[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

5 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

To be fair, I actually was concerned about the team’s performance in game 4, despite getting the desired result. 

Tonight? Not so much. Saros got some lucky breaks that we got late in game 4. 

I’m confident we’ll bounce back. Tocchet should make some adjustments though, like inserting Podkolzin in place of PDG and double-shifting Miller and Boeser, if necessary. It’s a bandaid solution, but should get us through to the next round. 

We need to get past the Concern Olympics. 

To be unfair, I'm not sold Podz is the saviour. You need run the horses that you know can win the race. 

Just now, 24K said:

No he didn't.  It was clear he was pushed either by the Preds or from Blueger hitting the Pred player and the fall pushed him back. 

He rolls back to find the puck behind him and he he does, he pushes the puck into the net.  Granted, a lot of things happened in that one second, but that puck would have gone in regardless imo.

They challenge that, lose and they've given up the tying goal on the pk and then are right back out for the pk.  You have to be pretty damn sure you're going to win to make that move.  Obviously the guys on the video duty didn't see it your way and they have the same video you saw 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

Next game play horrible and we might win cuz team that plays better lost every game 🙂 

Bizzaro Playoffs indeed 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Not denying the Refs made bad calls. But I also don't think there is some corrupt conspiracy for either the Refs against the Canucks or an intent for the league to extend the series or both.

At the end of the day Refs screw up because they are only human. They should be held accountable sure (and I believe the end of each season the Refs' performances are reviewed so, in theory, they do) but I don't think there is any malicious intent either by the league and the refs.  

Hence why I say our players are playing with too much integrity. Refs only see big movement as that catches the eye. This is why head snap, lying on the ice and crumbling down after a hit work so well. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 24K said:

Losing the challenge meant we would be down 2 men. 

If it was even strength then it would be worth it for the 50/50 challenge. 

There was still over 1:30 left too I think, so it could have been a very long 5 on 3

EDIT: Brain cramp - that made no sense.

Edited by CanuckDownUnder
correction
  • Confused 2

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

We need to get past the Concern Olympics. 

To be unfair, I'm not sold Podz is the saviour. You need run the horses that you know can win the race. 

I love Podz and I’d hardly call him the saviour, but I haven’t been happy with PDG or DJ this series, so I’m looking for a bit of a shakeup. That’s all. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Not getting Toffoli was probably the death kneel for Pettey's line. 

I was shocked at what Toffi signed for in MTL, I thought at least double that just for a starting number... 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, 24K said:

We would be down 2 men if we lost the challenge. Understand why. 

No we wouldn’t have?

Edited by J-23
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 24K said:

Hence why I say our players are playing with too much integrity. Refs only see big movement as that catches the eye. This is why head snap, lying on the ice and crumbling down after a hit work so well. 

It means Canucks Management need to hire an Acting Coach this comin offseason 🤣

50 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

I don’t agree that the goal would be overturned. Its easy to criticize Tocchet in hindsight, but he had faith we’d be able to score a second goal. Our top guys were no-shows offensively tonight. Pettersson is going to get A TON of blame

Tochet just being realistic about all levels of the officiating. It’s all about money, this is a business and Canadian teams don’t draw TV revenue south of the border. There is a reason Canadian teams rarely get past the first round since Bettman arrived.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He rolls back to find the puck behind him and he he does, he pushes the puck into the net.  Granted, a lot of things happened in that one second, but that puck would have gone in regardless imo.

They challenge that, lose and they've given up the tying goal on the pk and then are right back out for the pk.  You have to be pretty damn sure you're going to win to make that move.  Obviously the guys on the video duty didn't see it your way and they have the same video you saw 

I am not arguing it was dumb not to challenge that but it was 100% not Silvos pushing it in himself or the puck going in anyways.

The puck was frozen on the ice behind Silvos and he made not motion towards it himself while trying to recover until he was knocked in either by the pred or fall from Blueger hit. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

It means Canucks Management need to hire an Acting Coach this comin offseason 🤣

Sadly flopping and diving works. It is a disgrace to the game but it works so freaking well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Tochet just being realistic about all levels of the officiating. It’s all about money, this is a business and Canadian teams don’t draw TV revenue south of the border. There is a reason Canadian teams rarely get past the first round since Bettman arrived.

They're not good enough??

• Haha 1

Looking at the Nashville tie goal... it is clear that that Nyquist hit Silovs with his skate before he was contacted by Blueger.

Should have been appealed.

Ahh well... tough to make that decision in seconds.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Looking at the Nashville tie goal... it is clear that that Nyquist hit Silovs with his skate before he was contacted by Blueger.

Should have been appealed.

Ahh well... tough to make that decision in seconds.

With these refs you know how they will rule. 

9 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Add two tougher skilled players to that roster and we'd have won that.. like this series, - Petey and add another JTM and the preds would have been headed to the golf course 

Is that what your crystal ball tells you?

Just now, 24K said:

Sadly flopping and diving works. It is a disgrace to the game but it works so freaking well. 

Still need acting skills 😅

platoon-action (1).gif

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I love Podz and I’d hardly call him the saviour, but I haven’t been happy with PDG or DJ this series, so I’m looking for a bit of a shakeup. That’s all. 

I get that. But love is more emotional. There's a reason why Tocc wanted him in Abby for their playoffs. 

Agree with shaking things up though. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

There's been something wrong with our offensive chemistry for a while now and the line blender thing isn't going to fix that.

It is just Pettey, he is so impotent that other teams can concentrate on Miller's line and Garland's line. 

• Cheers 1