[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Brunette really has done an amazing job with this team.

They are tough to play against for a team that thin up front.

yep, which is why we should expect to see the exact same effort and moves tonight. The Preds don't have another plan or another gear. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nobigneil said:

Fun fact, it was his birthday for game 4. What a birthday gift from the Canucks!

karma for the Petey cheapshot.

Hope he gets embarrassed tonight

• Like 2

The way the last game was played must leave Nashville totally confused. How do you strategize your next move. They played us hard and we turned up the jets for 5 minutes and win. I realize some luck was involved. But they had a lucky bounce on their 3rd goal.

That's hockey. I think we end it tonight.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Canucks have to come out all engines blazing. Every member of the team has to be committed to burying the Preds. Every single one. Pettersson? Paging Elias Pettersson. Your time is now, kid. 

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Trotz & Co. have found the best version of the Preds, they aren't going to switch their commitment to how they've been playing. 2 or even 3 guys on our best players, blocking shots like it feels good. They aren't going to deviate. 

Which I think provides us with an opportunity if we can generate a bit more quickness. 

Man I hope Petey finds his shot tonight. 

Yeah, I see the negativity and the inability of people to acknowledge the good things he is doing and his game has improved on the road but he is absolutely one of those players Tocchet is trying to get to dig deep and leave it all out on the ice.

It would come as no surprise at all to see him snipe a goal in tonight or end the game with multiple points. Its coming, no reason to believe otherwise. Let's go Canucks!!!!!

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yep, which is why we should expect to see the exact same effort and moves tonight. The Preds don't have another plan or another gear. 

absoloutely

but it must be so disheartening for the Preds knowing they're giving it their all and they're still down 3-1. I'm curious to see how they respond today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe King said:

The way the last game was played must leave Nashville totally confused. How do you strategize your next move. They played us hard and we turned up the jets for 5 minutes and win. I realize some luck was involved. But they had a lucky bounce on their 3rd goal.

That’s exactly it. Both teams play just as they have. We lost a game and I felt we were the better team so I wanted us to just stick with it. You gotta think Nashville feels similar. 

• Cheers 1

Win 4 is always a tough one. Hopefully they dig deep again and put it away. It is another one of those "tested in the playoffs" aspects to get under their belts. Hopefully, the absolute rush from the Game 4 events will propel them.

It'll be interesting to see what Tocchet and staff have come up with to deal with their forecheck and all the breakout problems it's caused.  They seem to have developed a plan to deal with the shot blocking so this is the next nut they need to crack.  The stakes are pretty high with the beating Hughes has been taking.

9 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Tocc's cat-and-mouse game over who will be between the pipes whether intentional or not, hinders Nashville's pre-scout preparation. 

I dont think the prefs care who's in net, nor do I think they'll alter their game plan for a goalie.  They are going to come out and hit everything that moves, make Hughes life miserable and try to the Canucks to open up 

20 minutes ago, Joe King said:

If Nashville overthinks it too much that could backfire on them. They did most things right last game and they honestly win that game 9 out of every 10 times. If they overthink it and try to change too many things to “improve what they did wrong” when it’s not needed that might actually hurt them.

• Cheers 2

Sadly I have to work tonight, so I will be listening to Batch and DVRing the game to watch tomorrow.  I was thrilled to see that NHL network used Batch's call over the replays of the comeback, his calls were so exciting.  

One other note on Silovs vs Casey, I suspect there is less of a prescout  book on Arty than there is on Casey.

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I'm okay with whoever is in net.

The guys are going to open up tonight and give him some run support

Foot/ jugular/ keep

I dont think so, Im just hoping they play with more energy and whatever plagued the in Nashville has passed.

I expect them to be as defensive as ever, that's what got them here