Tocchet Coaching: Good and Bad

-Buzzsaw-

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pianoman said:

What is your evidence for thinking tocchet is starting to lose the room? Just a guess? I see that as ridiculous. I do not think the challenge would have worked, and neither did the video coaches, which is what they told Tocchet. No point challenging if you are just going to loose. It was a tie game, Canucks were looking good. It just blows my mind how you can say he might be losing the room because he didn’t challenge a play that wasn’t going to win anyway. 

The fact I said I think means there is no evidence. Just my hunch. 

My hypothesis is based on how the players are pretty much repeating the same things over and over again feeling like they are not doing what Tocchet is telling them. 

I don't think it is a large issue or even an issue but at some point Tocchet need to start backing up his players. If his players say they feel interfered with, turning the other cheek constantly is going to frustrate them real fast. Like I said, it is kind of also a slap to the face to the pk. It is an anti-endorsement to his pk players. 

Treat my statement more like a warning than anything concrete. 

Also I am on the record saying it was right not to challenge that goal as Zadorov hit give enough plausibility that his hit was what caused Nyquist to have enough momentum to push Silvos and the puck into the net. 

Edited by 24K

26 minutes ago, 24K said:

The fact I said I think means there is no evidence. Just my hunch. 

My hypothesis is based on how the players are pretty much repeating the same things over and over again feeling like they are not doing what Tocchet is telling them. 

I don't think it is a large issue or even an but at some point Tocchet need to start backing up his players. If his players says they feel interfered with, turning the other cheek constantly is going to frustrate them real fast. Like I said, it is kind of also a slap to the face to the pk. It is an anri-endorsement to his pk players. 

Treat my statement more like a warning than anything concrete. 

Also I am on the record saying it was right not to challenge that goal as Zadorov hit give enough plausibility that his hit was what caused Nyquist to have enough momentum to push Silvos and the puck into the net. 

Fait enough. I get what you are saying. However, I think it’s a bit of a different mentality that Tocchet is going for, that as a team we can overcome anything and not look to the refs to bail us out or look for excuses. He believes in the team to be able to push back and get the next one, unless the video review guys are certain it will be overturned