[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

3 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Joshua has done nothing unfortunately. Really thought he'd thrive in the playoff environment. 

Miller got pretty quiet and wasn't doing a whole lot by the end of the game. Hoglander had a great first half and he also went quiet. Petey had his best game out of the last few, but still has way more to give. 

Defense was really solid and good job to Silvos. Our stars need to start scoring. 

Dak done nothing? Did you miss the first game?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

He's not injured. This is just how he is now. Get used to it.

Not a chance in hell.  There's something wrong with EP.  He can't even play a single shift without falling.    That is not the EP we know.  He's broken.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say Nashville has the upper hand now.  Really, this series should be over in favour if the Preds.  The Canucks have won completely against the flow of play 

Yep.  I'm concerned 

• Vintage 1

The Canucks just aren’t playing well enough offensively right now, Zadorov shouldn’t be the only goal scorer tonight.

Our roster is far better than there roster on paper.

• Vintage 1

Just now, J-23 said:

The Canucks just aren’t playing well enough offensively right now, Zadorov shouldn’t be the only goal scorer tonight.

No adjustments by the coaching staff is a real concern. Especially on the pp 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say it's the overall poor play by the Canucks that is concerning.  Other than game 2, they've been dominated pretty thoroughly.

Ya well we are also playing without a second line. Hoggies been bad, Mik can’t score. Petey can’t stay on his skates. 0 offense from that line is going to cost this team. I hope Tochett is blunt with Petey in what he needs to improve on in the off-season. He’s got a ton of things to work on.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

A bit disappointed as thought the Canucks should have went all in today but seemed a little reserved - was outplayed a bit in the second.  Glad they have that extra day to re-focus on Friday.  Don't really want to go to seven - so we will see what they can come up with in terms of strategy in game 6.  Probably need to spend some time on the game tapes to see what the Predators are doing as I don't think the fore-check has been great at all.  Tocchet and his assistants should remind them the difficulty in winning the 4th game - show more desperation next outing. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Makes zero sense, Tocchet literally gave Cole games off for maintenance and Lindholm was sat to heal. This idea he kept throwing Petey the friendly ghost out there but was okay resting Cole and Lindholm is silly.

I'll bet $5 bucks they'll admit to some injury or post season surgery to repair something after their playoff run is over.   He's not normal - and I'm not saying that because he's swedish, looks like E.T. or plays like Bambi.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Well is it though? No second line right now.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Haha Holy shit, your takes are probably the worst I have ever read. I'm starting to think your "high" end hockey you played was peewee.

Apparently the team down 3-2 in the series now has the upper hand!

Which team has dominated 4 of the 5 games?  It's not sustainable to keep winning against the flow of the game the way they have been.  

Now, they're going into Nashville with the preds having the momentum, after dominating the Canucks for 7-8 of the last 9 periods 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Or, maybe the fact the Canucks can’t score ??

Lindholm hand pass boeser petey and Hughes all hooked down Joshua to the box for literally pushing a guy forsberg diving all game…. Hard to score when refs don’t call the clutching grabbing and hooking on you but give you penalty’s for breathing on guys

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Haha Holy shit, your takes are probably the worst I have ever read. I'm starting to think your "high" end hockey you played was peewee. Apparently the team down 3-2 in the series now has the upper hand!

Upper hand?

We have to win one...they have to win 2.

Math clearly isn't the strong suit there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

No adjustments by the coaching staff is a real concern. Especially on the pp 

Powerplay needs revamping. I thought we'd see Z out there screening the goalie, draw two guys in and get shots from the point. PP was terrible tonight. They play good 50% of the game though 5 on 5. Sadly a huge improvement on the last game only played - 10 mins. Should've been up 3-0 in the first 30 mins 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Another lesson learned - closing out takes an extra gear. Hopefully taken to heart and come out hard in G6

@Home fans: please cease the negative chanting that trolls the opposition’s goalie. It actually fired-up his teammates & this is a tactic which often backfires,…as it did again, tonight.

^IMO - THAT was this game’s TSN turning-point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Which team has dominated 4 of the 5 games?  It's not sustainable to keep winning against the flow of the game the way they have been.  

Now, they're going into Nashville with the preds having the momentum, after dominating the Canucks for 7-8 of the last 9 periods 

What are you talking about? Canucks owned Nashville that game, if it wasn’t for the scripted reffing that game woulda ended 1-0 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stawns said:

No team dominated games 1 or 5. Canucks dominated game 2, Preds dominated game 4. Game 3 was not dominated either way, Canucks carried 2 of 3 periods and then the Preds carried the play in the 3rd.

But please, keep trying to make it seems like the Preds have the upper hand in a series they are down 3-2, you're really good at it!

Edited by greenbean30
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure you're clear on what the word dominating means.

What a load of crap.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

No team dominated games 1 or 5. Canucks dominated game 2, Preds dominated game 4. Game 3 was not dominated either way, Canucks carried 2 or 3 periods and then the Preds carried the play in the 3rd.

But please, keep trying to make it seems like the Preds have the upper hand in a series they are down 3-2, you're really good at it!

I wouldn't bother any more.

This is someone who clearly likes to just talk smack. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

@Home fans: please cease the negative chanting that trolls the opposition’s goalie. It actually fired-up his teammates & this is a tactic which often backfires,…as it did again, tonight.

^IMO - THAT was this game’s TSN turning-point. 

It might be fun, but the players have heard it all their career and isn't going to throw them off. I remember Hrudey I think it was talking about how it affected him and he said when focused on the game, he barely even noticed.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, The Aquaman said:

It’s all good guys, we are in the drive seat 3-2 series.

Breathe We Got This.

Legitimately the only stat the Canucks are winning right now is the series. I think people have a right to be concerned. Flat out Nashville should be up 3-2 if it wasn't for Boesers heroics. The truth is the Canucks have been the second best team in this series and are very lucky to be up 3-2. Honestly this series is most likely going 7 at this point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain insano said:

What are you talking about? Canucks owned Nashville that game, if it wasn’t for the scripted reffing that game woulda ended 1-0 

They definitely played well in the first, but after that, Nashville owned this game, as they've done pretty much every game in this series so far

• Haha 1

I'm an outlier here. I thought it was a pretty decent game. Two very strong defensive teams, with offensive talent. No question, our offense has to step up, because we're better there than the Preds. So good to see Hoglander busting his ass. Silovs was very good. And I thought Petey played well. He really needs a winger much better than Mikheyev.