[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

15 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Can't believe how pumped I am and its not even 9 o'clock in the morning!

After the dickheads attempt to injure Pettersson while he's in a position to score:

giphy.gif

Man I miss that Petey. This, if attempted now, would result in a bobbled puck and falling down. Thing is, he will come around at some point, too much talent not to. Just need to keep pushing his way out of the slump.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see us start Silvos tonight.

I'm kinda expecting the Preds to crash the net more looking for lose pucks and garbage goals.

Silvos is bigger and covers more of the net down low and his rebound control is also a little better.

The last thing we need is to put DeSmith in and have them crash the net and possibly re-aggravate his injury....or whatever he's dealing with.

Give DeSmith a little longer to fully recover...no need to take any chances when we're up 3-1 in the series.

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Boston with a stranglehold on the series 

choking-caddie.gif

then you need a meme with Bob Barker wearing a Florida jersey pummeling Happy Gilmore

• ThereItIs 1

The preds commitment to their system has been admirable, I don't expect them to change it one bit. Only question for me is, can they maintain it with that crushing defeat? is it possible to put a game like that behind you in the playoffs?

First 10 minutes of this game should be a real show. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustRich said:

Anyone else have a good feeling about tonight? 🙂

Well, I well remember game 5 against Nash in 2011. I remember how deeply I was disappointed. Maybe, just maybe, that extra energy Canucks spent in game 6 +travel  played some part in the fact that Canucks run out of gas in the final.

So, I am confident that this edition of the team won't repeat 2011 mistake.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The preds commitment to their system has been admirable, I don't expect them to change it one bit. Only question for me is, can they maintain it with that crushing defeat? is it possible to put a game like that behind you in the playoffs?

Got to think they'd be shaken. Having a 3-1 lead with less than 4 minutes left, and then hitting that beautiful post. They completely blew it. That would be a tough one to just forget and move on from while having to play in Vancouver in a building full of crazy loud Canucks fans. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If we score first, that should do it to smother all their hopes. 

Do what we did in game 1 and 4 but at the start rather than the end. Also helps to limit Hughes exposure if we are in the lead. Myers and General Zadorov can destroy the Preds goons.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1
  • MillerTime 1