[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Byfuglien immediately comes to mind.  Canucks had no answer to that.  They eventually just let him do his thing in front of the net and had to try and focus on others.  Opened up a ton of room at the net for rebounds.

I thought of big Buff last night watching that too - a PP 2nd unit with Z and Joshua net front with Myers or Hronek blasting from the point... except I wonder if Hronek re hurt his shoulder cuz he isn't shooting much...

Joshua

Zads

Lindholm     Myers

Hronek 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

The fact for the most part, NAS fans aren't complaining about the refs, and Canucks fans aren't complaining about the refs tells us that the reffing is actually decent this series.

Well said.

Although, maybe that means we should be bitching :classic_wink:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

I thought of big Buff last night watching that too - a PP 2nd unit with Z and Joshua net front with Myers or Hronek blasting from the point... except I wonder if Hronek re hurt his shoulder cuz he isn't shooting much...

Joshua

Zads

Lindholm     Myers

Hronek 

Yeah I think Hronek is injured too. 

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

it was my first thought as well, when I saw it.... zero difference

Yep, in 2010 that would have been a clear no goal. But the rule was changed (I don't remember when) but about 5 years ago to be more generous in allowing goals off the skate. You're allowed to move your skate in an attempt to angle to puck into the net. Where the line between "kicking" and "moving your skate to angle the puck" is; I have no idea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yep, in 2010 that would have been a clear no goal. But the rule was changed (I don't remember when) but about 5 years ago to be more generous in allowing goals off the skate. You're allowed to move your skate in an attempt to angle to puck into the net. Where the line between "kicking" and "moving your skate to angle the puck" is; I have no idea

Distinct kicking motion which is where the debate starts. Thus if it goal is against TO or NYR then a slight twist of the skate blade would be enough to disallow the goal. However, if it was a goal to count against the Canucks then it would take a truly David Beckham type of striker motion to even begin the debate of whether there was a kicking motion or not.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Well, so far in these playoffs, all of the Canucks players have come to play their best, except for the following:

Pettersson

Hoglander

Mikheyev

Suter

Di Giuseppe

IF...they get past Nashville (and I think they will), the Canucks are really going to need "the old" Petey against the Oilers. He needs to find that fire and determination. It looks like he's lost it, and his confidence. You shouldn't have asked for so much money Petey, the pressure is hurting your game. 

Considering his 4th line role, I haven't been disappointed in PDG this series. He's made some plays defensively, including good contributions on PK.

Petey's line is what is keeping this series from being a total massacre of a sweep. If Petey was even 80% himself and there was a lot more of whipping out the Hog, these games wouldn't be close.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

That was such a BS rule change. Shouldn't be able to change the angle... any deliberate attempt to use the skate to put it in should be disallowed

• Cheers 3

I for one believe the Hockey Gods are smiling on us this time (or round at least - hey Kuku Paka Chicken). Yes, split second decision, game speed, not seeing the open man, etc., but if the pass goes over to the open Pred in front of the net on Main Street then game over (Petey on the backcheck played a huge part) ----- WooHoo, did I say how much I love this team even as a rabid and die-hard Canucks fan since I was 5!

image.png.e8ebef32b0311a10371ce5786912071b.png

Watching the game replay, doing a bit of work, watching the game replay, doing a bit of work .. rinse, repeat.

Go Canucks Go!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • chaos 3

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

I for one believe the Hockey Gods are smiling on us this time (or round at least - hey Kuku Paka Chicken). Yes, split second decision, game speed, not seeing the open man, etc., but if the pass goes over to the open Pred in front of the net on Main Street then game over ----- WooHoo, did I say how much I love this team even as a rabid and die-hard Canucks fan since I was 5!

image.png.e8ebef32b0311a10371ce5786912071b.png

Watching the game replay, doing a bit of work, watching the game replay, doing a bit of work .. rinse, repeat.

Go Canucks Go!

Saying my thanks to the Hockey gods this morning

and who is that guy back checking enough to cause a distraction and crooked shot?  I can see a 0 on the jersey but cant see the first digit 🫣

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kragar said:

That was such a BS rule change. Shouldn't be able to change the angle... any deliberate attempt to use the skate to put it in should be disallowed

I agree completely with that, but within the rules as they currently are, that's a legal goal

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I was just gonna type this reply too. 

Fun fact:  PDG is 3rd on the team in hits behind Zadorov and Joshua.  Surprising right?

He's playing his role well, and like you said, his PK contribution is helping.

Right. Perhaps less visible than his earlier time with the team in a top 6 role. Maybe that's why the other poster was critical of him? Anyhow, he's where he belongs in the bottom 6, and earning his keep.

Didn't know that about the hits... great news. I'm sure Tocc is happy with his play.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

and who is that guy back checking enough to cause a distraction and crooked shot?  I can see a 0 on the jersey but cant see the first digit 🫣

That was the Alien #40 Elias Petterson aka "Petey" ... Petey saved the day for us even though he didn't score I would say he "won" the game for us, or at the very least gave us the chance to do so. Petey "Back Check" Pettersson.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

EP40

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

agreed, it was disappointing that there was literally no response by teammates, coaches or officials to what was a blatant unsportsmanlike penalty. If I missed some form of reaction by the team or coaches etc than my bad. 

It was odd. It was like Hey Petey why didn't you stand up for yourself and provide a little pushback. From the refs view they're like well I'm not going to call anything if he's just going to fall over lol. Play on.

I don't think it warranted a response after Petey's initial lack of a response. They just knocked him off balance after all. :classic_laugh:

• ThereItIs 1