New entrance song suggestion

Canuckfanforlife82

10 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

(Warmup song) I know Coldplay might not really fit for hockey but I thought this song for a warmup song would be great. Sort of has that where the streets have no name vibe. 

Allvin and the Chipmunks do "Where the Streets have no Name" ? 

I stopped at the intro....   😆

34 minutes ago, Sativika said:

These guys are a bunch of shysters, but I dig anything heavy for an intro. It has to have energy. 

" 'Streets" evolved as the goal song organically during a time when the team was elite and making long runs. 

We need to get into the post season so something like that can marinate itself to the top once again. 

Know SJ owns Metallica, which is too bad...they have so many great songs that have a pump up beat. 

AC/DC.. 

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin would be great though ... Given the Swedish connection, and well "Welcome to the land of the the ice and snow"  ... 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya I sort of laugh at the fact other teams couldn't come up with something different other than the towel wave. You couldn't be original and do something different?

Some of the traditions that other teams have created are cool (even if annoying), such as the goal announcement celebrations like the cannon (CBJ) or the bell (STL).  Some are just corny like the show they put on in Vegas for their entry, or the Sharks entrance through the open jaws (do they still do that?), but I guess they're entertaining for their local fanbase.  But at least they're all original.  Just like our towel wave for us (that has since been appropriated by other teams and given a different label). :classic_rolleyes:

Something like re-using a song someone else uses as their entry song though - who fucking cares?  It's not really a tradition-maker - the team didn't compose the song; they didn't even commission it.  Relatively speaking, stealing our towel wave tradition is far more egregious an issue than using a store-bought track.

27 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Who cares?  Other teams have used our towel wave.

24 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya I sort of laugh at the fact other teams couldn't come up with something different other than the towel wave. You couldn't be original and do something different?

14 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Some of the traditions that other teams have created are cool (even if annoying), such as the goal announcement celebrations like the cannon (CBJ) or the bell (STL).  Some are just corny like the show they put on in Vegas for their entry, or the Sharks entrance through the open jaws (do they still do that?), but I guess they're entertaining for their local fanbase.  But at least they're all original.  Just like our towel wave for us (that has since been appropriated by other teams and given a different label). :classic_rolleyes:

Something like re-using a song someone else uses as their entry song though - who fucking cares?  It's not really a tradition-maker - the team didn't compose the song; they didn't even commission it.  Relatively speaking, stealing our towel wave tradition is far more egregious an issue than using a store-bought track.

while the canucks' towel developed organically, it wasn't the original necessarily. the pittsburgh steelers came out with the terrible towel in 1975 and other rally towels can be traced to as early as the '40s. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

Living in Norway I have become a huge fan of these guys. This song get my blood boiling! normally not a fan of heavy metal but wow! 

Holy sh*t, man. That's like Billy Talent on steroids! I likes it. Not so much for anything Canuck, but on it's own? F*ckin' A, Bub!!!!

This topic cracks me up a little as there's so many different kinds of music and people's tastes vary so widely. I can't imagine ever reaching a consensus on something like this but it would be fun to try. Maybe take one submission max from all interested forum members then do a brackets comp or something to crown a champion?

Then, of course, the bigger challenge would be finding some way to get Canucks management to give our suggestion the time of day lol

I'd probably need a week to really dig into my library to come up with something that might resonate with a wider crowd than just me and my (imaginary) friends but, for now, I'll offer this...

My Last Attack - Holy Grail

(how do you insert a youtube video into a post reply?)

It might be over used now because of EA but the intro to Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief is top notch.

We've used this a couple of times for our hockey team but it can get wordy - Ready for War by T.Powell

Edited by futurefilm
Link