[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hopefully everyone noticed Zad as the net front on BB's tying goal. He didn't get an assist but his position on the right side prevented the Pred d-man from

checking Boeser. 

Absolutely LOVED that move by Tocchet. Bruins used to do that with Chara as well. You simply can’t’ move those behemoths from the crease area.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hopefully everyone noticed Zad as the net front on BB's tying goal. He didn't get an assist but his position on the right side prevented the Pred d-man from

checking Boeser. 

I remember Boeser doing that a number of times during this past season.  He (Boeser) has become more than a Luc Robitaille clone (not that in itself wouldn't make you a bad player). 

• Like 1

What a finish! Wow!!!   ....and how lucky was Lind-🏠 being left completely alone wide open in front of the net after the Preds have been choking the front the entire series with 3-4 players on every other single shot.  First time the preds had an overt Brain-Fart like that the entire series and did they pay.  What a break and what timing!   

Glad we took advantage of the Preds being asleep at the wheel and goes to show that continuous pressure could eventually result in a glaring pee-wee mistake that anyone can take advantage of and we did!     Good work, especially Garland for creating the entire play and doing the all heavy lifting on that goal.  What a trooper he is!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

Is garland still wanting out? Where we at with that 

didn’t we give his agent permission to find a trade 

he has sure turned it around and becoming a fan favourite 

Edited by Grinch

Epic comeback! 

Brock, Lindy, Millsy leading the way.

Considering how Nashville is targeting Hughes and shutting down Petey as they have, I think a couple of changes in the line up could help. Do it Tocc!

Podz in for PDG

Lindys line is our top 6 right now and both those lines stay the same. They were effective

Hogs- Petey- Podz- hogs came close to scoring and had a slightly better game so keep him there. Add Podz for energy, speed and muscle to win some board battles opening space for Petey

Mik- Blueger- Laff - Mik belongs there right now and hopefully brings more intensity and speed to his game on the 4th line.

Hughes- Cole

Big Z- Hronek

Double H pairing needs to be separated and Cole with his experience and excellent D play/positioning should help free up pace for Hughes like Schenn used to.

Also Hronek can be the go to D man on this pairing to balance out the offense as long as Z and H know their roles.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Only thing I like about Forsberg is his mustache.   Takes a certain confidence to grow something you'd see on the Titanic or in Tombstone before cars.    Don't mind at all to see it "knocked" off though. 

Yep, those old Nordic Mustaches are back in style in sweeden.    image.jpeg.4a4843e161b3a80b7a2a1681bac4b921.jpeg

Im still in disbelief about last night, I was preparing myself mentally for going back to Vancouver with a tied series. 

Despite the fact that they won last night 9 times out of 10 they probably don’t win that game again playing the way they did. They still need to make a lot of adjustments for game 5. I’m not counting on it but I’m hoping that Nashville is feeling absolutely deflated after that loss and that was the straw that broke the camels back. 

• Upvote 1

There was a time where I was at peace with the fact that Boeser would leave after his current contract expired, with Lekkerimaki as his natural replacement.

But I’m suddenly realizing how upsetting it would be for Brock to leave. 😢 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Devron said:

I wore my Demko for game 1 😭 then I wore it for game 2 and we lost. Haven’t put it on for games 3 and 4 

Turn it inside out and you can be Okmed. Great young goalie coming up out of Malaysia.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bell said:

That may be the greatest five minute stretch in Canuck hockey history.  Insane they won that game.  What patience by Boeser.  On to game five.  Go Canucks Go.

I don’t think that’s an outrageous statement whatsoever. I think I’ve watched the sequence in the double digits now. What is truly astounding his how free and easy they let their talent flow once they went to 6 on 5. Best passing, by far, that they’ve displayed the entire series.

Bring 75% percent of that vibe to the power play please.

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

There was a time where I was at peace with the fact that Boeser would leave after his current contract expired, with Lekkerimaki as his natural replacement.

But I’m suddenly realizing how upsetting it would be for Brock to leave. 😢 

Lekkerimaki can be Kuzmenko's replacement 😋

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

my biggest concern facing Nashville was Barry Trotz. I knew he'd have this team ready with a plan from top to bottom, and he has. Its been a hell of a lesson so far for our younger guys, they've never seen anything like this. 

Its not going be easy to close this one out, but I have to think the rest days now are going to be so much better for our guys not having choked up such a devastating loss.

Also have to think the rogers crowd is going to be insane tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What a finish! Wow!!!   ....and how lucky was Lind-🏠 being left completely alone wide open in front of the net after the Preds have been choking the front the entire series with 3-4 players on every other single shot.  First time the preds had an overt Brain-Fart like that the entire series and did they pay.  What a break and what timing!   

Glad we took advantage of the Preds being asleep at the wheel and goes to show that continuous pressure could eventually result in a glaring pee-wee mistake that anyone can take advantage of and we did!     Good work, especially Garland for creating the entire play and doing the all heavy lifting on that goal.  What a trooper he is!

Are you getting a better understanding of how and why trades are made now?

