[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

59 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Who do you want to have start in goal next game? In terms of who you have the most confidence in. I think Silovs. He just directs pucks better and handles the rebounds better. Opinions???

Seems like we can throw any one of our goalies in net.

I wonder if the Preds are wondering who they should put in goal.

Their main guy hasn't really impressed me.

15 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Not sure if somebody has posted this: The Canucks became only the second team in NHL history with three different goalies to win each of their first three games in a postseason. Vancouver also did it during the 2004 Western quarterfinals with Dan Cloutier in Game 1, Johan Hedberg in Game 3 and Alex Auld in Game 6.

The Canucks lost that series to Calgary, so if the Nucks win it, this would be an NHL first to win a series with three different goalies getting wins.

Lol Canucks hockey.  

• Vintage 1
  • Desmenko 2

The accolades for Coach Tocc/staff have been rightfully steady since Oct.

But when taking a good look at this unlikely tilt, can't recall a single game where the coaches(pre & in-game) decisions, encouragement & composure have made a greater contribution to a win.

Huge shout-out to them gents!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The usual jackals were circling for someone to blame. Good on Tocc for adjusting!

Big Z is what we need!

Your "holy" attitude is pretty annoying TBH.  JUst make your observations. Not sure why you need to take a dig at other people every time you comment on something. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Only if DeSmith isn't 100%. DeSmith had a good game 3. Silovs wasn't tested too hard tonight, so he hasn't "proven" he can handle the net full time.

Give it to DeSmith and have confidence knowing Silovs is ready to step in. 

Exactly this ... Have to go with DeSmith. Experience matters. It's the smart move.

Silovs is proving by the game. Earning his spot. It's what people needed to see from him. He's earned confidence. Great record as well.

We're good in net. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Your "holy" attitude is pretty annoying TBH.  JUst make your observations. Not sure why you need to take a dig at other people every time you comment on something. 

Blah, blah, blah ... 

• Tank 1
  • MillerTime 1
  • Wiener 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Love this team and still an optimist after all these years.    What we saw tonight is not at all normal.   I don't remember ever, coming from behind two goals this close to the end of a game with the net empty, and following it up with a quick OT win.   It's going to become a memorable moment in Canucks lore.    

Game 3's 3rd period (so four in a row) .  Painful for long periods of time.    Barely register a shot.   And not exactly making them pay for blocks (yet) either.   Hope like Bieksa suggested, we start doing that.   Felt this way last Game. 

Do believe we are the better team.   We certainly haven't played better, or demonstrated "we are at another level".    And didn't make them pay for their blocks this game.    NSH will have a hard time coming back from 3-1, this win was massive.   Don't have to look at the "stats",  last game felt we made up for game two.     This one?   Well didn't give up as a fan and the team didn't give up on each other either.    It was magic.   However aside from our PK, solid hitting, defensive structure (they've got that all too),  very little going for us offensively.    Other than scoring more goals lol.   Which is everything. 

Cores getting valuable playoff experience, and that was something else.   Like amazing.   It's not at all sustainable.     Game one and most of game two, they weren't quite on "our level", we lost game 2.    Since then,  they've carried the play. 

I am not a huge analytics guy, but from what I seen on Reddit is even those suggest that we outplayed Nashville in game 3. Shot totals don't tell the whole story. Nashville was getting shots off but no rebounds, no real deflections. They've outplayed us in one game imo. That was today. In a weird 2pm start (in their barn) where it feels like those are always hit any miss for us. Also with our 3rd string goalie making his playoff debut and his 10th start in his career. I think finding ways to win even in difficult situations is huge. It doesn't need to be this "the sky is falling" type thing. You know you're good when in your off games you're still a threat.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1