[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

22 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Who do you want to have start in goal next game? In terms of who you have the most confidence in. I think Silovs. He just directs pucks better and handles the rebounds better. Opinions???

I'm old school, never mess with a winning lineup. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Oh no so sorry i live rent free in your head whoever you are

You don't, I had to look you up to remind me who was on that list ... but thank you for the pleasant exchange.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Sad fact of the matter is some folks here don't even realize DeSmith has been good for us recently too. They just look at his stats and write him off. I said going in, I trust this team to win with Silovs in net. Nashville isn't on our level. Even when we're playing middling, we can win a game with good/okay goaltending. This is the first game where Nashville outplayed us almost wire to wire. Last game they outshot us but we outplayed them. Piling up perimeter shots doesn't matter. Goalie can stop it and freeze it. In DeSmith, Silovs and Demko I trust. I joke, but part of me is not even worried if we ever had to ice Tolopilo. Lol.

Good take! I agree. Too many fail to see the bigger picture and write us off. We do need to get more shots off and finish. Forecheck and execution.

People calling Silovs a mere 3rd string weren't mentioning he was Worlds MVP and tracking elite numbers. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hughes finding his next gear after getting tuned up all game deserves some love.

The talking heads giving him some love was great ... Bieksa for the ROH, he's made the between periods/post and pre-game show so much better. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Conscience said:

I mean they kinda deserved it for the first 2 hours.

Actually no they didn’t, it’s this game called hockey, and if you are a fan you should be pulling for them no flaming them!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Rook said:

Where’s all those that spent the last 2 hours ragging on our team now?? Oh yew of little faith!!! Makes this win that much more satisfying!

The win was insane but irregardless, we have some issues we need to figure out before round 2.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The win was insane but irregardless, we have some issues we need to figure out before round 2.

But did we win?  Did we play our third string goalie, are we playing with the flu in the room.  No excuses no to cheer instead of jeer, we are better than Toronto fans!! Now prove it!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Loved that hulk hogan by silovs to the crowd after they were chanting his name.

clark must be happy with his solid calm positional play too

SI-RA!

SI-RA!

SI-RA!

• Desmenko 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Yes, this was a great win, and gutsy comeback... BUT...

Tocchet really needs to think about juggling his forward lines... cause the ones that played the last two games are not working 5 on 5.  The only line which is working, and it is only working at 50% is Miller's line... and only Miller/Boeser are doing anything... Suter is invisible.

12 shots and 20 shots are not enough when the other team is putting up 30+

Tocchet has a tendency to think too defensively and focus on what he thinks will protect his own zone... and not think about generating offense.

Lindholm is a top six player... he should be played on the top six.  Suter is not top six... good center, but not a goalscorer.  Pettersson needs a top six player with him... he can't play with pluggers like Mikheyev or inexperienced players like Hoglander.  He is being totally wasted right now on a line where he has to do everything creatively.

Lindholm should be on a line with Pettersson to give him someone he can pass and finish plays with.  Miller/Boeser should be tried with Di Giuseppe or Lafferty again.   Put Blueger back with Garland and Joshua... that worked.  Put Suter on the 4th line as a center.

Need a changeup!

Settle down coach!! That was a fantastic effort

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Rook said:

But did we win?  Did we play our third string goalie, are we playing with the flu in the room.  No excuses no to cheer instead of jeer, we are better than Toronto fans!! Now prove it!

Apart from a few most are just commenting on the game and sometimes jeers are earned, they definitely were the first 57 minutes of the game. On can jeer and cheer and still be a hard core fan.

• Like 4