[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

All I can find is this; Hard to see, but maybe?

The ear injury is legit, the part that needs fact checking is "still powers team to victory" hahahaha

Edited by MattJVD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

On the 4th game day God said let it be right, and it was so.

I had a friend's baptism in the morning, and went to our regular Sunday service at our church in the afternoon.  That's 2 church services yesterday.  You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think it's all a mental thing.  He's clearly extremely frustrated with himself, and therefore overthinking things which is leading to indecisiveness on the ice and thereby being just that split second behind the play all the time (offensively AND defensively).  We can see it with his shooting (he waits too long), his passing (he's passing when he should be shooting), his defensive coverage (he stands there processing for a split second that leads to opposition breakouts).  It's all over the ice.

He needs a mental reset.  Why he hasn't been sent to see a sports therapist or something yet is beyond me.  He needs to relax and try and have some fun out there.

We simply just don't know if he is or has been seeking or receiving some sort of support. It looks to a large portion of fans and media alike that something is frankly just wrong with his game on the ice. 

45 minutes ago, 24K said:

But the thing that pushed me over the edge is how Nashville did not get called unsportsmanlike conduct on their hit in Pettey during their goal celebration. 

That is as blatant as it gets and 100% should be called. 

agreed, it was disappointing that there was literally no response by teammates, coaches or officials to what was a blatant unsportsmanlike penalty. If I missed some form of reaction by the team or coaches etc than my bad. 

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I don't whine everytime, quite the opposite really. You be you, I will be me. I don't relentlessly waive pom poms, I know too much about the game and care too much about the team. I don't like the constant negative Nellies either, but enjoy the constructive comments by knowledgeable fellow posters. Bye, bye. Oh, and drop the tough guy internet crap with your posts relating to me. If you met me, I bet my home you wouldn't say anything derogatory to my face, so keep it civil. 

Lol ok bud, I’m who I am, and have never met a man that I couldn’t speak my mind to.  I’m the guy when dudes act tough and step out their car at, they immediately tuck tail and get back in their car before they get hurt.  Anything on these boards I say, I would GLADLY say to someone’s face with zero consequences. If they can’t handle what I say, FAFO. 

If you aren’t a chicken little then fine, but half the guys posting one here that are “knowledgeable”. Don’t have the slightest clue what it takes to be a pro. So to hear them trying to be couch coach or armchair GM is laughable at best. It’s one thing to be critical, it’s another to flame every time we are down a couple goals. Nobody is waving Pom poms here, some of us are just real fans who will cheer them on win or lose. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

image.png.d7e580af336acdb584ae1cbb2e756e62.png

If this doesn't motivate Tic Toc to get General Zeke in front of the net as an arrow in the quiver, not sure what will. The players around him are not small (noteable exception to Gnarly) and yet he dominates the area. Predators #27 is Ryan McDonut (to the left of Big Zeke) and listed at 6'-1" and 215lbs. Donut tries to move General Zeke 2 seconds later from after this shot with about as much effect as swatting a Mack truck with a tennis racket.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Clearly they haven't been a factor. We're up 3-1

Doesn't mean they didn't try.

You're naive if you don't think NHL has games management and biasness. 

It was literally in the Colin Campbell court documents

Im just glad we have a team that can push through the BS and win. 

Also some regular hockey jargon commonly said by announcers... 

"Here's the even up call" 

"canucks better watch out, they've had the last 3 power plays" 

Like why does the term an "even up call" even exist? Why not just call what you see and leave it at that? 

Also why should a team that is dominating possession and drawing multiple penalties"watch out"? 

What should they be watching out for exactly? 

Look no further than the Edm-LA game last night. The game was an absolute snoozer from Edm's end; the league knew they needed to call something to get it going. A 50% PP will do that. And, on an absolutely terrible call based on all the other interference out there. 

10 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

If this doesn't motivate Tic Toc to get General Zeke in front of the net as an arrow in the quiver, not sure what will. The players around him are not small (noteable exception to Gnarly) and yet he dominates the area. Predators #27 is Ryan McDonut (to the left of Big Zeke) and listed at 6'-1" and 215lbs. Donut tries to move General Zeke 2 seconds later from after this shot with about as much effect as swatting a Mack truck with a tennis racket.

Byfuglien immediately comes to mind.  Canucks had no answer to that.  They eventually just let him do his thing in front of the net and had to try and focus on others.  Opened up a ton of room at the net for rebounds.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes, i certainly appreciate what Jim Benning saw in Garland when he made that trade after watching him do all the work & create that oportunity and do everything but push it across the line on the winning goal.  The trade would have gone down in history as an entire success for the Canucks except for getting stuck with another washed out old swede (OEL) that we'll be paying for (heavily) for years to come.  

Lol, I was talking about Lindholm. Your bias is showing in that you constantly attempt to only credit Garland and discredit Lindy for the goal, yet it was Lindholm in position, Lindholm getting free of his checker, and Lindholm firing in the winner. Garland made a great play no doubt as well. They both deserve a high five.

You're trying way to hard to discredit Lindholm here, but hey that's what you have to do to back up that completely blown analysis of the situation.

OEL was definitely the worst trade I can remember. The Neely trade was a bad one kind of but I was too young to fully appreciate all of the particulars until further down the road.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Great comeback win totally unexpected. What I like to see next game though is players skate at 90-100% speed.. for whatever reason it feels like we are skating at 50% speed only whenever we have the puck and going up the ice. I dont think we are that slow? Or are we.. I’m watching other teams they all seem to be flying up the ice from the dzone with the puck but when Vancouver have the puck they are very casual skating it up. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The refs allowed a lot by us in game 1. The call against Lindholm was stupid tho. 

All told tho the refs haven't been much of a factor yet, which is how it should be.

I bitch about the refs fairly often. This series hasn't been horribly reffed compared to a lot of our games this year. The only real issue I had yesterday was one of our guys, think it was Garly, getting dragged, tackled and held down clearly behind the play with no call.

Since Myers seemed to go down pretty easy, I wasn't surprised with the weak call against Lindy.

Edited by Kragar
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Great comeback win totally unexpected. What I like to see next game though is players skate at 90-100% speed.. for whatever reason it feels like we are skating at 50% speed only whenever we have the puck and going up the ice. I dont think we are that slow? Or are we.. I’m watching other teams they all seem to be flying up the ice from the dzone with the puck but when Vancouver have the puck they are very casual skating it up. 

Honestly, it's probably the flu bug hitting more than half the team.  They need to close this out quickly and get some rest.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I bitch about the refs fairly often. This series hasn't been horribly reffed compared to a lot of our games this year. The only real issue I had yesterday was one of our guys, think it was Garly, getting dragged, tackled and held down clearly behind the play with no call.

Since Myers seemed to go down pretty easy, I wasn't surprised with the weak call against Lindy.

The fact for the most part, NAS fans aren't complaining about the refs, and Canucks fans aren't complaining about the refs tells us that the reffing is actually decent this series.

• Cheers 3

Well, so far in these playoffs, all of the Canucks players have come to play their best, except for the following:

Pettersson

Hoglander

Mikheyev

Suter

Di Giuseppe

IF...they get past Nashville (and I think they will), the Canucks are really going to need "the old" Petey against the Oilers. He needs to find that fire and determination. It looks like he's lost it, and his confidence. You shouldn't have asked for so much money Petey, the pressure is hurting your game. 

23 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

A 3 on 0 gang bang on Saros. 

• Haha 1