[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators, Rogers Arena, Apr 30 7PM PST (10PM EDT), the Let's Bury Them Today Game!

Rocket-68

Goalies! Goalies! Goalies!  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Tic Toc start in net tonight?

• Silovs
    • DeSmith
    • The Zamboni Driver - just to really add salt to the wound
    • Tolopilo

30 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't know who this kid is but for shit's sake; Sign him up !!!!

When the Canucks win tonight, someone should make a Wellness-Check call on this youtuber, "nuckhead", just to make sure he hasn't destroyed his place, and himself, while celebrating. 🥳

• Cheers 1

Was just thinking.

Game 4 - Tocchet tells Silovs he was starting in Nashville in his first ever playoff game. Silovs calmly commented, "It's time to shine", and then wins the game. 

That's pretty badass.  

I'd love to see Silovs take them all the way (or until Demko returns)

• Like 1
  • chaos 1
  • Desmenko 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Excellent !! Really liked his composure and though didn’t face a ton of high quality shots, seems to have better rebound control. Covers the net better with his size and playing out high, not getting caught cheating into the net, and has that cool Demko-like calm composure, even after letting a goal in. Feel very confident with him in.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like Laffs and PDG are more or less the same player? I would like to see Podz instead of one of them. Or maybe in place of Mikheyev, with an idea that if they need to drop him down, Laffs or PDG could slot up the linup tonight. Hrm, i wonder. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Excellent !! Really liked his composure and though didn’t face a ton of high quality shots, seems to have better rebound control. Covers the net better with his size and playing out high, not getting caught cheating into the net, and has that cool Demko-like calm composure, even after letting a goal in. Feel very confident with him in.

It's a move that makes sense, if DeSmith is even questionably healthy it gives him time to recoup and if Silovs flubs it we can easily go back to the experienced vet in DeSmith.

It's not as if it'd be great to go up against the Oil or Kings with Silovs and Tolopilo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Hearing some others, mainly local media, saying that Petey might be playing banged up and that's why he's not producing. I hope this isn't going to be an excuse, because every player on the Canucks is probably banged up. Some more so than Pettersson I would imagine. Look at the beating Hughes is receiving, and he's still finding ways to battle, get out of trouble and make brilliant passes.

Embrace the pain Petey

• Vintage 1

This year's Canucks are a special team. I have a better feeling about them than any in the last 53 years.

The 4th win of any playoff series is the hardest one. I am confident that this team can do it tonight.

Petey, please skate hard and shoot fast.

Canucks 4-1, Petey the winner

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Hearing some others, mainly local media, saying that Petey might be playing banged up and that's why he's not producing. I hope this isn't going to be an excuse, because every player on the Canucks is probably banged up. Some more so than Pettersson I would imagine. Look at the beating Hughes is receiving, and he's still finding ways to battle, get out of trouble and make brilliant passes.

Embrace the pain Petey

bumps and bruises is one thing, but if its a wrist injury that affects his shot and his confidence in shooting, he can't just "suck it up".

Which brings me around to.....why hasn't his wrist been properly taken care of yet?  He's had a taped wrist now for what?...3 seasons?   Why hasn't this injury been healed properly during the offseasons?  Or if he needs surgery to really fix it.....get the surgery (not right now of course).

But honestly, I think its 99% in his head. I just hope he gets a few good bounces to help him out tonight to get back to the level we are used to seeing

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Embrace the pain Petey

Exactly. Although I'm not holding my breath that he will. You know Hughes is, Miller is, Boeser most definitely is. 

• Cheers 1