[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

I remember seeing it once. Can't remember when. Maybe the bubble.

Yeah, I remember one case of it too. Canucks were still playing one round in bubble, and another series in next round had started, I think.

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Hearing some others, mainly local media, saying that Petey might be playing banged up and that's why he's not producing. I hope this isn't going to be an excuse, because every player on the Canucks is probably banged up. Some more so than Pettersson I would imagine. Look at the beating Hughes is receiving, and he's still finding ways to battle, get out of trouble and make brilliant passes.

Embrace the pain Petey

He must've gotten banged up 17 games ago then, as he has one goal since. 

If he's been playing hurt and not telling anyone, then that's a big no-no. He hasn't look like himself for a while, and I don't understand why he wouldn't get rested coming down the stretch of the season. Pretty frustrating to watch him be so disengaged. Hopefully he can magically get it going tonight and make an impact. A win would give us a week off to rest, which would be so huge.

41 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Orrr.. the accidental butt end to the family jewels will do in a pinch. The force of the blow is intensified by one of the Preds on his own teammate.

Yes, yes, yes!  The oft-ignored butt end. 

Leave an inch or so sticking out when taping up the 'knob'. 

That way your hand doesn't slide on the stick and more intense contact can be directed at the dickhead(s).

Bonus: the refs find it difficult to see as your glove will cover most of it.

Other targets include the little ribs at the bottom of their cage, and the kidneys on either side of the lower back.

When players are pushing their gloves up in the faces, throats, necks, ears, eyes, et cetera, we should make sure that The Little Butt-End* is making himself known in a painful but unpenalized manner.  (*Not referring to Garland; just making shit up here, lol.)

Another tool is the exemption on high-sticking or the like for the "shot follow-through".

Make like you are shooting and follow through the dickhead's head.

Etc.  I am sure that A Foote and R Tocchet know these things and many more.

Let's see at least one of the Double Dickheads fall to the ice in pain on that type of hits if they dare continue that shit.

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Hearing some others, mainly local media, saying that Petey might be playing banged up and that's why he's not producing. I hope this isn't going to be an excuse, because every player on the Canucks is probably banged up. Some more so than Pettersson I would imagine. Look at the beating Hughes is receiving, and he's still finding ways to battle, get out of trouble and make brilliant passes.

Embrace the pain Petey

I don't think he's hurt. Maybe a wrist injury which would explain the lack of shot attempts. He's falling down more than ever. Hate to say it but he looks weaker than ever. I think he dropped the ball with his summer training and it's caught up to him. He's a pro, he's a competitor, he's young. It happens, and I suspect it won't happen again. The look on his face looks almost like guilt. Guilt that he didn't put the right effort in last summer. Of course, speculation on my part 

11 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I don't think he's hurt. Maybe a wrist injury which would explain the lack of shot attempts. He's falling down more than ever. Hate to say it but he looks weaker than ever. I think he dropped the ball with his summer training and it's caught up to him. He's a pro, he's a competitor, he's young. It happens, and I suspect it won't happen again. The look on his face looks almost like guilt. Guilt that he didn't put the right effort in last summer. Of course, speculation on my part 

He is playing a lot like when he started the season with lingering wrist issue 2 years ago.

He seems to let that seep into all aspects of his game.

Seems to me that there have been some hints that there might be some off ice issues similar to Brock the last couple of years (my conjecture not anything overtly out there).

That or like so many elite scorers he is streaky and goes on long cold streaks.

oh my finally gameday.....This is IT we are not gonna get a better oportunity to clinch this series. coming of a comeback that put their confidence down, homecrowd cheering u on, win or die....they are gonna be desperate and if we keep our composure we can take advantage of all of this. God i love Playoffs!  LETS END THIS NOW!!!! GCG!!!!

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Seems to me that there have been some hints that there might be some off ice issues similar to Brock the last couple of years (my conjecture not anything overtly out there).

Conjecture? For sure, same here. I don't like accusing someone of something when really, I have no clue. Can only go by what I see, the man is falling down a lot, more than ever, he's slower, and actually even looks winded at times. Conjecture? Looks like crap training to me. Not judging. Young, rich, handsome, famous? Yikes!? I can't imagine the distractions and it can happen to the best of them.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's a move that makes sense, if DeSmith is even questionably healthy it gives him time to recoup and if Silovs flubs it we can easily go back to the experienced vet in DeSmith.

It's not as if it'd be great to go up against the Oil or Kings with Silovs and Tolopilo.

Oh absolutely. Hoping Demko is back (and stays back) for second round.

• Huggy Bear 1