Lauzon hit on Petey

mmkk

This league will never adjust because .... they simply do not care/want to.

They call things so inconsistently and it's infuriating but...."it is what it is".

Imagine if Myers did that? He'd have the book thrown at him.

Dirty f'n Preds need to be the Deads tonight. Slam them at every opportunity and knock them right out of these playoffs. Then they can go be tough boys somewhere else. At the golf course. Go knock someone off the first tee - fill your boots fake tough guys. Love how they selectively target that stuff...Big Z should teach them some manners.

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

the sedins were tough as nails, they need to have a chat with EP 

It's a little silly to constantly slam the Sedins.

They were tough...they just weren't goofs. They played through all kinds of stuff and were excellent players. No need to do that sh. They also didn't lick anyone's face either so maybe you're focusing on the wrong side here. They played the game with integrity and that's ok.

They weren't fighters. Oh well. 

15 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Absolutely. One thing I've noticed, is the timing. They aren't doing ANYTHING when guys like Josuah, Miller, Zadorov or Myers are on the ice. What a bunch of yellow bellied sackless tool bags. 

If the refs did their damn jobs players wouldn't have to police the game and this BS would be cut out. Look at some of the hits in other series that go unpunished...

14 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

That's the issue, could have been a dangerous act on or result to Petey. The officials are there, to block any Canucks from initiating with the Preds right after as they celebrate but no official protects the player's safety or conduct of the game. 

Nothing came of it but more stress on Petey at the end of the day but there is a standard to uphold completely missed by those tasked to uphold it.

I was shocked not a single on of his teammates stood up for him...this league and players standing up for each other has gone by the way side.

We seen it all series Hughes and 40 been targeted and no one to deter it from happening.

Team just waiting till one or both players become hurt and unable to play instead of showing any team you mess with our top guys and you have to answer for it...

Instead we Charmin on!

16 minutes ago, Viking said:

I was shocked not a single on of his teammates stood up for him...this league and players standing up for each other has gone by the way side.

We seen it all series Hughes and 40 been targeted and no one to deter it from happening.

Team just waiting till one or both players become hurt and unable to play instead of showing any team you mess with our top guys and you have to answer for it...

Instead we Charmin on!

There can also be something to be said for being disciplined and turning the other cheek. It was a penalty missed by officials, an example of game management, but the officials job is to also protect the players just like a goaltender losing his helmet or etc. That was an error on the in game officials, its past now anyways though.

The fact Petey may drop easily has zero to do with it as some seem to dismiss what happened as Petey needing to be prepared for the cheap shot and stand up for himself. Not the point at all.

I have real concerns about Hughes and his durability. His breakout speed and comfort in handling the puck has been diminished. Get this series done with and get him some rest. He is a real concern for an injury that makes him unable to play.

Petey needs to get used to playoff hockey. keep your head up, always brace for a hit... and hit back.

tough teams win the cup... and tough teams are not teams that where half the roster goes out there to protect the other half. tough teams is everyone holds their own ground.

just my 2 cents.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Viking said:

Instead we Charmin on!

in my opinion this is the modern way of looking at things at life.

why is the expectation that someone needs to protect you? not to get off-topic but that's how life seems to be that day.

what happened to standing up for yourself? petey's a star player, highly paid player... i want to see that Nathan McKinnon, JT Miller, Brad Marchand, Steven Stamkos, Nikita Kucherov like fire in him to not put up with ****. What do you think any of those guys would've done if they would've been hti like that? they're not big guys either but i guarnatee you they wouldn't be thinking "oh is Zadarov on the ice? did he see this?"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Viking said:

Instead we Charmin on!

Have you heard of instigator penalties? Realistically, fighting serves a VERY limited purpose. You take yourself out of the game for five minutes for fighting, or you could risk injury, or you could take an extra two minutes for instigating.

Old time hockey is gone - and maybe that's for the best. Don Cherry is an iconic figure - I hesitate to use the word 'legendary' - but his inability to adapt to the times is why he's a dinosaur. His opinions and views of the game are long past. The so-called "Good Canadian Boy" is a myth because it could be anyone - not just a white dude. That said, I admire his love for the country and his contributions to the game of hockey. He deserves to be recognized. That's the extent of his relevance today.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Canuck-Oni said:

He should be expecting it though. He`s been cheap shot before, and it`s the playoffs. Teams will take any chance they can get to lay a little extra pain and suffering. Petey needs at least be aware that there are 5 larger pumped up guys barreling towards him.

He was dejected and pouting with his head down heading to the bench after being scored on.

Its playoffs...players should always be engaged with the play, whether or not the whistle has blown, or the puck is in your vicinity or a goal had been scored.

I for one, still think its a cheap shot, but those have and will continue to always happen in the playoffs.

I miss pissed off angry petey spitting out curses and yelling after a goal is scored as opposed to the sad looking fellow who got bowled over.

Hughes were sandwiched and it could have been the end of the game for him. 
Should Hughes have instigated a fight also? 

Our small players only has one chance and that is that Zad and Myers sandwich Josi instantly afterwards.

15 hours ago, Fan Abroad said:

Funny with all your reactions because Brendan Morrison said he laughed and said that is playoff hockey. Then, Jovo agreed with him. It worked for Lazoun because Petey needed to be talked to as he sheepishly went back to the bench and then played scared for many shifts after. Canucks need a Lazoun. 

Still a penalty any day of the week and should have been called as one.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Viking said:

Instead we Charmin on!

I've been noticing possibly that it seems like EP is often left out of celebrations, goals. 

I noticed it last game a lot. The tying goal Zads had his back to him and EP was outside the circle...game winning goal nobody turned to EP and he was left on the bench.

I've noticed in other games as well. 

Anyone else, or is it just me old eyes playing tricks?

Posted (edited)

I see both sides.

It was absolutely a penalty. Having said that - it is the playoffs lots of stuff gets overlooked.

I am floored that a grown adult takes that. Stand up for yourself and show some self respect. Garland would come up swinging. That guy is as tiny as he gets and pushes back when needed. I gain more respect for him everyday.

Edited by chris12345
  • Vintage 1

On 4/30/2024 at 12:16 PM, bh90 said:

in my opinion this is the modern way of looking at things at life.

why is the expectation that someone needs to protect you? not to get off-topic but that's how life seems to be that day.

what happened to standing up for yourself? petey's a star player, highly paid player... i want to see that Nathan McKinnon, JT Miller, Brad Marchand, Steven Stamkos, Nikita Kucherov like fire in him to not put up with ****. What do you think any of those guys would've done if they would've been hti like that? they're not big guys either but i guarnatee you they wouldn't be thinking "oh is Zadarov on the ice? did he see this?"

Look no further than Conor Garland. Courage of a lion.

• Cheers 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:56 AM, robr1can2 said:

And that's what you get from that illegal pilecdriver hit? You must be a troll.

It wasn't a piledriver... he was facing towards him so it's a tombstone 😜