[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I heard something about Hughes damaging someone’s ankle in last nights game. Don’t recall seeing it happen and haven’t found it on replays.

Anyone know of that happenstance and provide a time in the game?

Lol

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I heard something about Hughes damaging someone’s ankle in last nights game. Don’t recall seeing it happen and haven’t found it on replays.

Hughes is a phenom isn’t he? Best D man in the league. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Didnt really, just a great move that led to the tying goal.

https://www.instagram.com/canucksarmydotcom/reel/C6UyjwzPYsg

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

www.instagram.com/canucksarmydotcom/reel/C6UyjwzPYsg/

Once Nyqusit slid out, it was a 6 on 4. 

And the way Preds like to block, it was a 3 on 0 gang bang in front of Saros.  Big Z taking up space. 

The key was fast passing by EP to JT, and JT able to get the shot through.   

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is a phenom isn’t he? Best D man in the league. 

Just before the game tying goal, he paused behind the net to catch his second wind, then raced up the ice. Phenomenal player, the edges, the IQ, the skill, and he’s just getting started!

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

Just before the game tying goal, he paused behind the net to catch his second wind, then raced up the ice. Phenomenal player, the edges, the IQ, the skill, and he’s just getting started!

We’ve had great clubs before that came do very close to getting the Cup. But those clubs didn’t have a D man like Hughes. Now we have a great club and him. Special era in Canucks hockey is right now. Three Cups coming. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Didnt really, just a great move that led to the tying goal.

https://www.instagram.com/canucksarmydotcom/reel/C6UyjwzPYsg

Thanks for clarifying that. All I heard in passing on the radio was Quinn did in someone’s ankle and I thought I missed seeing  a shot of his from the point busting a pred’s ankle. 

Next game (tomorrow) he’ll get it done. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We’ve had great clubs before that came do very close to getting the Cup. But those clubs didn’t have a D man like Hughes. Now we have a great club and him. Special era in Canucks hockey is right now. Three Cups coming. 

I sure hope so! 

Edited by Johngould21
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Thanks for clarifying that. All I heard in passing on the radio was Quinn did in someone’s ankle and I thought I missed seeing  a shot of his from the point busting a pred’s ankle. 

Next game (tomorrow) he’ll get it done. Lol. 

Cheers!

Didnt bust any ankles, but broke a lot of Nashville hearts.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Once Nyqusit slid out, it was a 6 on 4. 

And the way Preds like to block, it was a 3 on 0 gang bang in front of Saros.  Big Z taking up space. 

The key was fast passing by EP to JT, and JT able to get the shot through.   

That goal was setup by the previous one, which is, of course setup by the pp setup the Canucks employ.  On the 3-2 goal, everyone in the building thought JT was shooting that puck and when he passed it to EL and they svored, it added that new wrinkle. 

On the 3-3 goal, you could see the Preds spread out to take that play away, which opened up this lane for the shot, deflection and rebound for Boeser.

• Cheers 1

Donnie was on Canucks Central this evening. He says whenever the season ends don't be surprised that Petey has been playing hurt.

Which makes me wonder. Once the team clinched, why didn't they get Petey to rest and rehab as best they could until the playoffs?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That goal was setup by the previous one, which is, of course setup by the pp setup the Canucks employ.  On the 3-2 goal, everyone in the building thought JT was shooting that puck and when he passed it to EL and they svored, it added that new wrinkle. 

On the 3-3 goal, you could see the Preds spread out to take that play away, which opened up this lane for the shot, deflection and rebound for Boeser.

The OT goal was created by Forsberg blowing the zone early and O’Reilly losing Lindy. Although Lindy was actually Forseberg’s responsibility. Cheating the game by their guys (Horfat Wallet level of cheating) looking for glory set up that winner for us.