[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

All those open shots we should taken instead of that slap pass crap bit them in the ass. Nashville played a simple game, when they got a shot they took it. Get shots on net, none of that ring around the rosey trash Tochett has been preaching

3 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Especially after he said they’ll win in the second intermission. Idiot takes a dumb penalty.

Yeah, that was a terrible, terrible penalty 

I find our bar for Petey keeps adjusting - now it's like as long as he's actually shooting then he's good. We need him to make a difference and it just hasn't happened.  

For game 6, I'd start the normal but I also would load up the star players and play 2 lines and occasionally 3rd line and 4th line is stapled to the bench.  It is time to get desperate.   Can't hurt to try a new thing in the playoffs and throw in Podz in the line-up.  

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I can't wait to hear Tock-it explain why he let Petty play for 3 months like this when he's obviously injured.

He's not injured. This is just how he is now. Get used to it.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Mikeyev is not a top 6 player. Need to get rid of him in off season. Petey needs some players to play with.

Maybe he should earn the right to play with better players first by...you know...playing better.

The sky isn’t falling. I expected this to be a long series and it will be one. Remember, there’s 2 teams on the ice and nobody is going to steamroll the other the entire time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jesus.Can that useless fucking Petey line do one fucking thing.Theres no way this team gets by this team without 2 goddamn lines scoring in a game.Goals by a defenseman, ,no forwards. What crap.Also the garland line shut down th whole series.I have no faith at all to get thru.9 forwards doing dick all.There is not a team in the league that gets by with 3 forwards and a couple D scoring

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I can't wait until season's end to hear Tock-it explain why he let Petty play for 3 months like this when he's obviously injured.

You think he's injured? 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, coolboarder said:

For game 6, I'd start the normal but I also would load up the star players and play 2 lines and occasionally 3rd line and 4th line is stapled to the bench.  It is time to get desperate.   Can't hurt to try a new thing in the playoffs and throw in Podz in the line-up.  

Pretty hard to load a line of star players when we only have 2 star players.

Joshua has done nothing unfortunately. Really thought he'd thrive in the playoff environment. 

Miller got pretty quiet and wasn't doing a whole lot by the end of the game. Hoglander had a great first half and he also went quiet. Petey had his best game out of the last few, but still has way more to give. 

Defense was really solid and good job to Silvos. Our stars need to start scoring. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yeah, like fuck, adversity is meant to bring out the best in us.

And we are still 3 - 2 up in this series.

Our star player has 2 assists in four games. Zadorov has more goals than Petey. Why aren’t more people worried about him? This isn’t just this series. It’s been the last three months. This isn’t just a slump. He isn’t/haven’t been effective offensively at all.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

That was an amazing game imnsho

Clearly game 4 was a thing of legends and tonight was not the result we wanted but damn, I was on the edge of my seat all night.

Silovs is an absolute ice in his veins stud.

Big Z's goal was an absolute beaut.

Then, of course, Nashville showed us why they're not out golfing already and we didn't get the heroics or bounces we got last game.

Lots of posts. Lots of missed opportunities.

Two well-matched teams.

Can't wait for Friday!

Keep this amazing time of year comin' babies!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, German Canuck said:

Stop crying and see how it is

You're literally just trolling, it's very evident. The team didn't deserve to lose that, it was a very close game.

There was some favourable reffing for the Preds, especially in the 3rd period.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

This one’s on Tochett, he needs to find his fucking balls and challenge, that would have been overturned 

If they refused to call all of that crap the last 2 minutes why do you believe they would uphold a challenge ?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

We aren't going to win this series if this is how we are going to play. Too many no shows

I'd say Nashville has the upper hand now.  Really, this series should be over in favour if the Preds.  The Canucks have won completely against the flow of play 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I can't wait until season's end to hear Tock-it explain why he let Petty play for 3 months like this when he's obviously injured.

Makes zero sense, Tocchet literally gave Cole games off for maintenance and Lindholm was sat to heal. This idea he kept throwing Petey the friendly ghost out there but was okay resting Cole and Lindholm is silly.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

The sky isn’t falling. I expected this to be a long series and it will be one. Remember, there’s 2 teams on the ice and nobody is going to steamroll the other the entire time.

I'd say it's the overall poor play by the Canucks that is concerning.  Other than game 2, they've been dominated pretty thoroughly.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Makes zero sense, Tocchet literally gave Cole games off for maintenance and Lindholm was sat to heal. This idea he kept throwing Petey the friendly ghost out there but was okay resting Cole and Lindholm is silly.

You are going to be real disappointed when you find out he's not injured and just flat out not moving his feet

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wing said:

I find our bar for Petey keeps adjusting - now it's like as long as he's actually shooting then he's good. We need him to make a difference and it just hasn't happened.  

Or as long as he kills penalties. Was that what he was drafted for? Penalty killing? Lowered expectations.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd say Nashville has the upper hand now.  Really, this series should be over in favour if the Preds.  The Canucks have won completely against the flow of play 

Haha Holy shit, your takes are probably the worst I have ever read. I'm starting to think your "high" end hockey you played was peewee. Apparently the team down 3-2 in the series now has the upper hand!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dude said:

Jesus.Can that useless fucking Petey line do one fucking thing.Theres no way this team gets by this team without 2 goddamn lines scoring in a game.Goals by a defenseman, ,no forwards. What crap.Also the garland line shut down th whole series.I have no faith at all to get thru.9 forwards doing dick all.There is not a team in the league that gets by with 3 forwards and a couple D scoring

Miller was probably the worst player on the ice tonight.  How about spreading the hate around. 

• Haha 1