[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Been saving this one, but it's time.

So long, Nashville, Tennessee
You can't have what's left of me
And as far as I can tell
It's high time I wish you well

Don't understand their DJ.   Why they don't lean more towards some country music in that town is mind boggling.   Guess we "beat the country" out of them in NSH lol.    Nothing would make me happier, then to see us obliterate them tonight, except going to game six and completely boot stomping them.   Zadarov, Myers, Soucy and Cole.  Their time to shine and take some runs at Josi. 

Edited by IBatch

Just now, IBatch said:

Don't understand their DJ.   Why they don't lean towards some country music in that town is mind boggling.   Guess we "beat the country" out of them in NSH lol.    Nothing would make me happier, then to see us obliterate then tonight, except going to game six and completely boot stomping them.   Zadarov, Myers, Soucy and Cole.  Their time to shine and take some runs at Josi. 

DJs seem to all use the same generic playlist, I wondered if it was NHL mandated at one stage. Country roads is everywhere. 

I'm all for local flavour. 

• Cheers 1

Win game 5 and we have already surpassed my expectations for his season...

Doesn't mean I don't believe you can do more, it just means that we have already achieved huge success...

The younger and unproven ones on the team now knows, what it takes and how tough it is to play in the play offs... 

The trade for Lindholm was excellent... He showed, how you get things done. Both defensively and offensively...

The biggest surprise for me nevertheless has been Brock... He is far stronger on the board that I remember, he has found his mojo infant of the net, and taken the responsibility of s coring from Petey and Miller... Easy to play against never 30 goal scorer has burned the house down... long may it last.

And as a side note here, if Brock can find his mojo again, maybe Petey can as well... I think, he can... 

Bring it on....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

DJs seem to all use the same generic playlist, I wondered if it was NHL mandated at one stage. Country roads is everywhere. 

I'm all for local flavour. 

Do they play any local songs in van? A snippet of buble's "hold on?" during a tight game? The intro to "all that she wrote" by default after a bad ref's call "something's wrong with your mind", far better ones i'm sure. From what i've heard it's the same generic crap "up in here" etc

45 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Maybe the league got "2 for 1" deals by licensing broadcast rights in bulk for all the rinks from the companies who own the songs? :hurhur:

• Cheers 1

I'm just all out of whack. How am I supposed to work today?

My boss (who I constantly have to update...not only on when the games are on but who wins) is going to the game tonight. Tough because me, the diehardiest homer that ever homed this earth is not. Ah well, hope he has a blast. Wonder if I'll have to update him on who wins because he'll be at the snack bar or will leave early to beat traffic. The women at work too....suddenly they're all hockey experts but never care to talk hockey when there's no hoopla during the season. I hope they become fans because it would be nice to have more buzz generated outside of just the playoffs. Not just fans of the playoff team.

Trying not to be jealous. Am so jealous. 

GO CANUCKS GO....I WILL SCREAM FROM MY LIVING ROOM ONCE MORE

So proud of our team. I'm also so glad to have all the real hockey fans here to carry the torch long after playoffs are said and done. You all are the best and I appreciate you/this place a great deal. LET'S GO!!!!!!!

• Cheers 3

I am excited and anxious. 

Finally after 20 years away I am starting the process to move back to Vancouver. So tired of these games starting after 10pm here in Ontario.  Figure it will take about a year to find someone to take over my practice and sell the house. 
Man housing prices though 👀
Step one in moving back to Vancouver, buy lottery ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
14 hours ago, Googlie said:

Through the enemy's lens.....

Some of this commentary isn't bad. However, all three are really missing what's going on the goals where Brock is open and multiple Preds are laying on the ice. This isn't happening because of defensive miscues. The preds are doing exactly what worked for them in games 1 & 2 and what they've been coached to do. But the Canucks made good adjustments to the Preds shot blocking in the last two games, by waiting for them to go down, and then passing through the open seams. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of adjustments get made on both sides for game 5....

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

The biggest surprise for me nevertheless has been Brock... He is far stronger on the board that I remember, he has found his mojo infant of the net, and taken the responsibility of s coring from Petey and Miller... Easy to play against never 30 goal scorer has burned the house down... long may it last.

Are you insinuating Brock eats babies for breakfast 🤯

On 4/28/2024 at 8:25 PM, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Another thing I find interesting about this video is Pettersson's reaction.  It makes me think he is injured after all.

He looks super excited about the goal, then quickly looks around for a door to get out onto the ice to celebrate.  Most guys are just hopping over the boards easily to get on the ice.  EP seems to want to hop over, but for some reason is hesitant.  Then he just turns and gives the trainers fist bumps instead.  Signs of an injury perhaps?

This is a very good observation and could point to, as another user suggested a sports hernia. If that is the case, the good news is that post season surgery and summer to recover and train means he would be good to go for beginning of the season. Also, generally once you’ve had a hernia surgery it doesn’t reoccur.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Could be? Something that isn’t going to get worse if played with. 

Some are claiming that the look on his face when he missed the open net means his issue is mental, but it could have just as easily been a look of frustration for not being physically able to do what he normally does. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Some are claiming that the look on his face when he missed the open net means his issue is mental, but it could have just as easily been a look of frustration for not being physically able to do what he normally does. 

Exactly! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Incredible the series of events that has to lead to the final goal. From Scissions post, to Hughes deking Nyquist out of his jock (only the Norris winner and a few other players could have managed that), to Miller getting the shot through and it bouncing the right way to Boeser, and then Boeser having the resolve to bury it instead of panicking and fumbling..

Edited by top shelf peanut butter
  • Cheers 1