[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

Aside from the last 3 minutes yesterday.

I feel the Canucks have been below average.

If we start seeing February versions of the Canucks and Petey, watch out!

Credit to Nashville for being a frustrating opponent. But them at 90% is still not enough for the Canucks at 40% apparently.

I dont usually have a problem w Frank Seravalli (actually find his perspective interesting a lot of the time) but him and Jason Gregor were definitely poo pooing on the NSH-VAN series.  It has been low event for sure (comparatively), but they both seemed to imply that when matched up against one of the more high flying teams neither would stand a chance.  

First things first but I would live to see Jason Gregor eat his words.  Dude annoys the F out of me.

Edited by AngryGoose
typos

4 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

my power went out with 7 minutes remaining in the third and came back on just after the goal in OT.

e984d0906f8b760be19f56b9b68c3900.jpg

That dude was anally examined by aliens ... take what he says with a grain of anal-salts

ALL IN GOOD FUN PEOPLE!

7 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I dont usually have a problem w Frank Seravalli (actually find his perspective interesting a lot of the time) but him and Jason Gregor were definitely poo pooing on the NSH-VAN series.  It has been low event for sure (comparatively), but they both seemed to imply that when matched up against one of the more high flying teams neither would stand a chance.  

First things first but I would live to see Jason Gregor eat his words.  Dude annoys the F out of me.

High Flying team up next- Edmonton Coilers! 

Not getting ahead of my skis but we will beat NSH and hope EDM takes 7 games to kill LA 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

From the highlights, it doesn't look like there was a distinct kicking motion. It just looks like Forseberg's momentum pushed it to the net.

It's close but I think it's a good goal 

It wasn't his leading skate that he kicked in with; it was the back skate. There are replays where it seems like a distinct kicking motion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

It wasn't his leading skate that he kicked in with; it was the back skate. There are replays where it seems like a distinct kicking motion.

We won! Debate is meaningless! Debate when we win a game 7 SCF when it is our first.

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

We won! Debate is meaningless! Debate when we win a game 7 SCF when it is our first.

I'm not debating, I'm commenting on a Canucks fan forum To the ref it probably looked like it went off the leading skate. I was just commenting on what I saw. I looked at it a few times before I noticed yesterday right after the game. I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if it is a thing of contention. Thanks for the advice though.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Good teams usually play low event hockey and let their high end skill pot a few to win.  The teams playing river hockey won't be playing deep into the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoggy and Suter are the ones bringing down their lines. 5 on 5 Boeser and Miller have created chances but Suter can't finish. 5 on 5 Petey and Mikheyev have created opportunities but Hoggy can't seem to get open let alone finish. Maybe they should switch places? Hoggy on the Miller line and Suter on the Petey line.

Honestly, i have been smiling and laughing to myself all day thinking about how awesome that was. That comeback was legendary. Boesser has caught up on 2 seasons of development to get here. His hard work and determination earned this hatty more then anyone.

Edited by XxNaslundxX
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

One more time!

The last 4 or so minutes.

Personally for me : i got hooked on this team 42 years ago today when Roger raised the white flag / towel in chicago.  I was a kid sitting at home flipping the channels and stopped on the channel that was showing the game and the war on ice in Chicago - the bad reffing - and subsequent white towel on the stick.  I used to watch hockey games before that but that particular game got me hooked on the canucks.  Ill never forget that run and the empty feeling when we lost out to the Islanders.

That said I dont think Ive ever seen a sequence like this before - so many thigs had to go right...just like magic...

Still so surreal.

Still brings chills down my spine the day after.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I lived in Edmonton when he was on the radio. He is a dyed in the wool salty Canucks hater. What the Canucks franchise did to hurtin Albertans I will never know

Edited by Blue

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I lived in Edmonton when he was on the radio. He is a dyed in the wool salty Canucks hater. What the Canucks franchise did to hurtin Albertans I will never know

Alberta has always been jealous of BC.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Aside from the last 3 minutes yesterday.

I feel the Canucks have been below average.

If we start seeing February versions of the Canucks and Petey, watch out!

Credit to Nashville for being a frustrating opponent. But them at 90% is still not enough for the Canucks at 40% apparently.

For 57 minutes they played like they were protecting Silovs and even when they were down 3-1 it looked like they were protecting the lead.  Once Silovs was pulled the Canucks were finally free to play like the had nothing to lose.   And as far as Canucks players playing below average the glaring two are Petey and Hogs. Listen to Tocchet's presser after the game, not naming names most of his comments were directed at Petey.  Petey hasn't fully bought in to Tocchet's system, he is leaving the zone early like Kuzmenko did and he's not connected with his linemates or the defence.  How many long bomb passes did we see from Hughes when the Petey line was out?  Long passes get intercepted by the Preds all day long.  Petey needs to move up the ice WITH his linemates and Hughes, not all by himself but connected with the defence to receive short 5 foot passes.  Tocchet more or less (reading between the lines) said Petey isn't listening.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Darius said:

One more time!

The last 4 or so minutes.

Personally for me : i got hooked on this team 42 years ago today when Roger raised the white flag / towel in chicago.  I was a kid sitting at home flipping the channels and stopped on the channel that was showing the game and the war on ice in Chicago - the bad reffing - and subsequent white towel on the stick.  I used to watch hockey games before that but that particular game got me hooked on the canucks.  Ill never forget that run and the empty feeling when we lost out to the Islanders.

That said I dont think Ive ever seen a sequence like this before - so many thigs had to go right...just like magic...

Incredible comeback! Have been watching all throughout the day! One of the best I've ever seen. 

Believe!!!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

It's like me this morning on the drive in to work. Halford and Brough on the radio. Brough's an idiot, I've known that for awhile. Halford was talking about something entirely different re "tomorrow" and Brough chimed in with something to the effect of "like the Canucks losing".

Get behind the team. But no...it's edgier to predict failure...I'm sure he's used to it from his own experience in life.

I shut it off. 

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1