[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

MikeyD

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Dreadful game by us all game long, the Preds played with great structure in the neutral zone and won just about every puck battle and we generated zilch all game long. We've been the worse team in the last 2 games get find a way thanks to top end talent.

Obviously Brock was massive tonight and has been all playoffs, he had potential to disappear but played a monstrous game. Miller with some very nifty passes and shots as well. Suter could have scored 2 but just isn't good enough to be on a top line.

Petey with another sad game, left his man alone at the point on the first goal against and just generated nothing. I think we should put him on the wing somewhere on our lineup because he's just not looking good with all that extra defensive responsibility as a center. Hoglander and Mikheyev had some nice grinding shifts and chances but nothing amazing.

I thought Garland, Joshua and Lindholm sucked all night long, one of their worst games in a while, then they go out and get a classic grinding cycle bump out front goal to win the game.

Our 4th line was our best line all game, PDG, Lafferty and Blueger were the only ones who generated chances out of nothing and won their fair share of puck battles.

On defence we were fairly tidy apart from a few odd man rushes against which all came from us unable to get through the neutral zone. Hughes looked gassed and was dominated all night, then makes a play like that at the end to clear the empty bet crease and put Nyqvist to sleep to tie the game. Hronek had a decent game apart from that stumble which lead to the 3rd goal. Cole, Myers, Zadorov and Soucy were all extremely solid.

Silovs looked more steady than DeSmith to be honest, he didn't give up as many rebounds and looked much calmer so I'd honestly start him for the next game. He faced far harder shots against than Casey. I had a feeling one of these inexperienced goalies could take the ball and run with it and every now and then you hear of a rookie going on a mad run, and I think Silovs could do just that.

On the whole, dreadful game by us but our quality came out on top and somehow unravelled the Preds. Up 3-1 is massive, let's close this out at home and get some much needed rest.

They don't write all this in the foot notes though. 

Doesn't matter....what matters? 

A     W

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

You only need to watch first minute and last five 

Absolutely. The game's like a 3-day sliced bread stuck between juicy two beef patties.

• Like 1