmith.

Sad fact of the matter is some folks here don't even realize DeSmith has been good for us recently too. They just look at his stats and write him off. I said going in, I trust this team to win with Silovs in net. Nashville isn't on our level. Even when we're playing middling, we can win a game with good/okay goaltending. This is the first game where Nashville outplayed us almost wire to wire. Last game they outshot us but we outplayed them. Piling up perimeter shots doesn't matter. Goalie can stop it and freeze it. In DeSmith, Silovs and Demko I trust. I joke, but part of me is not even worried if we ever had to ice Tolopilo. Lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seems to be the card to play 😆

Reminds me of a game way back when the starter for the Canucks was hurt and Johan Heberg was the new starter. However, the Canucks needed a backup and called on the UBC Thunderbirds goalie, who at the time was studying for finals in the UBC Library (or somewhere there). 

Canucks" Hello Random Goalie dude?
RGD: "Yes"

Canucks: "This is the Canucks. Wanna play an NHL game?"

RGD:" ............................................................ ummmm sure"

Canucks: "Great! Game starts in 2 hours, get your shit together and be at GM Place in 30 minutes

RGD: <sitting on bench and shitting his pants when Hedberg went down in pain in the 2nd>

Canucks D (forget who it was): Don't worry rookie, he will get up ........................................ if not, DON'T LET THEM SCORE!"

LOL

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Cant wait to see Tolipolo close out the series. 

That will be a playoff record for sure (A team wins 4 games in a series with 4 different goalies), I'd rather have no more injuries to our guys. 🙏

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Reminds me of a game way back when the starter for the Canucks was hurt and Johan Heberg was the new starter. However, the Canucks needed a backup and called on the UBC Thunderbirds goalie, who at the time was studying for finals in the UBC Library (or somewhere there). 

Canucks" Hello Random Goalie dude?
RGD: "Yes"

Canucks: "This is the Canucks. Wanna play an NHL game?"

RGD:" ............................................................ ummmm sure"

Canucks: "Great! Game starts in 2 hours, get your shit together and be at GM Place in 30 minutes

RGD: <sitting on bench and shitting his pants when Hedberg went down in pain in the 2nd>

Canucks D (forget who it was): Don't worry rookie, he will get up ........................................ if not, DON'T LET THEM SCORE!"

LOL

If it come to that, we will just use a Zamboni driver....

• Haha 2