[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

Tochett Is getting Wille D levels of being outcoached this series. Extremely Concerning. I've never seen a coach bend over backwards like Rick does to defend poor officiating.  There has been a controversial goal per game this series infavor of Nashville. Nashville double our powerplays tonight and not even a mouses squeak out of Tochett. He's also got to give up control of the power play once again it was brutal. A lot of heat goes towards Pettey. I think a hell alot more of it should towards Tochett 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Tonight's loss is just a learning curve for our guys. Its harder to close out a series then you think. Learn from it. Move on. Finish them in front of their own weird fans. 

Edited by LionofJudah
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

Oils don't have the physical checkers like Preds, nor their blue line or goalie.  

Oils don't worry me.  Getting through this round is important check point for this group.  Playoffs are tough.  That's why it matters so much.  

Let me guess... you were the one who was saying the Preds would be easy.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

We have built in excuse to lose to the Oilers without Demko. Losing this series would be way more embarrassing. 

Non sense.   Using a rookie AHL goalie town games in a row and that's somehow no big deal?  Don't underestimate the opposition.  Preds got the D and grit and scores up front.   Nux played well enough and hence the 3-2 lead.  Got another chance to wrap it up next game.  

If not, then win it in game 7. I got 2 Tix for my parents.  

Just now, LionofJudah said:

Tonight's loss is just a learning curve for our guys. Its harder to close out a series then you think. Learn from it. Move on. Finish the them in front of their own weird fans. 

This all day long!

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It just takes one person to investigate this corruption and it will all blown open for the world to see.  So far, nothing because nobody cares about hockey down in the south of the border.  Other sports can't do that like the NHL did and they have caught a few, in basketball. and baseball but not hockey so far.

As what was said in the Halford and Brough podcast some months back. Canucks fans seem to wat to play the victim and think everything is a conspiracy. 

At the end of the day, the result of the series will rely on the Canucks' overall performance.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

More embarrassing is being you. As the old saying goes, it’s always better to shut up and only look dumb than to open your mouth and remove any remaining doubt…

Hey where are you set up in town for fortune telling? I'd like to know the future as well! 

Edit: are the Canucks winning the cup this year?

Edited by MikeyD

Still up in the series, zero reason to panic. Yes this was a missed opportunity. Just like it was in 2011 against Nashville. I know we all want the team to win, it’d be so great, but let’s just try to enjoy it. I’ve been bagging on EP as much  as anyone, but it’s not making me feel any better. I hope he finds his game, but if he doesn’t, oh well life goes on. I’m just so dang happy we’re back in a real playoff series for the first time in almost a decade! GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

He is looking like a clown now with all that I want to play on a winning team while he is playing like crap.

Now to be fair, his line mates are probably playing worse. This is where not getting Toffoli really hurt us. 

He needs to be held accountable because it’s been almost three months of crap play. It’s costing us. He scores one in this game it makes a big impact. He’s got nothing in 5. His teammates have nothing in 5. They are our second line. A lot of ice time with little production. He’s been really disappointing for three months. That’s an incredibly long time. 

• Cheers 1

Too many critical face offs lost tonight.  Seems like they were losing every draw while on the PK and on the PP.

Playing with the back up to the backup must psychologically influence them to be a little more conservative than they should be even thought the kid was solid.

Frustrating night, but they still have two more shots to close it out.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t think we change a thing. That was 2 really good teams laying it all on the line and someone had to win. Great Goalie Battle too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

If anything this is great experience for this group.  They'll learn how damn hard it is to close out a series.  Next time they're in game 5 while up 3-1 they'll learn to bury the other team.

• Cheers 1

Press worked hard and out skated us most of the game, we had our chances, saros was very good.

Hard to generate offense when you are beaten to the puck... 

Still confident... have to find that energy.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Zadorov throwing some truth bombs out in his postgame interview! I friggin love this guy so much!

Please be nothing about the refs please be nothing about the refs please be nothing about the refs...