[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

9 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Damn that Laurzon hit on Pettersson makes me mad. We gotta upgrade on some muscle and grit in the slot of Mikheyev, Lindholm, Diugiseppe, Blueger, Lafferty during the offseason to set the tone so these things don't happen. 

As much as I wanted someone to KO him, the way we beat them felt like some sort of payback. 

Like...."go ahead, be idiot goons if that's all you've got". They'll have to go back to the drawing board it seems.

I think the Preds thought they'd sealed the deal long before they had. Their fake swagger was a bit much. If that's their MO....to goon up Petey and Quinn, the team'll sneak in the back door and strike. I do still hope Myers or Big Z get a good slam on Lauzon though. But you know....they'll get the book thrown at them.

Preds seemed desperate. And now they are.

Refs suck and should be addressing the crap that went down with Petey. That is NOT playoff hockey that's bitch hockey. JT knows what's up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Petey needs to break out 

As poorly as he had played, he has 2pts in 4 games. One good game and he could be at a point per game. 

My concern is more his skating and moving his legs and lack of confidence. 

He looked like he had tears in his eyes after that first goal where he was responsible for the breakdown and then got run over by Lauzon to add insult to injury... 

26 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

As much as I wanted someone to KO him, the way we beat them felt like some sort of payback. 

Like...."go ahead, be idiot goons if that's all you've got". They'll have to go back to the drawing board it seems.

I think the Preds thought they'd sealed the deal long before they had. Their fake swagger was a bit much. If that's their MO....to goon up Petey and Quinn, the team'll sneak in the back door and strike. I do still hope Myers or Big Z get a good slam on Lauzon though. But you know....they'll get the book thrown at them.

Preds seemed desperate. And now they are.

Refs suck and should be addressing the crap that went down with Petey. That is NOT playoff hockey that's bitch hockey. JT knows what's up.

I loved watching JT give Sissons an earful while Sissons laid on the ice

• MillerTime 1

44 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

on Tuesday Nashville is gonna be pissed that we did that to them in their home rink. They will probably come out trying to bash us silly. We need to weather the storm for about the first 15 minutes, and then take over the game with our patient, confident passes and owning the puck. 

I have no issue with starting Silovs. Then hopefully Demko is @ 100% for the start of round 2. Not knowing the injuries makes it hard to say, read somewhere that DeSmith had the flu and wasn't actually injured. 

I like the idea of using Z on the 4th line as a net front presence and dressing an extra d-man. but I REALLY like him crushing their players as they try to cross the blue line. 

I have the funny feeling that game 5 will either be ultra close ( winning goal either in OT or the last minute ) or a extreme blow out ie: 6-1 . Hoping that we've gotten into Saros' head and we chase him from the game early. 

Imagine losing this series because our group of hockey jocks don't wash their hands

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

As poorly as he had played, he has 2pts in 4 games. One good game and he could be at a point per game. 

My concern is more his skating and moving his legs and lack of confidence. 

He looked like he had tears in his eyes after that first goal where he was responsible for the breakdown and then got run over by Lauzon to add insult to injury... 

clearly Petey is playing through an injury. If it was middle of January he’s not in the lineup. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

this is why I'm a little bit worried about round 2 against the Oilers... Bettman has unwritten reasons to have his love-child, McDavid, get some playoff success. 

I just hope Z steps up at the blue line and puts him out of the series. 

Nurse jumps in and gets one punched

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Imagine losing this series because our group of hockey jocks don't wash their hands

didn't we beat St Louis a few years back because they were wrecked with the flu?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I agree

Canucks could have run away with this game today if the refs didn't step in and knocked the canucks off the PP 4 seconds in with a super weak call on Lindholm. 

Refs got scared canucks would make it 2-0 after seeing our deadly power play so decided to influence the game. 

Nashville then scored on the 4 on 4 and there was that no call on Lauzon after he ran over Petey for no reason. 

They then started taking late runs at Hughes after he got rid of the puck. I recounted one play where he went to retrieve the puck and bounced it off the corner boards and skated behind the net and up the opposite side (all without the puck) and then got hit near the hash marks. (that's like 15 strides after getting rid of the puck) 

I think some of us also noticed a lot of instances when the refs were in our way today and disrupted the play.

NHL is so bush league but our guys said FU and still won. 

