[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

Just now, The Duke said:

Cheech (on Donnie and Dhali) or Juice?  Someone?  Pointed out that with all the shots the Preds were blocking, the Canucks coaches did a great job setting up the overall strategy of getting it to Boeser in that position.  Brock (and Lindy) both made nice shots / efforts to finish off their chances. 

That face off play on first goal was amazing. Preds coverage was totally lost.

And watching O'Reilly (of all players) lose his coverage on Lindholm for OT winner adds a little special sweetness!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Nashville - 3rd goal pretty borderline 

my first thought was if that was a Canadian team they disallow it 

From the highlights, it doesn't look like there was a distinct kicking motion. It just looks like Forseberg's momentum pushed it to the net.

It's close but I think it's a good goal 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

1. We're not losing the series

2. Washing your hands when you sit beside each other and are sweaty, spitting, screaming, etc.?

Try to not take things too seriously after an epic win like this

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah. What a good player we obtained once we got past the injury. He truly makes a great defensive and strategic team even better. Plus he can produce offensively. Hopefully he just continues to get better and the injury does too.

On the other side Monahan and Toffoli are good for 1 goal and 1 assist combined while Lindholm has 2 goals and 1 assist, one goal being an OT winner, and the accompanying last second tying assist. Plus a key play to set up the winner in game 1. I'd say that trade is definitely working out.

Feels good that some of us didn't panic and stuck by the team, management, and the player. Shout out to @Devron for that too!

Lindy was always the best C or F available at the TDL, was just a matter of healing up. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Finish the series tomorrow night!  Any guesses on who the starting goalie is?

A sheet of plywood if it comes to that.

Apparently this guy is actively being pressed to sign for all the fish he could eat.

image.png.44d9adbf0d4e918319f95c99220c4dc0.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

A bit of luck, smart play, and digging really deep.

this is it. There's so much pressure in the playoffs that you can't ever quit. NSH cracked, we got a lucky bounce with that empty net post from Scissions, and the rest is now lore. 

But Nashville had the luck in their win. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

He said it would be DeSmith if he was ready to go. Based on general consensus though is that I'd be tempted to keep Silovs in net. If Boston can rotate then why can't we?

I think they really need to go with the more experience in a potential series ending game - Nashville is going to play desperate (especially after last game) and the extra experience should help. Silovs does seem well composed though so if DeSmith isn't close to 100%, I wouldn't be too worried.

• Like 1