[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Everyone was trying to be to pretty. 

Put the puck on net. 

That's what big Z did.  They need to try that more often.  Saro is short. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

No more excuses or sugar coating.  Petey needs to fucking show up.  Even at a 7m cap hit he's not pulling his weight at all.

He is looking like a clown now with all that I want to play on a winning team while he is playing like crap.

Now to be fair, his line mates are probably playing worse. This is where not getting Toffoli really hurt us. 

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Well it's financially beneficial for the league if the series were stretched out for more games. 

It just takes one person to investigate this corruption and it will all blown open for the world to see.  So far, nothing because nobody cares about hockey down in the south of the border.  Other sports can't do that like the NHL did and they have caught a few, in basketball. and baseball but not hockey so far.

Question: Why is that when there is a goal and it wasn't called, Toronto blows the horn. 

But

When a player shoves a goalie  and causes the puck to cross the line. There is no horn. 

Makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Let me guess...he's injured.

No he's not built for playoff type hockey. And I am really getting tired of the slap pass and shooting wide hoping for tips. PUCK'S ON NET BOYS.

1 minute ago, Plsdontdoit said:

What's more embarrassing losing this series after a 3-1 lead or losing to coilers after going 4-0 in the reg 

More embarrassing is being you. As the old saying goes, it’s always better to shut up and only look dumb than to open your mouth and remove any remaining doubt…

• Vintage 1

Just now, Slegr said:

Five games now, and we still haven’t had more power plays than Preds in any of the games. I wonder if any other playoff team has experienced that? And we just come to accept it, starting each game with a kid waving a white towel on a stick at centre ice.

We're complete idiots though. Sticks to the face, blatant holding, shooting it over the boards. That's hockey. Timing is everything.

One thing that occurs to me is that we're slow. That's why we can't get free and shoot the puck.

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

4-0 vs Edmonton bro. They are easy to neuter. 

Stupid comment... the way Edmonton is playing compared to the Canucks it would be over in 4.... with the Oilers moving on.

There is no comparison with the way McDavid, Draisaitl and crew are throwing the puck around and scoring.

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

INchl31J?format=jpg&name=small

So much of this shit wasn't called. I'm not saying the officiating was tilted but mistakes, ya.....

Difference is petey doesn't go down like he was shot, grabbing his back. Maybe he should....

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, Bures Elbow said:

They're in huge trouble, especially if Edmonton wins tomorrow and gets the rest they need. Game 4 was a complete fluke; Nashville played well enough to win that game.

Nah.  Just enjoy the ride.  It's playoffs.  LA can win next game. Been watching since 1980s.  It's the beauty of the game. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

What's more embarrassing losing this series after a 3-1 lead or losing to coilers after going 4-0 in the reg 

We have built in excuse to lose to the Oilers without Demko. Losing this series would be way more embarrassing. 

Edited by 24K

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I've been wanting that line at times all year!

I have been calling for that lineup for so long! Need to get EP going and the Lindholm can shut down their one line, completely freeing up the Garland line

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Stupid comment... the way Edmonton is playing compared to the Canucks it would be over in 4.... with the Oilers moving on.

There is no comparison with the way McDavid, Draisaitl and crew are throwing the puck around and scoring.

Oils don't have the physical checkers like Preds, nor their blue line or goalie.  

Oils don't worry me.  Getting through this round is important check point for this group.  Playoffs are tough.  That's why it matters so much.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

RT is the most stubborn coach out there.. what made vancouver successful this year?? garland bluegar joshua.. they barely played together since joshua came back from that injury.. bluegar is just fine defensively and on the faceoff.. so why he refuse to just stick EP with lindholm and let them at it is beyond me.. EP success over the years looking back is if there's a 2nd playmaker on the line because that also opens up his shot.. there isn't one.. all i see every game is 2 nashville close up and double team him whenever he gets the puck.. might as well put the lotto line together and let them at it.. it's not like suter is doing all that much there.. and the ep line really isn't doing much.. or stick lindholm with EP and reunite the 3rd line.. like shake things up.. the only change we have made the entire series is either put laffety or mikheyev on the top 6.. neither is a top 6

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

We seem to have some kind of weird mirror image thing going on with the Leafs.

Leafs lost game 1.  We won game 1.

Leafts won game 2.  We lost game 2.

Leafs lost games 3 & 4.  We won games 3 & 4.

Leafs won game 5.  We lost game 5.

Keep an eye on what the Leafs do on Thursday and we should know what's going to happen with the Canucks on Friday.

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ribs said:

They need to score more, but not challenging that goal was a massive mistake. Even if it's 50/50 you need to have confidence in your PK.

Especially with how good PK has been this series

Shame, thought we played better, unlucky on the 1st goal, 2nd goal Silovs just missed it but credit to Saros for finally stealing them a game, we had a lot of decent chances in this to end it.

For what it's worth I thought Petey was great tonight, a lot better on ice, won more puck battles and got more shots away.

We looked the better team tonight but lose. Can't let this go to 7, Preds have a long home ice losing streak we have to keep going.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Hah. Where you from bro?