Should be a great lesson for you to apply in the upcoming years.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

You don't think the refs factored in the early score by the canucks and how we clamped down last game after leading 2-0 created a bias that it would not be an interesting game if the Canucks scored on the PP and went up by 2 goals 5min into the game? 

The interference call on Forsberg when he hit Myers had them guessing whether it was legitimate or not. I would wonder the same thing if I saw Forsberg take down Myers that easily... But Myers wasn't even looking at Forsberg. He was looking at the puck behind the net and then Forsberg skated at him and put his shoulder down and caught Myers off guard. 

Anway, refs were sitting there in an early 1-0 game while home team was down and unsure about the call they just made. Realizing that if the Canucks score on the PP to make it 2-0, the game might be out of reach 5 minutes in. So they called a weak one on Lindholm. It could easily have been a dive on ROR as well. The guy did a triple axel on his way down. That's the crap that makes me frustrated. 

No.

I guess if you make up your own narrative to everything then yeah I understand why you'd be frustrated.

Just relax, not every call is a conspiracy. Not every missed call is intentional. 

The refs are human, but they aren't robots sent from Gary Bettmans laboratory specifically designed to manipulate the games at precise moments in a way that draws the minimalist attention and only the most savy and experienced fans can pick out the difference.

This isnt Blade Runner FFS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

Epic comeback!     Brock, Lindy, Millsy leading the way.

Considering how Nashville is targeting Hughes and shutting down Petey as they have, I think a couple of changes in the line up could help. Do it Tocc!  Podz in for PDG.

Well said, but I don't think that the Preds are necessarily shutting down Petty, as I don't see any overt extra coverage on him all the time.  i think they've simply put the fear of god in him and he's playing scared after they gave him a few "real" hits early in the series and now he's keeping his distance from everyone.  You can see in many plays as he skates towards the Preds zone and dumps it in rather than carry it in further and try to make a play now - more often than during regular season.  It's very obvious what's changed.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Lekkerimaki can be Kuzmenko's replacement 😋

Lol, nice thought. But Brock is going to want some major cheddar on his next deal….and deservedly so. Just hope Allvin/Rutherford can make it work.

That Petey deal is going to have some ramifications that we won’t especially like.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

since his recovery Lindy has been awesome. I noticed in the interview last night that he's still wearing something on a finger, wouldn't surprise me at all if he's still playing with a bone bruise on his hand. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

if they can get out of the way, they can be IN the way on purpose just as easy.....oops, did I do that?

sting gif.gif

Listen, I've reffed a few games in my day. Those guys shot the puck into the zone at maybe 50mph and I got the fuck out of the way.

Refs have to dodge where players are, where they are going to be, where the puck is, where the puck is going to be, all while watching the play, and watching behind the play. If the puck hits them on a ring around then it's not intentional.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well said, but I don't think that the Preds are necessarily shutting down Petty, as I don't see any overt extra coverage on him all the time.  i think they've simply put the fear of god in him and he's playing scared after they gave him a few "real" hits early in the series and now he's keeping his distance from everyone.  You can see in many plays as he skates towards the Preds zone and dumps it in rather than carry it in further and try to make a play now - more often than during regular season.  It's very obvious what's changed.

Maybe not all the time, but there tends o be extra cover...

I don't think Petey is scarred at all, but yes something is definitely off with him...

As for dumping it in, it could be part of, what Tocchet wants... the entire team plays a lot different to how they used to...

Also maybe give Preds a bit of credit here. They were easily the hottest team coming into the play offs... 

Regardless, luckily we have been able to get results our way, without Petey firing on all cylinders and playing our 2nd and 3rd string goalie...

This has to be really good news... 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, i certainly appreciate what Jim Benning saw in Garland when he made that trade after watching him do all the work & create that oportunity and do everything but push it across the line on the winning goal.  The trade would have gone down in history as an entire success for the Canucks except for getting stuck with another washed out old swede (OEL) that we'll be paying for (heavily) for years to come.  

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree they've gotten into his head. he's over thinking things way too much and just needs to skate, and get his hits in. Not sure what it takes to drill that in but having a new face in Podz on the line can add a different element and more physicality won't hurt. Also Podz can help force a simple north south game and for Petey that may stop the over thinking and starting skating. Without him on his game we aren't going far..

Tocchet would be pulling his hair out over this game after game if he had any 😬

If he can get a couple strong offensive plays or a goal, that would go a long way.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Maybe not all the time, but there tends o be extra cover...

I don't think Petey is scarred at all, but yes something is definitely off with him...

As for dumping it in, it could be part of, what Tocchet wants... the entire team plays a lot different to how they used to...

Also maybe give Preds a bit of credit here. They were easily the hottest team coming into the play offs... 

Regardless, luckily we have been able to get results our way, without Petey firing on all cylinders and playing our 2nd and 3rd string goalie...

This has to be really good news... 

Yep!  If he ever shows up and comes alive in the playoffs one day- Look out - because that could make all the difference in us going further and i agree, I think there is some kind of injury or handicap plaguing him - which we'll probably find out about in a few weeks.

• Cheers 1