[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's like me this morning on the drive in to work. Halford and Brough on the radio. Brough's an idiot, I've known that for awhile. Halford was talking about something entirely different re "tomorrow" and Brough chimed in with something to the effect of "like the Canucks losing".

Get behind the team. But no...it's edgier to predict failure...I'm sure he's used to it from his own experience in life.

I shut it off. 

It is not just them. Every Canucks media is predicting failure and sounding five alarm bells like we are down 3-1. 

Yes yesterday was not a good game by the Nucks but guess what they still won at their worst and the preds at their best. Chances are both gonna regress tomorrow. Canucks ain't gonna play that bad and preds ain't gonna play that well and if we already won at the extreme end, nothing suggest somehow the Preds is gonna demolish this team. 

Edited by 24K
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, swimmer said:

On the Petey situation, there have been a few times that his parents have been shown in the crowd. His father looks stoic, but his mother looks totally unhappy.

No animation from either one. Related?

Not been much to get excited about, though.  Unlike this .......

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Not been much to get excited about, though.  Unlike this .......

If I were Petey, I’ll ask my parents to quit coming to the live games. It doesn’t seem to be helping.

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

Playing at home, the pressure,I think you go veteran DeSmith for DeWin.

More pressure than playing for your country, against the USA, for a first in history medal, in your country's capital?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Hilarious stuff. But there's way too many ppl counting our chickens before they hatch right now. Remember 2003 anyone ?

Yes, I do remember.

I was absolutely sure that Canucks had that in the beg- because they won games 3 and 4 playing a boring Minnesota hockey.

It was a lesson that I learned and now all I am thinking of is tomorrow’s game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

It wasn't his leading skate that he kicked in with; it was the back skate. There are replays where it seems like a distinct kicking motion.

I thought it looked like a kicking motion too, but at what point a redirection becomes a kick remains a mystery to me.

6 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Yes, I do remember.

I was absolutely sure that Canucks had that in the beg- because they won games 3 and 4 playing a boring Minnesota hockey.

It was a lesson that I learned and now all I am thinking of is tomorrow’s game.

I remember that series well. Was at game 5 and career 4 liner Darby Hendrickson played like an all star

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

More pressure than playing for your country, against the USA, for a first in history medal, in your country's capital?

Maybe, maybe not. But good point partner. 

Edited by Rekker

23 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Funny thing was, Silovs was playing vs team USA which had Casey in net.  Lativia scored in OT beating DeSmiith.  Garland was playing for US too. 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/silovs-and-latvia-stun-team-usa-in-overtime-to-win-bronze-medal-7062216

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I think we’d be testing our luck to keep riding Silovs if DeSmith is healthy. The series can flip very quickly if the Preds win in Vancouver, thus why we should go with the veteran. Silovs will get his opportunity over the next few years.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Guntrix said:

I think we’d be testing our luck to keep riding Silovs if DeSmith is healthy. The series can flip very quickly if the Preds win in Vancouver, thus why we should go with the veteran. Silovs will get his opportunity over the next few years.

If ready deSmith is in. 

all 3 final goals. 

On the OT goal, BB caused a turnover on Forsberg in the neutral zone that lead to O zone cycle by Nux that eventually lead to the OT winner.  BB got off the ice for Garland, who then made that incredible pass. What a beast of a game by BB. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Here's a fact : 9 years ago Ian Cole lost 3 teeth and busted his lip from a slap shot taken by Josi...Josi busted up his ear from a shot taken my Ian Cole last night.

is that what happened? I thought Mike Tyson got to him.

• ThereItIs 1