Refs haven’t been much of a factor in this series, come on lol.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

1. We're not losing the series

2. Washing your hands when you sit beside each other and are sweaty, spitting, screaming, etc.?

• ThereItIs 2

39 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think I'd go Silovs game 5, give DeSmith more time, then hopefully you close it out & he starts fresh against Edmonton. Or else you can bring him in fresher for game 6.

This is the way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

So send them home, they're not needed.

When Petey got thrown to the ice as part of their celebration? If Myers did that he'd be gone for multiple games.

The team's battling through it but the Preds are getting away with WAY more than they should be. When you see some of the phantom calls they do make it's head scratching.

I love playoff hockey when they put the whistles away but there's a line to be drawn in what's ok and what's not. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

about the refs......... I wish they would clamp down on those REALLY late hits.

I feel that they are taking major liberties on us. 

That 'kicked ' in goal was boarderline..... Toronto would have called it off if it were us, but not them.

The one that REALLY got my goat was the levelling of Petey for no reason during their goal celebration. should have been a 2 min unsportsmanlike penalty. 

Thats what made this win even sweeter. 

They took all sorts of liberties on us with the help of the refs and had victory snatched away in 4 minutes and now are on the brink of elimination. 

Sweet justice. 

You know they are scared coming to Vancouver. They threw everything they had at us and know they got favourable calls and still lost. 

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

didn't we beat St Louis a few years back because they were wrecked with the flu?

brekkie this am....

440882515_8404034356278717_1153016697263452940_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • MillerTime 2

Don’t mean to jinx things by looking ahead, but stylistically Edmonton is a much more favourable matchup for us. Nashville with their physical forwards is tough on our skilled D. I’m just praying that Hughes can survive another game or two in this series. Don’t see Edmonton having the capacity to punish him quite like this. But of course Edmonton has some all-world players that will pose a certain amount of danger. With Demko in net I’d feel considerable confidence we’d handle them….but our current goaltending situation is such a wild card.

Talking about the next series before winning this one is not good form, but I’ll go make a sacrifice to the Hockey Gods just in case I’ve angered them in any way. 

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lol you're right. they haven't been a factor because we are too good. 

They tried to be a factor but we told them to hold our beer while we take over in the final 3 minutes and win it in OT. 

They tried to be a factor when penalties were 5-3 in favour of Nashville last game but we killed all 5 and went 2 for 3 on our pp. 

Whatever BS they throw our way, we told them FU and won the game

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Outstanding choice. I miss owning a motorcycle so much.

I currently have 3 if that helps you feel better? 

Need to sell the ol Yamaha...listing it this week 😄 

Great game. Hard on the ticker.

Canuck struggled thru most of the game so when the big boys step up it is fun to watch.

I wanted to note the play of a couple of lesser lights. PGD and Ian Cole. Willy vets who are playing really well.

11 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol you're right. they haven't been a factor because we are too good. 

They tried to be a factor but we told them to hold our beer while we take over in the final 3 minutes and win it in OT. 

They tried to be a factor when penalties were 5-3 in favour of Nashville last game but we killed all 5 and went 2 for 3 on our pp. 

Whatever BS they throw our way, we told them FU and won the game

Look, I put hockey reffing on the same level as figure skating judging. It’s always going to flawed due the human element. 

But you don’t think that just perhaps the penalties were 5-3 for Nashville because we were chasing the game for 57 minutes?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I agree

Canucks could have run away with this game today if the refs didn't step in and knocked the canucks off the PP 4 seconds in with a super weak call on Lindholm. 

Refs got scared canucks would make it 2-0 after seeing our deadly power play so decided to influence the game. 

Nashville then scored on the 4 on 4 and there was that no call on Lauzon after he ran over Petey for no reason. 

They then started taking late runs at Hughes after he got rid of the puck. I recounted one play where he went to retrieve the puck and bounced it off the corner boards and skated behind the net and up the opposite side (all without the puck) and then got hit near the hash marks. (that's like 15 strides after getting rid of the puck) 

I think some of us also noticed a lot of instances when the refs were in our way today and disrupted the play.

NHL is so bush league but our guys said FU and still won. 

Don't be that guy man. Refs have really been a non factor this series.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Used to have a little v-star. Nice little bike. 

That they are. I have 93 Virago 1100. But picked up a 2023 Honda Rebel 1100t last summer so no desire to ride her anymore 😄